[AOSP][Treble][G95*F/FD] hadesTreble [03.09.2019]

Search This thread

Rogerdat914

Mar 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S8
did you tried to install on 950N? some 950F ROMs can be used on 950N also.
so treblizing may work on 950N too, altough it isnt reliable.
you will experience wifi bugs. you need to backup stock /vendor/etc/wifi and restore it after GSI or ROM installation.
look for files contaning `ccode=kr` and restore them only.
Im using a SM-G950N model. I can't get the vendor partition. Can you tell me a way to trebalze please. The treble flashable file that is for G950F doesn't work on this. I tried flashing several times it's gives a error saying unsupported device on TWRP.

wb1016

Oct 23, 2019
Lenovo P11
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Im using a SM-G950N model. I can't get the vendor partition. Can you tell me a way to trebalze please. The treble flashable file that is for G950F doesn't work on this. I tried flashing several times it's gives a error saying unsupported device on TWRP.
you need to edit updater-script in zip file to force-install. by the way, proceed with your own risk.

Rogerdat914

Mar 1, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S8
Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Some personal thoughts:
- you should read everything from top to bottom of this first page at least - i won't offer support for any issues that were already mentioned;
- press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
- feel free to send me some coffee (which btw, runs out pretty quick), via paypal, if you want to support my work;
- if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.

Initial notes:
ONLY G950F / G950FD / G955F / G955FD / N950F / N950FD VARIANTS ARE SUPPORTED.
1. Don't forget to check bugs before any kind of questions
2. Since most of the GSIs are AOSP, forget about VoLTE, Knox features, Samsung apps, spen features, Camera mods or features, Iris or other Samsung related features.
3. The GCam we use in OneUI also doesn't work, i know, don't spam with "fix pls".
4. On Note 8 only one camera works, i want and i would like to fix that too, but i can't promise anything.
5. You can use any non-treble rom even if you have treble vendor installed, as long as you flash a non-treble kernel. The rom will ignore your vendor and everything will be as non treble.
* To go back to treble just flash vendor/treble kernel and the desired GSI.
* For the cases when you flashed back official twrp or reverted to normal - follow again all the "how to" steps, from below.
6. Not many kernels support treble now, don't try to flash/boot with others unless they specifically mention the kernel supports treble or you will drastically fail.
If any kernel dev wants to support this project feel free to reach me to provide some critical (ramdisk) patches.

General features:
- based on G965FXXU5CSGD August release
- Note8 files from N950FXXS7DSH1 - August release
- S8(+) files from G95*FXXS5DSH5 - August release
- Aroma vendor zip with selection of some things
- latest hadesKernel included with most of the features of OneUI kernel + other patches
- misc things enabled in framework overlay for better experience
- will update when i will remember

What works:
- everything else that's not listed under the bugs

General bugs:
- no signal bars shown (signal is fine tho) starting with mid-august builds signal bars are working
- fingerprint gestures
- touchscreen dies after a while with AOD/Ambient display always on (fixable with spamming power button 2-3 times)

How to convert to treble layout:
! make sure you are on latest official TWRP for your device (links in #2 post)

1) Download a PIE GSI from here, use ARM64, A only
2) Put GSI in internal storage
3) Reboot to recovery
4) Flash treble-convert zip
5) Reboot recovery
6) Flash downloaded GSI as image-system image
7) Reboot recovery
8) Flash treble-pie-vendor zip
9) Optional flash Magisk > 19.3

How to revert treble layout:
1) Reboot to recovery
2) Flash treble-revert zip
3) Reboot recovery
4) Wipe CACHE in twrp wipe menu
5) Flash any non treble rom or restore your previous twrp backup

Credits

@ananjaser1211
@prashantp01
@Noxxxious
@SuperR.
@jesec
@dron985
@phhusson
@ivanmeler
testers & donors
*please pm me if i forgot someone

XDA:DevDB Information
Project hadesTreble, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
corsicanu
Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895/tree/treble

Version Information
Beta
Current Beta Version: v0.4
Beta Release Date: 2019-09-03

Created 2019-07-31
Last Updated 2019-09-19
Can you please make for SM-G950N PLEASE..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Disclaimer

I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.

Some personal thoughts:
    - you should read everything from top to bottom of this first page at least - i won't offer support for any issues that were already mentioned;
    - press 'Thanks' button instead of saying it - it will keep the thread clean and keep me motivated to do more;
    - feel free to send me some coffee (which btw, runs out pretty quick), via paypal, if you want to support my work;
    - if you take any of my work without my permission i'll report you, and you'll probably get banned.

Initial notes:
    ONLY G950F / G950FD / G955F / G955FD / N950F / N950FD VARIANTS ARE SUPPORTED.
    1. Don't forget to check bugs before any kind of questions
    2. Since most of the GSIs are AOSP, forget about VoLTE, Knox features, Samsung apps, spen features, Camera mods or features, Iris or other Samsung related features.
    3. The GCam we use in OneUI also doesn't work, i know, don't spam with "fix pls".
    4. On Note 8 only one camera works, i want and i would like to fix that too, but i can't promise anything.
    5. You can use any non-treble rom even if you have treble vendor installed, as long as you flash a non-treble kernel. The rom will ignore your vendor and everything will be as non treble.
    * To go back to treble just flash vendor/treble kernel and the desired GSI.
    * For the cases when you flashed back official twrp or reverted to normal - follow again all the "how to" steps, from below.
    6. Not many kernels support treble now, don't try to flash/boot with others unless they specifically mention the kernel supports treble or you will drastically fail.
    If any kernel dev wants to support this project feel free to reach me to provide some critical (ramdisk) patches.

