#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is a build of Android JellyBean 4.2 from AOSP source code based on the CyanogenMod device tree for Samsung Galaxy S I9000. I have made this build to gauge how difficult it would be to port JellyBean 4.2 to current devices. In its current state, I consider this stable enough for daily use.
Kernel Source Code: https://github.com/pawitp/android_kernel_samsung_aries/tree/jellybean-next
Other source code: See CM GitHub/Gerrit
Almost everything you can think of, RIL, Data, Wifi, Camera, Audio, GPS, TV-Out, etc. See the known issue list below for list of things that do not work.
Google Apps: http://goo.im/gapps
SuperSU: http://download.chainfire.eu/282/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.98.zip (only needed for 20121122 or below)
Note: this ROM uses the same partition layout as CM10 stable.
- Do a Nandroid Backup!
- Install the ROM using ClockworkMod Recovery
- Optionally install the Google Addon (install it everytime you install the ROM as there is no backup system right now)
- Optionally install SuperSU (only needed for 20121122 or below)
Features that are a part of CyanogenMod not AOSP
and thus won't be available in this ROM
- T9 Dialer
- Reboot Menu
- Theme Engine
- Fixed: Broken SIM PIN Layout
- Fixed: Bluetooth input devices not working
- Fixed: No deepsleep with bluetooth on
- Fixed: no direction arrow in Google Maps
- Hopefully fixed: Wifi not working for some users (again)
- Enable KSM
- Fixed: Wifi not working for some users
- Reverted Wi-Fi changes in 20121130
- Fixed: Sim Toolkit (STK) does not work
- Fixed: Live Wallpaper does not work
- Superuser now included
- Overall improved external SD card support
- Fixed: Unable to mount external SD on PC
- Fixed: Exchange not working
- Fixed: CWM does not work in "dup" format
- Fixed: Pressing home when screen is off but not locked exits current application
- Fixed: Settings -> Storage displays "Available" instead of actual available amount
- Fixed: adb shell does not work in recovery
- Fixed: Settings -> Storage FC
- Fixed: APN not working for some users (toggle airplane mode as a workaround)
- Fixed: No Email/Exchange app
- Fixed: Camera crashes if the preview is touched while recording video
- Fixed: Daydream clock setting crashes
- Initial release
You are allowed to report bugs only in this thread. Note that this is a preview release and non-device specific bugs will not be accepted. The development of this preview will also cease once enough progress has been made in CyanogenMod. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.
- Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
- If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
CyanogenMod and all previous contributors and maintainers of the device.