• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

{AOSP}{Custom Gingerbread}OMFGB 1.3.0 Nightlies

Search This thread

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
My issue is why when I flash a newer nightly I have to reflash my gapps? I wipe my cache and dalvik but that shouldn't remove gapps should it?
Gapps get installed to /system/app and when you flash a nightly, it formats and rewrites the /system partition. So you will need to flash gapps whenever you flash any ROM unless they have been included but that is unlikely since google frowns upon that.

My issue is why when I flash a newer nightly I have to reflash my gapps? I wipe my cache and dalvik but that shouldn't remove gapps should it?

I think it depends on how the backuptool.sh script is written. Before the June 8th build of Jaybob's GB, there was the same issue. Aosp/cm7 you were able to just flash over as well, but there hasn't been an update in a while. I'll take an extra gapps flash for a good Rom though.

Sent from my HERO JB

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
I think it depends on how the backuptool.sh script is written. Before the June 8th build of Jaybob's GB, there was the same issue. Aosp/cm7 you were able to just flash over as well, but there hasn't been an update in a while. I'll take an extra gapps flash for a good Rom though.
Good call on backuptool.sh being able to backup and restore gapps. Often the script isn't set up for the custom ROM it's included in so it gets skipped but it could be modified to work.

chalan30

Nov 15, 2009
AUSTIN, TX
Any tips on speeding up loading the home screen on this rom using launcherpro? Even with keep home screen in memory checked, it still takes a while to load the shortcuts.

This worked for me on JB's ROM, i couldnt install the correct version of busy box on OMFGB but it should work on this rom as well. Unless the issue is that it is incompatible with android 2.3.5... idk about that though.

Last edited:

gobi42

Jul 22, 2009
I ran the 7/31 nightly and it was really laggy not sure why went back to 7/28 and no lag and battery life went back to normal anyone else have this issue

Sent from my Hero using XDA App

Nilxchaos

Aug 6, 2010
Just to let everyone know, Netflix still does not work for our device.

Good ROM overall, could use some more of the CyanogenMod settings, like Silent Mode and Screen Timeout, but still very good.

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
I love this rom. It's speedy as **** and very responsive. The only issue I'm having is getting Sprint VVM to work. I've installed the .48 version and the extracted titanium back up files. I've tried flashing fresh 2.1 and backing it up manually. I've also tried flashing decks gapps with VVM included and still got nothing. I'm convinced it's rom related. Does anyone have any useful advice? Please don't recommend Google voice. It ****ing sucks. I don't want my damn texts on the internet and I like using gosms.

I love this rom. It's speedy as **** and very responsive. The only issue I'm having is getting Sprint VVM to work. I've installed the .48 version and the extracted titanium back up files. I've tried flashing fresh 2.1 and backing it up manually. I've also tried flashing decks gapps with VVM included and still got nothing. I'm convinced it's rom related. Does anyone have any useful advice? Please don't recommend Google voice. It ****ing sucks. I don't want my damn texts on the internet and I like using gosms.

I know there was something that had to be added to Jaybob's Rom in order to get vvm to work. I think he got help from deck and somebody else (I think).
I use GV because of all the issues that happened in March with vvm on custom gingerbread roms. I don't have a text issue. I don't get texts about voicemails either. I never ported my number or have it set up to send me texts. Some people seem to like youmail. Did you update ro the latest using a sense Rom and then TB the newest version?

Sent from my HERO JBGB

anthony_s

Nov 21, 2010
New York
I dunno if you tried the Voicemail apk from the Deck Gapps. I pulled the apk from the zip file and installed it normally. No flashing back to Sense to configure, no backing up data and reinstalling. It's been running flawlessly for me for months on aospCMod. Here it is if you wanna give it a shot. Hopefully it works on this ROM too. It'll only take you a few minutes to find out.

http://db.tt/8zY9dEI

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Reactions: douglink

abadasstanker69

Mar 24, 2009
Phoenix, Az
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 7T
Op
I dunno if you tried the Voicemail apk from the Deck Gapps. I pulled the apk from the zip file and installed it normally. No flashing back to Sense to configure, no backing up data and reinstalling. It's been running flawlessly for me for months on aospCMod. Here it is if you wanna give it a shot. Hopefully it works on this ROM too. It'll only take you a few minutes to find out.

http://db.tt/8zY9dEI

Sent from my HERO200 using XDA App

Thanks man but that was a no go 2. It is the newsiest version from what I can tell but I'm getting the same error message "there was a problem setting up your voicemail" blah blah blah. Still stuck. :-/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

Presents...

