• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

AOSP 7.1.* Z5 Premium

Search This thread

Elfmirth

Dec 12, 2015
Present you with a 7.1 .1 Nougat AOSP!

Tested on E6853, released a build for Dual E6883 "NOT TESTED" try at your own risk

Install trough ADB as usual by flashing boot.img system img and userdata.img
(detailed how to in post no.2)

Note:
If you are updating from previous release, flash only system.img if you wanna keep your userdata (you will only loose gapps)

This is pure AOSP.
have tried most of it and everything has been working fine.
Improvments from 7.0:
Camera is working (Not inverted anymore)
Fingerprint is working
Auto brightness works as intended

Known bugs:
AC 5GHz wifi might not work for all.
Fingerprint might bug out for some people.

Download Here

GApps
(Use arm64 7.1)

Updated 2017-04-14
AOSP 7.1.1 rev 38

Cheers

XDA:DevDB Information
AOSP 7.1.*, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Contributors
Elfmirth
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Current Stable Version: _r7
Stable Release Date: 2016-12-18

Created 2016-12-14
Last Updated 2017-04-17

Elfmirth

Dec 12, 2015
Reserved

How to:
In the ADB folder press shift key and right klick with your mouse, choose "Open Command prompt here"
Power off your phone, once it's off, press and hold volume key up, and plugg it in to your PC, now the indicator on the phone sould turn blue, that shows that the phone is in Fastboot mode.
(Check in your device manager that the sony fastboot drivers are installed)
when all that is done, in the command promt type:
Code:
fastboot flash boot "drag and drop the boot.img file"
when that is done type:
Code:
fastboot flash system "drag and drop the system.img file"
after that:
Code:
fastboot flash recovery "drag and drop the recovery.img file"
when all is done type:
Code:
fastboot reboot
and your phone will reboot, it might take longer than usual.

If you wanna install gapps and root READ!! and follow this to boot up TWRP.
When phone is booted up, turn it off again enter fastboot mode then:
Code:
fastboot [U]boot[/U] TWRP.img
2. On your phone press volume up until you see that you're booting in to TWRP

Last edited:

exvargos

Apr 2, 2016
Thanks a lot! I've been meaning to try building this myself. Thanks for giving me hope again for the Z5P!

exvargos

Apr 2, 2016
I've noticed a bug, Wifi AC (5GHz band) doesn’t work with this ROM. i flashed the 3 imgs (Boot, system, userdata) with fastboot, then used the boot.to.TWRP to boot into TWRP and flashed GApps and SuperSU through that.

Last edited:

WannaB101

Sep 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Tested and played with it for a couple hours. (E6853)

Everything seemed to work flawlessly minus performance being a little on the slow side in comparison to stock Sony Roms.

I didn't notice any issues with the 5ghz as it connected just fine and gave me 351mbps down and 26mbps up.

Im not sure if its 7.1 or an issue with the ROM but i couldn't get SU/Busybox to properly open. It kept FC even after clearing my caches.

(also, i couldnt find the asop.zip you referenced in the OP so i directly flashed all the .imgs directly)

Once we get the performance close to stock, and Camera up to par (its A LOT better, but still lacking features) this will definitely become a daily driver for me!

Lets hope Sony keeps pushing quality uploads to their aosp program!

Last edited:

Elfmirth

Dec 12, 2015
Tested and played with it for a couple hours. (E6853)

Everything seemed to work flawlessly minus performance being a little on the slow side in comparison to stock Sony Roms.

I didn't notice any issues with the 5ghz as it connected just fine and gave me 351mbps down and 26mbps up.

Im not sure if its 7.1 or an issue with the ROM but i couldn't get SU/Busybox to properly open. It kept FC even after clearing my caches.

(also, i couldnt find the asop.zip you referenced in the OP so i directly flashed all the .imgs directly)

Once we get the performance close to stock, and Camera up to par (its A LOT better, but still lacking features) this will definitely become a daily driver for me!

Lets hope Sony keeps pushing quality uploads to their aosp program!

The speed will improve over time, the first 2-3 hours and 2-3 reboots mine was a bit laggy to, but after installing pixel launcher and playing around for a few hours there is no lag at all and it's just as fast as my HTC 10 (if not faster)
FC on SU I havent had, but then again only used it for 3-4 apps but worked fine with those.
The asop.zip was a typo on my end, have removed it now :) (was a little to tired)

I've noticed a bug, Wifi AC (5GHz band) doesn’t work with this ROM. i flashed the 3 imgs (Boot, system, userdata) with fastboot, then used the boot.to.TWRP to boot into TWRP and flashed GApps and SuperSU through that.

"Edit" I tried a couple of times now and the only issue I had was cus of bad reception. But then again I dont have AC router only N 5GHz

Last edited:

exvargos

Apr 2, 2016

How did you flash? I tried again, fastboot flashing all 3 images then flashing gapps through the provided twrp, but still no 5G wifi.

Zmallwood

Apr 2, 2016
It's a lot better than the current 6.0.1 ROM I was previously using. RAM usage was cut down by half, battery life is pretty phenomenal and everything is butter smooth. I had some camera issues in the past where the z5p could never focus on anything.

All fixed with AOSP 7.1, making it my daily driver :D

Reactions: Elfmirth

KbaB.BroS

Aug 25, 2013
Gothenburg
Sony Xperia 1 II
Great ROM, but I have some issues with fingerprint. I added them during the initial setup and now they don't work after I rebooted once, so I tried to remove and add new fingerprints but the system freezes when I try to delete them. anybody else with same issues?

