AOSP Quack GSI

Search This thread

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
PHH aosp gsi confirmed to boot on BOLD-N1.

Need to be fully stock
--boot
--vendor
--recovery

Restoring device to factory condition , see this thread

Download PHH-AOSP 10
Download will be a compressed file *.gz , ectract the *.img file from inside
Code:
fastboot flash system **extracted-GSI.IMG**
fastboot oem reboot recovery

Perform factory reset inside stock recovery.
my tests trying to complete these steps with twrp all end with unknown imei.

V203 boots with only found issue is the fingerprint sensor Not working. For me i feel mtk devices are not secure anyway, the fingerprint sensor is more of a gimmick, so if it is not working, i do not care.

Current version v215 tested by and boots fine.

https://github.com/phhusson/treble_experimentations/releases

Last edited:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Things to consider

WHAT WORKS:
audio -music and speaker phone
camera-front and back (yes pop-up camera works)
video-camera front and back
video playback --(tested youtube in browser) - recorded video playback
Phone calls
brightness
wifi tethering
mtp
flashlight
lift to wake (needed to turn off then on to activate it)
adaptive brightness
dark theme
gps

WHAT DOESN'T:

--Fingerprint
--phone works/ but dialer app has message that device is unsupported
--off-mode charging -- when charging with phone off, bootloader logo screen stays on, instead of battery icon
--screen recording-- after enable dev option // feature flag // settings_screenrecord_long_press .. you can access
screen record from long press power menu, long press screenshot menu, but recording will not save or stop
recording.-- setting option to on does not survive reboot
-- screen shot -- taking screen shot forces a bug report creation. (maybe this is not an issue, only a setting)

Last edited:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
So I actually have to go back to stock since I'm running magisk? Is that why when I try flashboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img it comes back as unknown file/directory?

our device does not have VBmeta

the directions that say flash VBMETA, say use the stock meta file from stock firmware. so because that file is not used here, this is why you get the error message, ......

actually from your command you did not tell fastboot the location of the file you are trying to flash Unless you have a file called "vbmeta.img" in the current command terminal location. But again back to my original statement, our device does not have this file, so IF you do have the file, it is from other device anyway.

Reactions: Sergeantslaughter
Mar 31, 2019
Middletown
I guess I see how to flash the gsi but how do I get twrp installed?

only one permission file needed to be added. This is also expected to be included in the next release anyway.

Need to be fully stock
--boot
--vendor
--recovery

fastboot flash system **GSI.IMG**

perform factory reset inside stock recovery.

tested version was AOSP 10.0 v201

V203 boots without having to add the extra permission XML file.

Current version v204 not tested yet.

additional step to get version lower than v203 to boot

Download the additional permission file from
https://github.com/phhusson/device_...0.0/privapp-permissions-me.phh.treble.app.xml

While system is on boot animation screen. (this is as far as it will go on its own)

After the adb push, for me at least, the phone starts to continue its boot operation. Still do the reboot anyway.
So I haven't been able to find a twrp.img file for bold n1. Sorry if I sound stupid but this is my first time doing this. I had root with magisk and something screwed it up, and my phone was reading SIM cards. I uninstalled magisk and am back stock with an unlocked bootloader ...can you possibly walk me through installing twrp and flashing the Android 10 files? I would be so appreciative!

Last edited:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I guess I see how to flash the gsi but how do I get twrp installed?

So I haven't been able to find a twrp.img file for bold n1. Sorry if I sound stupid but this is my first time doing this. I had root with magisk and something screwed it up, and my phone was reading SIM cards. I uninstalled magisk and am back stock with an unlocked bootloader ...can you possibly walk me through installing twrp and flashing the Android 10 files? I would be so appreciative!

I have not been using twrp with GSI, but if you want to try goto twrp thread. Note that the twrp is currently only working with adb command line interface. No touch screen activity.

start by looking at the threads here. You will find twrp thread there.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
So I've got Android 10 up and running...so can I just go ahead and root with magisk? Or will that mess up what I just did?

aosp has root built in. If you prefer majisk, you need to first remove the included -su, and then need to use PHH-Majisk, not standard version.
Information on that should be found in gsi thread. It is not device specific.

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019
Middletown
ok so i had 10 working without twrp.....went to flash twrp...flash success....reboot to recovery...screen went black and CAN NOT get the device to power back on.....no vibrate no power no nada......wtf do i do?!?!?!

