[AOSP 5.1.1][Snapdragon] Prerooted, cleaned & fingerprint compatible

Search This thread

MrColdbird

Nov 25, 2011
www.black-seraph.com
AOSP 5.1.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (kenzo)
Based on leaked Xiaomi 5.1.1 AOSP ROM (Build 300)
Cleaned, prerooted and fingerprint compatible

Prologue
I've decided to take the time and hack together a quick TWRP-compatible ZIP of the leaked AOSP ROM with a few goodies on top so that we have at least one stable non-MIUI ROM to keep us going until CM13 is ready for daily driving.

Before people ask:
  • This ROM doesn't have OTA support, and it won't be updated on a regularly basis.
  • Yes, its capable of daily-driving with no big issues whatsoever.
  • Yes, you need a unlocked bootloader to flash this (the unofficial bootloader unlock will work however).
  • It's prerooted, pre-gapped and pre-xposed, so you will have essentially everything you will ever need already there.

Changes (when compared to the originally leaked AOSP ROM)
  • Overlapping No-SIM Symbol has been removed
  • Redundant SPN Debug Overlays have been removed
  • Debug Buttons have been removed from the Recent Apps View
  • APK Signature Check has been disabled in the Framework
  • Debug applications have been removed
  • Fingerprint reader support has been added
  • SuperSU (Free) has been pre-installed
  • Gapps are bundled
  • Xposed is bundled
  • Default language / region has been changed to en-US
  • Merged SIM Signal Bars
  • Translated Fingerprint implementation into several languages
  • logd is disabled (as to avoid sdcard logspam)

Donations
Should you wish to support this (or other projects of mine), please consider donating a few bucks to me via PayPal.

Alternatively, if you like the general idea of bringing proper Android support to badly supported devices (mostly China-Phones), please consider becoming a patron to my "Bring CyanogenMod to China-Phones" movement over at Patreon by pledging a few dollars every month to move me closer to the goal of doing this for a living instead of only squeezing in a few hours every week next to my regular work.

Every support, no matter how tiny, is appreciated (but of course not required).

DOWNLOAD V4

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP 5.1.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
MrColdbird, asoroka, sicmosh, Ion42, barmyman
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-04-08

Created 2016-04-08
Last Updated 2016-04-19

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-04-19-23-58-43.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-23-58-43.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 58,816
  • Screenshot_2016-04-19-23-59-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-04-19-23-59-51.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 58,122
  • Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-09.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-09.png
    149.6 KB · Views: 58,351
  • Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-19.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-19.png
    116.5 KB · Views: 54,747
  • Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-31.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-31.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 52,972
  • Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-04-20-00-00-36.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 51,210
Last edited:

anDY.HK

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks! This is for MTK or SnapDragon version of Note 3?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 Redmi Note 3 發送

Asoroka

Jul 22, 2009
Slow then miui?

Inviato dal mio kenzo utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes, apps opens longer than in miui. Some lag in scrolling presist. Snapdragon Camera not optimised and works even worse than stock.
If you dont want AOSP by all means its better to stick with Global ROM for now. Only pros of this firmware is AOSP interface and good signal strength.

sanjib734

Feb 22, 2012
Durgapur
Yes, apps opens longer than in miui. Some lag in scrolling presist. Snapdragon Camera not optimised and works even worse than stock.
If you dont want AOSP by all means its better to stick with Global ROM for now. Only pros of this firmware is AOSP interface and good signal strength.

Download kernel auidtor from play store and set gpu min freq. from 133 to 266 or 300.

Reactions: Asoroka

Naphtha

Jan 2, 2015
Crotone
Lol? Snadragon is better then miui camera app...ahhaha

Inviato dal mio kenzo utilizzando Tapatalk

Daihogo

May 1, 2010
Aachen
Please change the title of this thread at the end to SNAPDRAGON or something like this.
Two different devices in one area

Reactions: Ludespeed

Asoroka

Jul 22, 2009
Download kernel auidtor from play store and set gpu min freq. from 133 to 266 or 300.
I tried it now, but no noticeable change happen. Also AOSP already have high battery drain, so this is not good solution.
Chrome just stop responding to touch on fast scrolling for a second in this thread.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP 5.1.1 for Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (kenzo)
    Based on leaked Xiaomi 5.1.1 AOSP ROM (Build 300)
    Cleaned, prerooted and fingerprint compatible

Prologue
    I've decided to take the time and hack together a quick TWRP-compatible ZIP of the leaked AOSP ROM with a few goodies on top so that we have at least one stable non-MIUI ROM to keep us going until CM13 is ready for daily driving.

Before people ask:
    • This ROM doesn't have OTA support, and it won't be updated on a regularly basis.
    • Yes, its capable of daily-driving with no big issues whatsoever.
    • Yes, you need a unlocked bootloader to flash this (the unofficial bootloader unlock will work however).
    • It's prerooted, pre-gapped and pre-xposed, so you will have essentially everything you will ever need already there.

Changes (when compared to the originally leaked AOSP ROM)
    • Overlapping No-SIM Symbol has been removed
    • Redundant SPN Debug Overlays have been removed
    • Debug Buttons have been removed from the Recent Apps View
    • APK Signature Check has been disabled in the Framework
    • Debug applications have been removed
    • Fingerprint reader support has been added
    • SuperSU (Free) has been pre-installed
    • Gapps are bundled
    • Xposed is bundled
    • Default language / region has been changed to en-US
    • Merged SIM Signal Bars
    • Translated Fingerprint implementation into several languages
    • logd is disabled (as to avoid sdcard logspam)

Donations
    Should you wish to support this (or other projects of mine), please consider donating a few bucks to me via PayPal.