Elfmirth

Dec 12, 2015
Great ROM, but I have some issues with fingerprint. I added them during the initial setup and now they don't work after I rebooted once, so I tried to remove and add new fingerprints but the system freezes when I try to delete them. anybody else with same issues?

Hmm, haven't had that issue, but I never added fingerprint during setup, only added it after setup.

How did you flash? I tried again, fastboot flashing all 3 images then flashing gapps through the provided twrp, but still no 5G wifi.

Hmm that is wierd.

Im building a new rom atm, updated to 7.1_rev7 (from rev6) so hopefully it will fix some issues. Will be uploaded tonight if all goes well, and will upload for e6883 as well.

How is battery life for everyone? I had some massive drain on 7.0 but have had almost 3 days on one charge here (mostly standby)

Reactions: KbaB.BroS

KbaB.BroS

Aug 25, 2013
Gothenburg
Sony Xperia 1 II
Hmm, haven't had that issue, but I never added fingerprint during setup, only added it after setup.

Hmm that is wierd.

Im building a new rom atm, updated to 7.1_rev7 (from rev6) so hopefully it will fix some issues. Will be uploaded tonight if all goes well, and will upload for e6883 as well.

How is battery life for everyone? I had some massive drain on 7.0 but have had almost 3 days on one charge here (mostly standby)

Battery life is much better than Sony stock ROM and everything based on it, easily lasts me one day which is what I need. Light usage keeps the phone alive for more than two days.

Elfmirth

Dec 12, 2015
@Elfmirth from which stock FW version did you come from? from my experience fingerprint and other issues happens when I try flashing ROMX over a different FW than it was based of so the 5G WiFi and fingerprint might be a cause of this.

The first FW I started out flashing from was 32.1.A.1.163. Then I flashed AOSP 7.0 and after that AOSP 7.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Present you with a 7.1 .1 Nougat AOSP!

Tested on E6853, released a build for Dual E6883 "NOT TESTED" try at your own risk

Install trough ADB as usual by flashing boot.img system img and userdata.img
    (detailed how to in post no.2)

Note:
    If you are updating from previous release, flash only system.img if you wanna keep your userdata (you will only loose gapps)

This is pure AOSP.
    have tried most of it and everything has been working fine.
    Improvments from 7.0:
    Camera is working (Not inverted anymore)
    Fingerprint is working
    Auto brightness works as intended

Known bugs:
    AC 5GHz wifi might not work for all.
    Fingerprint might bug out for some people.

Download Here

GApps
    (Use arm64 7.1)

Updated 2017-04-14
    AOSP 7.1.1 rev 38

Cheers

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP 7.1.*, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Contributors
    Elfmirth
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: _r7
    Stable Release Date: 2016-12-18

Created 2016-12-14
    Last Updated 2017-04-17
    Reserved

How to:
    In the ADB folder press shift key and right klick with your mouse, choose "Open Command prompt here"
    Power off your phone, once it's off, press and hold volume key up, and plugg it in to your PC, now the indicator on the phone sould turn blue, that shows that the phone is in Fastboot mode.
    (Check in your device manager that the sony fastboot drivers are installed)
    when all that is done, in the command promt type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot "drag and drop the boot.img file"
    when that is done type:
    Code:
    fastboot flash system "drag and drop the system.img file"
    after that:
    Code:
    fastboot flash recovery "drag and drop the recovery.img file"
    when all is done type:
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    and your phone will reboot, it might take longer than usual.

If you wanna install gapps and root READ!! and follow this to boot up TWRP.
    When phone is booted up, turn it off again enter fastboot mode then:
    Code:
    fastboot [U]boot[/U] TWRP.img
    2. On your phone press volume up until you see that you're booting in to TWRP
    There will be a new link up this weekend, along with an updated build. Have had a lot with work the last couple of months, so haven't had time to work with this, sorry. But there will be new stuff this weekend :good:
    You can go ahead and use up to the latest 7.1.1_r7 source.
    I did try to build on 7.1.1 before setteling with 7.1 because there were to many buggs on 7.1.1 at the time, but im working on fixing some issues.

I'm curious to know what boot image and kernel you used though. I haven't been able to get LA.UM.5.5.r1 building and Sony says getting 7.1 working on newer phones like the XZ is their highest priority.

7.1 boot images also don't seem to be bootable for me. I usually take krabapples latest 7.0 boot image and shove the latest 7.0 pre-built kernel into it. Normally that's enough to get it to boot, but I'm curious if you have a better build process or have the latest source completely working.
    Im running on Sonys boot img and kernel.
    I did have some building issues with it at start, but for some reasons it buggs if you just try to compile it with sonys 7.1 repo. I had to merge both 7.0 and 7.1 repos to get the boot and kernel to work on 7.1

SoundAbout works wonders for forcing the device to use the headphone jack. It's not that the device doesn't see the jack there, I think somewhere in the kernel DTB files someone ****ed with the pin outs that tell the kernel headphones have been plugged in.

I know the front-facing camera DTB is ****ed up.
    https://github.com/sonyxperiadev/ker...amera.dtsi#L55
    Code:
    qcom,mount-angle = <90>;
    probably needs to be
    Code:
    qcom,mount-angle = <0>;
    (or 270)
    I'll see if I can fix it tomorrow.
    Thanks for that info, I will see if I can have a look at it to.

I know it have been a bit quiet aabout the build. but im looking in to some issues, and have had my ass filled with work the last couple of weeks :)

But Happy new year to all, and we will see if we can iron out some of the issues with this build :)
    Anyone how to boot into TWRP? kinda new to this

Read 2:nd post :)

There is a file named TWRP.img in the download link now (forgot to upload it earlier)