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
ok so i had 10 working without twrp.....went to flash twrp...flash success....reboot to recovery...screen went black and CAN NOT get the device to power back on.....no vibrate no power no nada......wtf do i do?!?!?!

you do know the screen in twrp has long delay before turns on. Do you have adb access to device?

if twrp is dead to adb, then
not sure why it would do that. but , i would first flash stock recovery with spflash tool

Mar 31, 2019
Middletown
you do know the screen in twrp has long delay before turns on. Do you have adb access to device?

if twrp is dead to adb, then
not sure why it would do that. but , i would first flash stock recovery with spflash tool

everything is dead....phone no power or vibration while pushing buttons...no reaction when charging....adb says no device....fastboot the same

ive tried spflash tool but since computer isnt even detecting device, no luck.......im so upset. i just bought this phone.....the only kind of life i get is when plugging into windows laptop the connected "doop" sound for connected and then about 5 seconds later the same sound for disconnect.....repetitively and its driving me crazy

when trying to install the vcon drivers for spflash as the log is running says finish because its not detecting, but then says detected and drivers are newer what is trying to be installed...then not detected again

any advice? any chance at saving my phone??

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
everything is dead....phone no power or vibration while pushing buttons...no reaction when charging....adb says no device....fastboot the same

ive tried spflash tool but since computer isnt even detecting device, no luck.......im so upset. i just bought this phone.....the only kind of life i get is when plugging into windows laptop the connected "doop" sound for connected and then about 5 seconds later the same sound for disconnect.....repetitively and its driving me crazy

when trying to install the vcon drivers for spflash as the log is running says finish because its not detecting, but then says detected and drivers are newer what is trying to be installed...then not detected again

That repeating sound is sign of bootloop.

Spflash tool is the recommended repair tool.

Download the factory restore package,
Extract the downloaded file.
Open flashtool, select scatter file from the extracted download. Ensure tool is on "download only" mode
Clear all select boxes in the tool window. Put check only in the recovery line.
Press download button, plug USB into phone. The bootloop in the phone is enough to make connection start.

What twrp did you use, where did it come from. Did you verify md5 of the downloaded file.

The only twrp I found was the one I shared, and it did not cause that kind of issue for me. So maybe you did something that you didn't mention?

Last edited:
Mar 31, 2019
Middletown
I think I found the culprit... I download a file called "twrp" that actually turned out to be orangefoxrecovery... So I'm pretty positive that that's what caused it... Also, I've got a green check mark that says download OK.... Yellow bar at bottom of screen says recovery download flash 100%... What is my next step sir...?

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

By the way I just wanna say you're awesome and thank you so much for your help!, this is my first time trying to do all this and I'm grateful to have someone so knowledgeable to save my a$$! Thanks man!

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I think I found the culprit... I download a file called "twrp" that actually turned out to be orangefoxrecovery... So I'm pretty positive that that's what caused it... Also, I've got a green check mark that says download OK.... Yellow bar at bottom of screen says recovery download flash 100%... What is my next step sir...?

---------- Post added at 05:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 AM ----------

By the way I just wanna say you're awesome and thank you so much for your help!, this is my first time trying to do all this and I'm grateful to have someone so knowledgeable to save my a$$! Thanks man!

Oh, last step is unplug USB. Then long press power button.
10 second should do. But maybe 20

Same happened to me, ended up fixing issue by using spflah tool (latest) and updated stock rom (mrmazak posted it) ?

Last edited:

fafanakatr

Oct 23, 2019

Need to be fully stock
--boot
--vendor
--recovery

Restoring device to factory condition , see this thread

Download PHH-AOSP 10
Download will be a compressed file *.gz , ectract the *.img file from inside
Code:
fastboot flash system **extracted-GSI.IMG**

Perform factory reset inside stock recovery.

V203 boots with only found issue is the fingerprint sensor Not working. For me i feel mtk devices are not secure anyway, the fingerprint sensor is more of a gimmick, so if it is not working, i do not care.

Current version v204 not tested by me yet.

Do not tell me in v 203 which version to download? I tried several but all to no avail

Mar 31, 2019
Middletown
elephone p8000

any insight as to why every computer i plug my bold n1 into it shows up as a elephone p8000?
and on that note, say i found a working twrp for the elephone p8000 would that be possible?

i lost my root and android 10 due to bootloop. i used spflash to restore stock pie firmware. but now no matter what method or gsi or rom i try to flash my phone just will not accept it. The flashing is always successful, but upon reboot, i get a yellow/green screen flash followed by boot anim boot loop? any idea what would be causing this? i cant for the life of me figure out why my phone wont accept any system imgs i try to flash..

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
any insight as to why every computer i plug my bold n1 into it shows up as a elephone p8000?
and on that note, say i found a working twrp for the elephone p8000 would that be possible?

i lost my root and android 10 due to bootloop. i used spflash to restore stock pie firmware. but now no matter what method or gsi or rom i try to flash my phone just will not accept it. The flashing is always successful, but upon reboot, i get a yellow/green screen flash followed by boot anim boot loop? any idea what would be causing this? i cant for the life of me figure out why my phone wont accept any system imgs i try to flash..

Elephone p8000 is at least 3 years old. And would not think twrp from it will work on your bold n1.

As for why your PC shows your bold n1 as different phone, I can only guess that your PC drivers are somehow modified.
Or your phone is maybe not stock?