AOSP 9.0 GSI October security - A and AB Arm and Arm64 Legacy - No Modifications

Search This thread

Dzol Cp

Jan 5, 2012
TB/BF Penang
no problem :) it's building as we speak. aosp_arm_a-userdebug

Hope your build has no problem with in call sound, mostly all Pie gsi I try got same issues.

Edit:
Last GSI I try from phh build arm-aonly-vanilla

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181203-151854.png
    Screenshot_20181203-151854.png
    136.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Hope your build has no problem with in call sound, mostly all Pie gsi I try got same issues.

Edit:
Last GSI I try from phh build arm-aonly-vanilla

I think GSI are the same unless the user goes in and adds things. your drivers not working correctly is actually the blame of your manufacturer not putting 100% of what you need into the partition It looks like. same aosp problems, even if I build a rom with the tree, kernel, and blobs you will still have no call audio probably. something that your phone has on stock is missing when it goes to gsi, but your phone manufacturer needs to provide that. in my case it was touch sensor for the home button from One Plus needing adding in

mafero17

Oct 22, 2014
For Fastboot: Open ADB and type "fastboot flash system <image name>.img"
and ready?

Enviado desde mi Phh-Treble Go mediante Tapatalk

aljoscha81

Apr 23, 2016
For me caused end up by this error fastboot ...and so on in command window:
Can't load da name ......and of the .img. It can't be found or something but can maybe of wrong command will test out. ...... But got it installed by twrp and it is endless bootanimation.

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Nice to hear that brother! Thanks for your work, time and efforts :good:
Just flash type arm A only, via Twrp and fastboot, ROM not booting, flash my device fix for Pie GSI also same, nothing happen, so first now..:rolleyes:

Anyway, thanks again Dev @godkingofcanada
Are you on pie or oreo? It wouldn't boot for me either after I flashed 8.1 oxygen. But when I had 9.0 hydrogen it booted fine. I think maybe the vendor stuff, might need to be 9.0?

Reactions: Dzol Cp

Dzol Cp

Jan 5, 2012
TB/BF Penang
Are you on pie or oreo? It wouldn't boot for me either after I flashed 8.1 oxygen. But when I had 9.0 hydrogen it booted fine. I think maybe the vendor stuff, might need to be 9.0?

Yeah bro, I'm on Oreo 8.1 vendor, like you said, might be need for Pie vendor for your GSI to successfully boot. But my device still don't have a Pie vendor so far if I'm not mistaken. Xiaomi Mi 3

godkingofcanada

Nov 13, 2013
Yeah bro, I'm on Oreo 8.1 vendor, like you said, might be need for Pie vendor for your GSI to successfully boot. But my device still don't have a Pie vendor so far if I'm not mistaken. Xiaomi Mi 3
Not unless someone manually updated the vendor somehow. Let me look into how to make it backwards compatible, it was supposed to be legacy. I thought it worked with both

Reactions: Dzol Cp

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I compiled the GSI overnight, its aosp_arm64_a Legacy GSI, because the ones I keep downloading are all August security patch and I wanted it a little more up to date. I got the source directly from google and built it myself. AB is now uploaded as aosp_arm64_ab. A only is also up as aosp_arm64_a-aosp. I ran it on my One Plus 5, NFC was buggy but the camera, ril, Bluetooth, wifi, and everything I tried out worked. this is vanilla, so its bare bones. no apps besides the basics, no mods or any customizing. As this is a GSI it should be useable on many devices, I can only help you with the devices that I own, pixel XL and one plus 5. If you have a device other then that, you will have to find help from someone knowledgeable about that device. I have had success using twrp and fastboot to flash the system image. I was told doing it via fastboot is the best, so you can disable verified boot, then flash, then format all in one shot. My device did not require me to disable the verify boot. From my end it was literally as simple as 3 commands via fastboot and then restart the device and I was in. I flashed a 50mb gapps package from xda here, and magisk. took some photos, connected my Bluetooth speaker, made a call. sent some texts, installed a few apps. I will be staying on stock. But only because my device has stock pie, and the theming from one plus far trumps google.
    aosp_arm_a-userdebug and aosp_arm_ab-userdebug added
    https://mega.nz/#F!Xh4g2KSB!EJIGQtvLFKzHzqKXmZI7tg

Sources: https://source.android.com/setup/build/gsi
    Aosp_arm64_a-userdebug-V2-NovSec is now up on the link. Ab will follow. Google released a new version.
    Do you find it smoother than HOS Pie Beta ?

It's very fast. install and boot was very fast. but I just discovered my home button does not work. however I don't assume that would be a difficult fix. the back and pages button are working. its very bare tho, you need to install everything you want manually. Which I prefer, it gives me more control over my phone I find. Hydrogen works ok too, it just requires a bit of work to get play store going and remove all the bloatware. GSI camera worked fine from boot.
    can a mod change the title to reflect that this will have the AB and A GSI not just A? Please and thank you.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone