AOSP [7.1.1_r4] Nougat for Nexus 10 [07/12/16]

Search This thread

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Disclaimer:
We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

Not much to say except its pure aosp with no changes other then double tap on wallpaper to lock device.
Don't expect any of the pixel stuff included, the launcher is still the aosp launcher, not the pixel launcher since as far as I know its not open source yet.

Working:
Everything but camera.
Small bug in youtube where when you change video resolution to a higher one the screenratio stays the same so the image focuses in. for now if you want to view a video in 1440p, change the video to 1440p, then when it zooms in press the home button and then focus back to youtube and play, it will look ok now.

Not working:
see pure nexus rom, I explain why I disabled the camera, so no camera for now

Bugs:
* there seems to be some odd small bug where audio files are in 48khz but the device outputs at 44khz, so we get a small delay (sometimes longer), not sure if we always had this but I can't get the 44khz ogg files for the life of me...
* Cropping when higher resolution is selected in youtube (just press home and go back to youtube when changing resolution)

Credits: @scanno from omnirom, devs at CM for some more fixes, @Khaon for the kernel base

Beta2 (7.1.1):
ROM: Download
Gapps: http://opengapps.org/

Beta1:
regarding gapps, please use pico since for now our system partition is too small for the stock zip. also, there seems to be a bug in opengapps right now where you get an empty window when trying to restore previous apps. simply select the 'setup new device' in the setup wizard (unless they fixed it and I don't know about it)

Instructions:
1. format system/data/cache partitions
2. flash rom + gapps pico 7.1
3. flash supersu from http://www.supersu.com/
4. optional: flash google assistant (keep in mind it changes the device name to pixel instead of nexus 10
5. reboot

Device tree source: https://github.com/sooti/android_device_samsung_manta
Kernel: https://github.com/sooti/android_kernel_samsung_manta

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP [7.1.0_r4 ]Nougat for Nexus 10, ROM for the Google Nexus 10

Contributors
sooti, scanno, khaon
Source Code: https://github.com/sooti

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2016-10-26
Last Updated 2016-10-26

Contributors
sooti, scanno, khaon

Version Information

Created 2016-10-26
Last Updated 2016-12-06

Last edited:

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
Changes:
07/12/16:
* Reverted to lower kernel version 3.4.67, this should fix the headphone/mic issues that happened. the rest of the features and kernel mods from khaon are still here
* updated to android 7.1.1_r4

26/10/16:
* Initial release
* Fixed gapps permissions crash when first booting
* addressed more selinux denials in android 7.1

Last edited:

Berlino

Aug 8, 2012
Cudos for this great rom, my manta flies with nougat.

b37b37d15d6467d2f49f2b755ca6b7c0.jpg

hboyer

works like a charm!

@sooti
dirty flashed the ROM over your latest pure nexus one (22/10) + opengapps pico 7.1
only wiped system, cache and dalvik - kept data partition

so far works like a charm - no chrashes
multiwindow works
flashed leaked pixel launcher (also works)
supersu I still have to check

excellent work :good::good::good:
THANKS

Last edited:

PainToad

Jul 23, 2011
Omg this rom is friggin fast! Please, please don't give up on the few bugs. Thanks so much.

mihalich1

May 29, 2012
South Orange County, CA
I'm up. wiped system, cache, data, installed rom, gapps arm 7.1 pico, super user. rebooted. it boot cycled once during the reboot (super user install said it might do that), and then booted up relatively fast. Going through setup now.

Edit: Damn dude, this rom is no slower than lollipop 5.1.1 was. Everything is working except the camera as noted. Haven't tried to flash google assistant or the pixel launcher. Going to stick with what i have and see how it runs for a few days.

Last edited:

n_than93

Oct 27, 2016
Google Assistant

Having trouble enabling google assistant. Any help would be appreciated. Says: Error personal file tweak.prop not found or empty

pottendo

Jan 27, 2012
Hi,
works flawlessly; flashed in top of pure (as hboyer did) without full wipe, just Cache/Dalvik.
Thanx for the effort - great work!

Sent from my AOSP on Manta using XDA Free mobile app

PainToad

Jul 23, 2011
I don't get why it's so fast? Is it because it's pure ASOP without all the bloat of other roms?

