AOSP Android 11.0 for XZ1C (G8441)

Search This thread

tom.stanis

Sep 7, 2012
Hello.

I've managed to build AOSP Android 11.0 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) following the guide:
Sony Open Devices - Build AOSP Android 11.0

I'm going to try and test it on my device in following days.

Are there anyone interested in testing my build on your own device? If yes then write replay below and I'll share build output image files for flashing the device.

Greetings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are my output image files:
Sourceforge - g8441-aosp

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexKarimov

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
Hello.

I've managed to build AOSP Android 11.0 for Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact (G8441) following the guide:

Are there anyone interested in testing my build on your own device? If yes then write replay below and I'll share build output image files for flashing the device.

Greetings.
I would be happy to test it out, thanks

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
Added link in first post to my output image files. The issue with boot.img file still unsolved...
Any specific flashing instructions?

EDIT: Unsuccessful. Tried a few different ways, through TWRP and Fastboot. Through fastboot resulted in unlocked bootloader warning and black screen with no further activity. Through twrp resulted in no os installed warning, though i did wipe before installing images.

Last edited:

tom.stanis

Sep 7, 2012
I flashed with instructions from Sony-Open-Devices guide (link in the first post) - step 6 to 8.

Through fastboot resulted in unlocked bootloader warning and black screen with no further activity.
So the same result like on my device. Thanks for trying.
I'm looking forward to some help on my reported issue on sonyxperiadev github.

Reactions: AlexKarimov

AlexKarimov

Oct 13, 2019
I flashed with instructions from Sony-Open-Devices guide (link in the first post) - step 6 to 8.

So I did things a little differently but it's the same way I always flash .img(if not through TWRP). I have ADB and fastboot in the same folder so I open a command prompt as administrator and navigate to \adb and connect device in fastboot mode.

With device in fastboot mode and required images in adb folder:

fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot reboot

In my experience, those are the only images necessary to flash but I always flash new fw after a clean flash with Newflasher.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

Greetings.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Here are my output image files:
    Sourceforge - g8441-aosp

Through fastboot resulted in unlocked bootloader warning and black screen with no further activity.
    So the same result like on my device. Thanks for trying.
    I'm looking forward to some help on my reported issue on sonyxperiadev github.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone