AOSP [7.1.2_r33]Nougat for Nexus 5 [NZH54D] [25/10/2017]

Search This thread

famewolf

Jul 14, 2006
OnePlus 7 Pro
fix for that problem already posted.
if you are not happy with the rom don't use mate, or you can just type sprint in the search button before beind rude to the dev

The user who proposed the fix stated here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=68724295&postcount=1907 the fix worked for a while and then quit. That is not fixed. Heck the fact the rom doesn't work for sprint users isn't even listed in the outstanding issues in the op. Pointing out a glaring issue in something being called a "daily driver" is no more rude than someone honking their horn and pointing out that one of the wheels on your car is wobbling as you drive down the road. As no one has indicated they are actively working on the issue and previous posts have been ignored someone has to bring it up.

Manish Salian

Aug 13, 2014
Thanks Santhosh M for building Android N for Nexus 5:good:... This Rom is awesome but I am facing one issue with this rom ..“Connect” button is grayed out when connecting to a WiFi PEAP.. I am on 16/09 build..I request you that please fix this issue..

Reactions: BLUESAL

jonpry

Apr 22, 2010
Installed yesterday, everything seemed 100% and then this morning camera doesn't work at all. Camera error-can't connect to the camera kind of thing. Tried bunch of different apps to no avail. Only thing I can think of that may have caused it was installation of Magisk and PHH superuser. Anyone having similar problems or have any advice?

Turning SE linux off seems to fix the camera. Definitely seems to be a problem with the policy in PHH superuser. We probably need a custom build of superuser for Nougat on hammerhead.

Reactions: BLUESAL
V

Valle

Thanks Santhosh M for building Android N for Nexus 5:good:... This Rom is awesome but I am facing one issue with this rom ..“Connect” button is grayed out when connecting to a WiFi PEAP.. I am on 16/09 build..I request you that please fix this issue..
You need to choose a certificate and then you can connect to the network.

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

pankajramnani

Dec 6, 2011
New Delhi
Just installed this ROM, and since my phone's power button is broken, I've been trying to remap the key layout, but whenever I try to save the layout files in the root directory, I am unable to save them. It shows me an error "Write Failed: epipe (broken pipe)".

Can anyone help?

I'm already rooted, if that helps.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

BLUESAL

Sep 15, 2016
Camera can´t connect problem

Turning SE linux off seems to fix the camera. Definitely seems to be a problem with the policy in PHH superuser. We probably need a custom build of superuser for Nougat on hammerhead.

Hi, after installing this rom I faced this camera problem, I reinstalled everything from kitkat to android m (hammerhead images but nothing fixes the problem) I´m completely ignorant how do you turn off SE linux ? is there any suggestion ? Now my Nexus 5 is without camera .. that´s really upsetting? Any advise???? Please

Boulaxx

Apr 4, 2016
Beirut
Guys sorry for this question, I'm confused. Which is better for battery life and performance? Stock kernel or blu spark? I see that slow charging in blu spark is gone. Any reply is really appreciated

kamild_

• Hi, after installing this rom I faced this camera problem, I reinstalled everything from kitkat to android m (hammerhead images but nothing fixes the problem) I´m completely ignorant how do you turn off SE linux ? is there any suggestion ? Now my Nexus 5 is without camera .. that´s really upsetting? Any advise???? Please
    You're not supposed to turn off SELinux, especially if you're not an advanced user. Wait for a proper fix instead :)

I.m.Tuga

Jun 20, 2012
    The main problem here is since this new update I can no longer record on camera with 1080p no matter what camera app I use and in consequence YouTube in 1080p. Something different have been updated in the ROM that is making this happening

Enviado do meu Nexus 5 através de Tapatalk

Elzaa

• Dec 4, 2013
    Melbourne
    Thanks for the build Santhosh, awesome work!

I've reverted from the 16/9 to 8/9 because unfortunately mobile data wasn't connecting :/ The settings were still all enabled etc, and I was connecting to the network (so SMS/calls still worked), just no data. I'll try the next version :)

Note: I have been dirty-flashing new versions of the ROM, can't be stuffed with clean ones.

Thanks again! :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      AOSP Nougat 7.1.2 for Nexus 5​

Hi all,

This is a nougat build for Nexus 5 and is a decent daily driver. It might contain bugs that i am not aware of or not encountered in my daily use

What works ?
      • Wifi
      • RIL
      • Bluetooth
      • Camera
      • Other stuff which i might have not mentioned under not working

What doesn't ?
      • Stuff that i may not be aware of
        (Please don't ask ETA for any bug fixes)

Changelog :

25/10/2017:

• KRACK wifi vulnerability fix.
      • Rest everything remain as such as last released build.