EDIT: Headphone detection isn't working :( This is a deal breaker for me.
EDIT2: Rebooting with them plugged in works. Also headset controls aren't working.
EDIT3: Weird one, Spotify stutters when pressing any of the softkeys.

Any chance of a fix?

Last edited:

mihalich1

May 29, 2012
South Orange County, CA
This morning, after i installed and configured everything to get it back to the point i had it on 5.1.1, i was at 89% battery. I left it sitting upstairs unplugged all day and it's been on battery for about 10 hours, and the battery is at 82%. Looking at battery usage, it just says idle 1%, android os 1%. that's unbelievable.

Edit: And i can confirm that the headphone detection isn't working on mine as well. After i plug in the headphones, the sound is still coming out of the speakers.

Joe

Last edited:

SpaceOgre

May 1, 2009
Göteborg
Installed it a few hours ago and it is running really good, for me it is even faster than 5.1.1

I can also confirm that the headphone detection isn't working. A reboot with them in works (like @PainToad said), but then you have to reboot to get sound to speakers again.

frisky124

Mar 5, 2013
Warsaw
Really nice user experience. I am definitely not going back to 5.1 (not mentioning 6.0).

A liitle bug: sometimes there is a small delay after touching the screen and the sounds of the touching. Vibrations don't delay.

sooti

Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2012
This morning, after i installed and configured everything to get it back to the point i had it on 5.1.1, i was at 89% battery. I left it sitting upstairs unplugged all day and it's been on battery for about 10 hours, and the battery is at 82%. Looking at battery usage, it just says idle 1%, android os 1%. that's unbelievable.

Edit: And i can confirm that the headphone detection isn't working on mine as well. After i plug in the headphones, the sound is still coming out of the speakers.

Joe

I don't get why it's so fast? Is it because it's pure ASOP without all the bloat of other roms?

EDIT: Headphone detection isn't working :( This is a deal breaker for me.
EDIT2: Rebooting with them plugged in works. Also headset controls aren't working.
EDIT3: Weird one, Spotify stutters when pressing any of the softkeys.

Any chance of a fix?

Installed it a few hours ago and it is running really good, for me it is even faster than 5.1.1

I can also confirm that the headphone detection isn't working. A reboot with them in works (like @PainToad said), but then you have to reboot to get sound to speakers again.

Very weird :/ I just checked with my headphones (regular 3.5 no mic headphones) and they work fine, there is a small delay of about 2-3 seconds sometimes but it works fine... no need for reboot. can someone attach a logcat so I can see what's going on?
Really nice user experience. I am definitely not going back to 5.1 (not mentioning 6.0).

A liitle bug: sometimes there is a small delay after touching the screen and the sounds of the touching. Vibrations don't delay.

This bug is known and is in the main post, its due to the audio being 48khz while the hardware output is 44khz so there is a delay since the hardware converts it everytime. I have yet to find a working solution for this

mihalich1

May 29, 2012
South Orange County, CA
Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but the pulse notification light seems to be stuck on all the time. Can't get it to turn off, no matter what i do. Turned it off in settings, rebooted, etc. I didn't notice if it was stuck on when i first booted after install. But maybe after i got the first notification and the light came on, now it's stuck on?

Last edited:

SpaceOgre

May 1, 2009
Göteborg
Very weird :/ I just checked with my headphones (regular 3.5 no mic headphones) and they work fine, there is a small delay of about 2-3 seconds sometimes but it works fine... no need for reboot. can someone attach a logcat so I can see what's going on?

From when do you want the logcat, from boot up? just before I plugg in headphones?

If i start the tablet without headset/headphones in there is nothing in the logcat at all when I plug them in.
If it start with them in and then remove them there are some rows in the logcat about it and then the sound is changed to to speakers. When I plugg them in again it is as before, nothing in the logcat.

eggz2004

Nov 4, 2005
Porto
Hi, nice ROM, just testing and have a small problem with my wifi. Somehow it drops connections every couple of minutes, then it connects automaticaly again.
Anyone having this issue? Fix?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for anything that may happen to your phone as a result of installing custom roms and/or kernels. you do so at your own risk and take the responsibility upon yourself.

Not much to say except its pure aosp with no changes other then double tap on wallpaper to lock device.
    Don't expect any of the pixel stuff included, the launcher is still the aosp launcher, not the pixel launcher since as far as I know its not open source yet.

