AOSP browser without root (yes you read that right) 4.3

leandronb

Sep 27, 2012
Teresina
Hi. I tried to instalo this browser in my nexus 4 with stock KitKat but it didnt worked. I clicked on browserproxy apk and it says that APP was installed. In 4.3 it says that installation failed that was normal. Then I rebooted and tried to install browser and failed. What could be the problem?

cunnie84

Jun 12, 2012
stoke on trent
Is there any way this can work with 4.4 stock as I love the stock browser and really don't like chrome, just my personal preference and don't have nothing against chrome I just don't like it

chr1sny

Sep 22, 2007
Hopefully, an update for Kitkat comes out. I love the AOSP browser and this thread was a godsend for my Nexus 7 2013.

I now have a Moto X with Kitkat and this workaround doesn't appear to work :(

benjaminv

Mar 16, 2011
Moto G doesn't install the browser. The provider indtalled no problem. Any idea please?

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Hopefully, an update for Kitkat comes out. I love the AOSP browser and this thread was a godsend for my Nexus 7 2013.

I now have a Moto X with Kitkat and this workaround doesn't appear to work :(
Moto G neither.

nandcep

Aug 24, 2013
Seems KitKat has their own version of API which not compatible with AOSP Browser. I've tried AOSP Browser from SlimKat and it's work, but the incognito doesn't. Maybe it's time to move on #ChromeBrowser :D

Slymobi

Jan 29, 2011
Here
Seems KitKat has their own version of API which not compatible with AOSP Browser. I've tried AOSP Browser from SlimKat and it's work, but the incognito doesn't. Maybe it's time to move on #ChromeBrowser :D
Habit browser (try it )

★NeXuS☆4★Stock☆4.4★Semaphore☆ART★Blazing Fast☆

Reactions: nandcep

JasW

May 14, 2013
No longer working for me on my Nexus 10 after upgrading to 4.4 either. Sigh. I freaking loved that browser. (I liked having Flash, too -- why am I feeling a little victimized by 4.4, which has offered me nothing earthshaking on my N10?)

igotgame

Jun 10, 2008
No longer working for me on my Nexus 10 after upgrading to 4.4 either. Sigh. I freaking loved that browser. (I liked having Flash, too -- why am I feeling a little victimized by 4.4, which has offered me nothing earthshaking on my N10?)
I hid the 4.4 update on my N10. I don't want to lose my AOSP browser.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

JasW

May 14, 2013
I hid the 4.4 update on my N10. I don't want to lose my AOSP browser.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah, that's what you have to do. I'm back to Firefox (without Flash). Worse things have happened to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

SirRobin78

Nov 15, 2010
Tried the installation several times on my xperia Z1. Browser can´t be installed, parsing error. What i think is that there is something missing in the framework?