OMFGB 1.3.0 Nightlies

*Feature list and screenshots are subject to change at any time. They also may not exactly reflect what you see in rom, due to different device features.

[DISCLAIMER: If you are flashing this you have already voided your manufacturer's warranty. If you are flashing this you realize that this is unsupported software. Your device may break as a result of flashing this unsupported software. t3hh4xx0r team is not responsible for anything that might happen to your phone or you as a result of flashing this software. That includes but is not limited to bricked phones, world war, your alarm not waking you up and as a result you getting fired, or orgasms. That said, thank you for trying it.]

Some Features of this ROM
    Android 2.3.4 Base
    Builds available for HTC Incredible, Droid Eris, Evo, Thunderbolt, Droid 1, and Hero
    Future builds planned for Droid Charge and Samsung Fascinate

Configurable Power Widgets (cm)
    3 choices of Lockscreen mods - Standard Tab, Rotary, and Honeycomb concept
    Reboot menu including recovery and bootloader options (cm)
    Lockscreen shortcuts for Phone and Messaging apps
    2 choices in battery types, stock or percentages
    Volume wake and menu unlock (cm)
    Configurable overscroll effect (cm)
    Screen off and on animations (cm)
    Volume button music controls (cm)
    Lockscreen music controls
    Configurable launcher screen settings
    Workspace looping in launcher
    Scrollable widgets support in launcher
    Landscape mode available in launcher
    DSP Manager (cm)
    God Mode Settings app to control all this craziness
    Tmobile Theme Chooser (tmobile)
    Addons app for customizing your OMFGB build even more
    Nightlies in the God Mode app to stay on the bleeding edge
    Wallpapers by ksknightmare and sgarriques

Thanks Section
    First I want to thank RootzWiki for this awesome forum that we can share our work on. Next I would like to thank my team for putting up with me disappearing for two weeks to make this work for you guys. There are so many people I want to thank for making this possible. First biggest thanks to slayher, he did this first and has helped out with ALOT of bugs that he had to deal with when there was no one else here to help him fix them. He also helped me update this to mr2.5 General thanks go to birdman, b16, cvpcs, the whole cm team, peteralfonso, drod2169, ksknightmare, the irc guys, sgarriques, imoseyon, the users in this thread including avlfive and jaxidian and mikereDD which i've seen answer hundreds of questions. If I don't have you listed and you helped in some way, biggest thanks to you. Im old sorry.

Some Screenshots
    lock1.png
    lock2.png
    home.png
    pulldown.png
    godmode.png
    addons.png
    nightlies.png
    ksknightmarewall.png

Downloads

Nightly builds are compiled each night by our build bot. Follow it on twitter for up to date info on all builds. @OMFBOT

1.3.0 Nightlies can be found here

If not your wanting to try the nightlies, download the older 1.2.0 build from t3hh4xx0r.com

GAPPS - GAPPS

GAPPS (lithid) with new gtalk - lithid GAPPS

All sources are at OMFGB's github page --- www.github.com/OMFGB

t3hh4xx0r team consists of:
    - r2DoesInc - - linuxmotion - - xoomdev - - davidjr621 - - SteveLogik -
    - Willis420 -

Please visit t3hh4xx0r.com for more information
    I'll look into mms issues

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium App
    Thanks to jaybob, it should be fixed in tonight's build :)

I asked jaybob to look into it. If I could get logcats, and more information, mms fails on wifi and 3g, only on wifi, etc, it would help us a lot.

The mms download issue is due to errors in PduParser. This has been an issue previously due to differences in Sprint handling. This can be resolved by updating the file to the latest CM version of PduParser.java (in frameworks/base/core/java/com/google/android/mms/pdu). After an update to the CM version as of 16MAY, mms downloads were working again in a test build.
    doesnt stand for anything :p