and what can i do about the fact that its stuck on boot screen ? i flashed oreo firmware on my phone then installed this oreo gsi then boot img and flashed magisk and no verity but still no luck its still on boot screen and it is on this screen for an hour now.. Other Gsi's do the same.. how can i fix this?
I´ve the same problem, but for me is that i cant use twrp recovery so i patched the stock boot.img and flash it using fastboot instead of Qfil (i have levono k5 play smartphone and trying with AOSP 9.0), then i boot my phone and it cant pass the google boot setting, cant search wi-fi network and when i try to omit it stay in a screen that say something like final information, so i tryed with this rom and the same problem so i intalled gsi havocOS and it works great, i think is cause it dont have gapps. Before i flashed that patched boot image everything was working great.
I could stay using havocOS but i need the gapps and as i was saying i cant install it, so if you or someone have the solution i will thank.
I´m not a native speaker, im learning yet.
- A-only should use https://android-review.googlesource.com/q/hashtag:"non-ab-boot-gsi"+(status:open OR status:merged) instead of dm-verity hacks
- the dm-verity work-around is also needed on A/B, so other patches are missing, for some other reason
- On A/B devices, this system.img effectively transforms the device into a userdebug build. This means adb root works!
adb root should work on A-only later too, though it requires that the OEM includes https://android-review.googlesource.com/q/topic:move-adbd-to-system+(status:open+OR+status:merged)
This can probably be worked-around by moving adbd inside a /system/etc/init/xxx.rc
- ADB auth is totally disabled at the moment on A/B, this is bad, but useful for debugging.
- Huawei (for instance Mate 9) doesn't declare android.hardware.fingerprint. This ROM does it for them, but this need to be better implemented
- SuperSU and Magisk screws with SELinux policy. DO NOT USE SuperSU OR Magisk WITH THIS ROM
Anyone running into this issue using v13 AOSP 8.1 A/B Arm64 gapps img on Google Pixel XL
Edit: not sure why the picture is like that using xda app
I somehow find this thread when searching for GMS certification error device information.
In addition to the "device is not certified" warning and user can't sign-in to GApps limitation, do you experience the same limitation on Google Player Service such as Firebase and FCM? These are more backend services comparing to GApps Sing-in but I would like to know what will happen on the apps which have a dependency on Google Player services when the device is not certified.
By extracting downloaded file you will get an img file. Now flash that img file via twrp to system.Is there any way to install the GSI Aosp ROM via TWRP "adb sideload" command? I have tried but I get the error zip file is corrupt. I cannot use the simple method of moving the file into the device storage as so TWRP can use because I get the error of driver "This device cannot start. (Code 10)" .