Working:
    Everything but camera.
    Small bug in youtube where when you change video resolution to a higher one the screenratio stays the same so the image focuses in. for now if you want to view a video in 1440p, change the video to 1440p, then when it zooms in press the home button and then focus back to youtube and play, it will look ok now.

Not working:
    see pure nexus rom, I explain why I disabled the camera, so no camera for now

Bugs:
    * there seems to be some odd small bug where audio files are in 48khz but the device outputs at 44khz, so we get a small delay (sometimes longer), not sure if we always had this but I can't get the 44khz ogg files for the life of me...
    * Cropping when higher resolution is selected in youtube (just press home and go back to youtube when changing resolution)

Credits: @scanno from omnirom, devs at CM for some more fixes, @Khaon for the kernel base

Beta2 (7.1.1):

Beta1:
    regarding gapps, please use pico since for now our system partition is too small for the stock zip. also, there seems to be a bug in opengapps right now where you get an empty window when trying to restore previous apps. simply select the 'setup new device' in the setup wizard (unless they fixed it and I don't know about it)

Instructions:
    1. format system/data/cache partitions
    2. flash rom + gapps pico 7.1
    3. flash supersu from http://www.supersu.com/
    4. optional: flash google assistant (keep in mind it changes the device name to pixel instead of nexus 10
    5. reboot

Device tree source: https://github.com/sooti/android_device_samsung_manta
    Kernel: https://github.com/sooti/android_kernel_samsung_manta

Contributors
    sooti, scanno, khaon

Version Information

Created 2016-10-26
    Last Updated 2016-10-26

Contributors
    sooti, scanno, khaon

Version Information

Created 2016-10-26
    Last Updated 2016-12-06
    Hey guys small update: I believe the headphone issue is created somewhere along the upstream to 3.4.113 so I decided to just use the default 3.4.67 branch of khaon along with the nougat changes and I believe the headphone issue is gone. anyway if all goes well i'll upload a new build in the next few days when the new security patch is out.
    I'll try to get around to updating pure nexus rom as well :)

no fix yet for audio delay but microphone and headphones seem to work fine now
    only other bug is the youtube cropping issue... no idea what to do there...
    Changes:
    07/12/16:
    * Reverted to lower kernel version 3.4.67, this should fix the headphone/mic issues that happened. the rest of the features and kernel mods from khaon are still here
    * updated to android 7.1.1_r4

26/10/16:
    * Initial release
    * Fixed gapps permissions crash when first booting
    * addressed more selinux denials in android 7.1
    Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but i noticed today that screen casting (with chromecast) is not working. It works with my other nexus 10's that are on the factory os/version. The option to cast is there, but when i select the chromecast, it looks like it connects for a second, then it says, the connection ended. I tried it from the notification tray area, and from the google home (previously google cast) app, and had the same issue.

This ROM just relived my Nexus 10, thanks bro... Work allmost perfect. The only problem that I found is when you are listening music (Spotify in my case), everytime you interact with the system/screen, the sound stops for just a moment and continues, it's anoying but at least now my N10 is working fine :)

AOSP 7.1.1_r4 is cooking in the oven folks ;)

I am using the fixed kernel, this should fix heapdhone/mic issues. see if it fixes the issues above, if not ill try to debug it and see if I can fix it.
    No fix yet for youtube cropping and audio delay. I suggest disabling audio click sounds for now and when using a higher resolution simply press home then go back to youtube and play, fixes the issue for me, temp solution but it works.

P.S. thanks to all the donors, every little bit helps :)
    Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but i noticed today that screen casting (with chromecast) is not working. It works with my other nexus 10's that are on the factory os/version. The option to cast is there, but when i select the chromecast, it looks like it connects for a second, then it says, the connection ended. I tried it from the notification tray area, and from the google home (previously google cast) app, and had the same issue.

OK folks, new build is up, i tested the casting feature with my firestick since i don't own a chromecast and it worked 100% like a charm.

No idea about spotify since its sadly not available where I am but I might use a proxy to test it later. everything else works great, the GPU performance is amazing now, not sure if it's the kernel or newer android but before the new build I had a lot of stuttering when playing games. now they are running almost as smooth as my LG G3 and score over 40,000 in antutu, not bad.