Older changelogs :

10/08/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.2_r33 (NZH54D)
      • Brings in August security updates
      • All non aosp features continue to remain

07/07/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.2_r27 (NZH54B)
      • Brings in July security updates

07/06/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.2_r17 (NJH47B)
      • Brings in June security updates

04/05/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.2_r11 (NHG47L)
      • Brings in May security updates

07/04/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.2_r5 (N2G47J) [ Initial release]
      • Brings in April security updates

13/03/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.1_r28 (N6F26U)
      • Brings in March security updates
      • Added Caffeine tile in quick settings (had a personal use for the same and just added it in the build)
      14/02/2017:
      • Fix Wifi issue faced on custom kernels
      • Fix crash on stock AOSP music player
      07/02/2017:
      • Update to android - 7.1.1_r22 (NMF26X)
      • February security patch
      • Fixes the set wallpaper crash in default Launcher 3
      05/01/2017:
      • Update to 7.1.1_r12 [N4F26M]
      • Fixed long pending bug of double tap statusbar to sleep disable settings not working
      26/12/2016:
      • Fix green flicker issue faced while video recording in custom camera apps such as Google camera [long pending request]
      • Update to 7.1.1_r6 [NMF26Q]
      • Show selinux status in about phone
      15/12/2016:
      • UI lag and audio issues caused by default kernel has been fixed
      • Tethering has also been fixed properly (tested and used it on my device)
      10/12/2016:
      • Fix wifi tethering
      • Update kernel commits from latest google marshmallow release
      • Update vendor blobs from latest marshmallow release for Nexus 5 (M4B30Z)
      • Update broadcomm wifi firmware ( You don't need to flash wifi fix anymore on custom kernels. Google hadn't updated it in nougat branch for some reason all these days)

06/12/2016:
      • Updated to 7.1.1_r4 (NMF26O) and that makes it the initial 7.1.1 release
      • Selinux is now enforcing
      • AOSP Launcher 3 now default contains pixel launcher features (Not any addition from my end. This is just to let you know the google changes)
      • All my previous non AOSP features continue to remain as such

24/11/2016:
      • Removed forced partial screenshot (key combo for screenshot will behave like usual regular behavior)
      • Added Screenshot to Power menu & long press on Screenshot in power menu to use partial screenshot
      • Bought back advanced reboot features (recovery,bootloader,soft reboot) to AOSP restart function.
      • Initial support for Pixel navbar animation ( Available as separate flashable zip under downloads. Flash that only on this build as its not a universal any rom flashable zip)

15/11/2016:
      • Updated to 7.1.0_r7 (that also brings in Nov security updates)
      • Pixel navigation bar (changes on screen buttons to the newer pixel look)
      • Replaces AOSP music app with Eleven (cyanogenmod's music player)
      • Force enabled partial screenshot feature (after pressing the key combination for screenshot, it will ask you to draw the area for screenshot and once u do that it will save the pic)
        Previous features of the ROM continue to remain

26/10/2016:
      • Brings the night display/night light feature of Android 7.1 (which is currently enabled only for pixel phones).

- This is same as the night mode in 7.0, but brings certain additions like custom scheduling night mode (like custom time.sunset to sunrise and manual turn on )
        - Can be accessed via Settings - display (available via quick tiles too)
      • Enabled Gestures to appear in setttings menu ( by default its hidden in 7.1 ). This was enabled since double press power button to open camera settings option was not anymore available publicly and it has been moved to gestures

22/10/2016 :
      • Android 7.1 (NDE63P)
      • Advanced reboot has been removed (Since aosp now has restart by default)
      • Dark theme mode has been removed (Might add back later)
      • Other minor changes

Non - aosp features :
      • Volume rocker to wake up device
      • Double tap on statusbar to sleep

For FAQ's/tips/ about the ROM please refer this thread ( This thread is not updated anymore)

Flashing method :
      • Need to have TWRP
      • Do a full wipe and install the rom
      • Reboot

Downloads:

AOSP Nougat for Nexus 5 (25/10/2017)

XDA:DevDB Information
      AOSP [7.1.2] Nougat for Nexus 5, ROM for the Google Nexus 5

Contributors
      Santhosh M
      Source Code: https://github.com/sandymanu/hammerhead_nkernel

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x

Version Information
      Stable Release Date: 2017-10-25

Created 2016-08-24
      Last Updated 2017-10-25
      Thanks

Thanks to the following donators

Alessandro Martignoni
      Daniel Radics
      Вершинин Алексей
      Martin Graf
      Alex Zilmer
      khemraj nauth

I am sorry i couldn't tag your xda names as i am not aware of :)

If someone wishes to thank for my work and donate, choose the option of services/goods in paypal ( as I am a Indian user ) and the donation will go through.
      Finally had a take off

Just booted. Nothing works of course !

Ck1NVH5.png
      New build

Hi all,

Released a new build. Tested by myself.

Issues fixed :

* Camera pictures not getting saved ( Have checked video recording too )
      * Enabled the power modes doze flag

Additional goodies :

Both these will be available in systemui tuner ( check attached screenshots )

* Enabled night mode ( i am loving it )
      * Nav bar customization

Download link available in OP

Flash and lemme know your feedbacks :)

Regards
      Santhosh
      New build (29/09/2016)

Hi all,

New build (29/09/2016)

Changelog :
      • Fixes the APN issue ( should fix the need of manual addition )
      • Reverted the youtube fix change ( looks like it broke for more people than it fixed)
      • Brings back AOSP dark theme feature ( Activate it from settings - display - them) [ Google removed it ]
      • Other minor cleanups
        Non-AOSP feature :
      • Long pending request of volume keys awaking phone feature added. It only adds that support and does not include any other volume key related custom ROM features [ default is off and turn it on via settings - display]

Flash and have fun !

Regards
      Santhosh