AOSP GingerBread!! Dream v0.2

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
Hey XDA, this is my first rom its just a basic compile of AOSP, very slow and buggy at this stage i'm afraid, but figured you guys would want to see it in the flesh and hopefully i will be making it run alot quicker in the near future.

To install:
1) Wipe / Data / Cache
2) flash Pryon_Gingerbread.zip
3) flash 2708 kernel found here: http://droidbasement.com/g1/kernels/ram/2635/18/boot-cm_2635.9_ds_32b-oc-uv-xtra-ram-fp-121510.zip
4) Boot Gingerbread.

v.03 COMING SOON

12/21/2010 v.02
LINK :: http://www.4shared.com/file/HCuuugqE/pryon_gingerbread_v02.html

12/19/2010 (first release) v.01

:: Change log:: v.02
Added Gapps that doesn't crash rom
Added Busybox and Toolbox
Google Sync should be working now
Added Facebook
Slightly faster but still very buggy and not a daily rom.
WiFi Fixed also should work with mytouch now.

Attachments

Last edited:

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
Working on WiFi now, bug reports would be good, although there's to many to count :)

2.2 AOSP seemed a whole lot faster then 2.3 but this is just a start and also this is the first time i have cooked a rom worth releasing so be patient please :) speed takes time + I'm new to all this :p

aliwaqas

May 25, 2010
Islamabad
Can you please post some screen shots? and btw, have you fixed wi-fi in this build or are you planning on a ver .2 ? And yes, can I please have a list of what's actually working? I know its all too much to ask for but I guess these questions will help understand this AOSP for G1 more.

Thanks in advance

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
oh cheers ezterry, syncing now i think i'm pretty close to camera built on my compile but I've always had trouble with the camera stub := false cammands.

Dukenukemx

Jul 24, 2008
Jersey
Photos and benchmarks would be nice. I'm a flash-o-holic as it is, but I wanna start using my phone. Seems like every week I'm switching to another rom. So I'm sticking to what I got.

bluizzo

Jan 22, 2010
Corona
Photos and benchmarks would be nice. I'm a flash-o-holic as it is, but I wanna start using my phone. Seems like every week I'm switching to another rom. So I'm sticking to what I got.
Um dunno if you read the whole post, but bro said this ain't fast and is buggy, and to top it off he said he's new to this. Soo it can't really be a daily driver. I'm using that CM6 gingerbread mock up, which I like and its been fine for days on end, don't do much on it but I have the new radio w/ 15 or 14 ram hack, firerats aio-script, and new market, don't use data but use wifi, and I almost have half battery by the end of the day and that's about a good ten hours for me. Dunno what's good for you, but I recommend. But really use common sense and read the op. You can keep up on the progress or support the cause and help out and give a bug report
Sent from my HTC Dream

Dominating

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
Sorry guys had a real busy day yesterday didn't get much done but before i head out christmas shopping i'll try and get the next release fixed wifi and hopefully some gapps will be included.