Alternatively, if you like the general idea of bringing proper Android support to badly supported devices (mostly China-Phones), please consider becoming a patron to my "Bring CyanogenMod to China-Phones" movement over at Patreon by pledging a few dollars every month to move me closer to the goal of doing this for a living instead of only squeezing in a few hours every week next to my regular work.

Every support, no matter how tiny, is appreciated (but of course not required).

DOWNLOAD V4

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP 5.1.1, ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3

Contributors
    MrColdbird, asoroka, sicmosh, Ion42, barmyman
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable Release Date: 2016-04-08

Created 2016-04-08
    Last Updated 2016-04-19
    Fingerprint sensor on AOSP [BETA]

1. Install latest AOSP using TWRP 3.0.0! (thx padraiq for link)
    2. Install file explorer with root access (eg. Root Explorer)
    3. Download and unpack fingerprint.zip
    4. Copy folders inside archive to /system/ using file manager.
    5. Reboot phone.

Fingerprint app will be installed. You can set up your fingerprints and lock settings here.

Contributors: asoroka, sicmosh, Ion42, barmyman.

P.S. fingerprit settings still need to be moved in settings, file permissions fixed and some libs included might be redundant, but who cares. You all want to play with fingerprint right now.
    But cm13 stable not confirm yet. Only petition is signing.

Sent from my kenzo using XDA-Developers mobile app
    So you're one of the guys who is going around signing petitions for cm13.
    Okay i'll keep it short. You should research and understand that cm team themselves don't select devices and start building official rom for them. No. A developer who owns the device starts building unofficial cm rom for the device. He perfects it and makes it as flawless as possible over the period of a few months.
    After the developer feels that his unofficial rom has become stable enough, he submits it to cm team for granting official status. Cm team checks and verifies the rom and it's stability. If all the functionality is working properly then cm team takes over the development and official builds are uploaded automatically on cm server. The developer is given the status of device maintainer and he still contributes major fixes and commits but the whole process becomes semi automatic.

So now you guys stop your petition. SantoshM and MrColdbird are already working on cm13 for our device. Your petition won't cause magical people to drop from heaven who will develop official cm13 within 2 days. No.
    SantoshM and MrColdbird will first develop unofficial builds. If and when they feel its stable enough, they might request official status.

Hit thanks if I helped you ?
    EVERYBODY STOP DEMANDING STUFF!

1. READ WHAT IS !!!!AOSP!!!!
    - AOSP Is not CM (So NO theme engine, NO "candy's") AOSP is bone stock Android Nexus Like.

2. This ROM is not SELF MADE - Meaning It was released by Qualcomm and it only can be mod-ed to certain degree.

3. If you want 2 SIM signal / Stock DPI (Basically without any mod-s) Go and find that ROM somewhere in MIUI Forum and flash it.

4. @MrColdbird made the modifications by himself, for himself. He IS NOT obligated to share his work, or do anything for you. Respect that and take the ROM as it is or be polite, find some other ROM and flash that.

5. Do NOT ask for ETA's. Every single version to this point WAS the last one. As the original ROM is not being updated.

6. You can use XPOSED and LAYERS on this ROM. Go and figure it out how to make the phone the way you Like it.

7. Stop being douche and pay some respect. Do not BEG, Do not DEMAND, Do not COMPLAIN. Do Not ARGUE.
    Dear Users of AOSP_Prerooted and AOSP also,
    I think we will not get quickly the fixing of RIL in the CM 12/13 from @Santhosh M and in this case in the "waiting status" I propose the modernization of AOSP Prerooted ROM.
    From me I present the script for removing of "bloatware" apk's and services from nice AOSP Prerooted ROM.
    This script runs from recovery mode (Install zip) and could be used in clean flashing of ROM: after flash of ROM (if you not use GAPPS) or after flash of GAPPS (if you use Google). It could be used also for cleaning of already installed system. Script installs also some ringtones from me.

What will be deleted:
    system/app/Email – a lot of other application
    system/app/Exchange2 - no comments
    system/app/CMFileManager - a lot of other application. I like FX from NextApp
    system/app/CellBroadcastWidget – no comments
    system/app/fastdormancy - draining of battery but benefit is zero (my opinion)
    system/app/FingerprintService – it not works and must rejected
    system/app/Home – sorry, but it’s not launcher
    system/app/QFingerprintService - it not works and must rejected
    system/app/Gallery2 – Google Foto is better
    system/app/PicoTts - multilingualism is absent. I use from Google
    system/app/SWE_AndroidBrowser – I don’t use it

system/vendor/ChinaMobile - I don't live in China
    system/vendor/ChinaTelecom - I don't live in China
    system/vendor/ChinaUnicom - I don't live in China

system/priv-app/CellBroadcastReceiver - no comments
    system/priv-app/FT_Terminal_Test – where is this in launcher?

You can to use this script as a template for removing and installing other application and system files or for theming (I want to creat the theming of AOSP Prerooted but it's in future).

DOWNLOAD:
    https://mega.nz/#!6E9kCZyZ!teHwTKa4ynObQh80wOEjWH_cLdUiEYRQKS_7-1gOMT4