General features:
    - based on G965FXXU5CSGD August release
    - Note8 files from N950FXXS7DSH1 - August release
    - S8(+) files from G95*FXXS5DSH5 - August release
    - Aroma vendor zip with selection of some things
    - latest hadesKernel included with most of the features of OneUI kernel + other patches
    - misc things enabled in framework overlay for better experience
    - will update when i will remember

What works:
    - everything else that's not listed under the bugs

General bugs:
    - no signal bars shown (signal is fine tho) starting with mid-august builds signal bars are working
    - fingerprint gestures
    - touchscreen dies after a while with AOD/Ambient display always on (fixable with spamming power button 2-3 times)

How to convert to treble layout:
    ! make sure you are on latest official TWRP for your device (links in #2 post)

1) Download a PIE GSI from here, use ARM64, A only
    2) Put GSI in internal storage
    3) Reboot to recovery
    4) Flash treble-convert zip
    5) Reboot recovery
    6) Flash downloaded GSI as image-system image
    7) Reboot recovery
    8) Flash treble-pie-vendor zip
    9) Optional flash Magisk > 19.3

How to revert treble layout:
    1) Reboot to recovery
    2) Flash treble-revert zip
    3) Reboot recovery
    4) Wipe CACHE in twrp wipe menu
    5) Flash any non treble rom or restore your previous twrp backup

Credits
    @ananjaser1211
    @prashantp01
    @Noxxxious
    @SuperR.
    @jesec
    @dron985
    @phhusson
    @ivanmeler
    testers & donors
    *please pm me if i forgot someone

XDA:DevDB Information
    Project hadesTreble, Tool/Utility for the Samsung Galaxy S8

Contributors
    corsicanu
    Source Code: https://github.com/corsicanu/android_kernel_samsung_universal8895/tree/treble

Version Information
    Current Beta Version: v0.4
    Beta Release Date: 2019-09-03

Created 2019-07-31
    Last Updated 2019-09-19
    Reserved

You can find GSIs here , use ARM64, A only

Working GSIs and their bugs:
    - phh AOSP - bootable, only general bugs
    - phh Resurrection Remix - bootable, only general bugs
    - EnesSastim AospExtended - bootable, only general bugs
    - EnesSastim Pixel Experience Plus - bootable, only general bugs
    - EnesSastim HavocOS - bootable, only general bugs
    - peaktogoo Evolution X - bootable, only general bugs
    - parags Evolution X - bootable, only general bugs
    - ExpressLuke Evolution X - bootable, only general bugs (ril and brightness fixed)
    - ExpressLuke HavocOS - bootable, only general bugs
    - Vince31fr HavocOS 11.08.2019 - bootable, gapps needed, only general bugs
    - ErfanGSI DirtyUnicorns - bootable, general bugs + advanced settings FC, stock cam crash, no account can be added
    - Yey59 nitrOS - bootable, general bugs + stock camera crashing
    - NFound DotOS (2019-04-09) - bootable, only general bugs
    - Technical Bootleggers (2019-06-07) - bootable, only general bugs
    - ErfanGSI MIUI Pie (2019-05-29) - bootable, brightness + general bugs + #miuifix
    - king1990 Bliss (2019-04-05) - bootable, brightness + general bugs
    - sixohtew OmniROM (2019-07-15) - bootable + general bugs
    - Dil3mm4 Descendant (2019-07-10) - bootable + general bugs
    - ErfanGSI Pixel Q beta 5 - bootable, general bugs + wifi (setup fails too because of this), fingerprint, storage, brightness slider, sdcard, low sound, bluetooth calls
    - OxygenOS-Aonly-9-20190826-ErfanGSI - bootable after deleting "overlay" folder from /vendor, gms update needed, ril works, bugs: brightness, bt audio, face unlock, smart lock
    - MIUI-9-20190831, bootable, general bugs + PlayStore and GMS update needed, BT don't pair, MI account, possible 2-3 reboots,

Not working GSIs and their bugs:
    - ErfanGSI FlymeOs (2019-07-02) - not booting, black screen after bootsplash
    - ErfanGSI ColorOS (2019-06-05) - not booting, infinity reboots at bootsplash
    - ErfanGSI OxygenOS (2019-07-01) - not booting, infinity reboots at bootsplash
    - ErfanGSI OxygenOS (2019-06-02/06) - not booting, stays at bootanimation
    - ErfanGSI POSP (2019-05-30) - not booting, infinity reboots at bootsplash
    - ErfanGSI Nubia (2019-06-05) - not booting, stays on bootanimation
    - OnePlus7Pro5G (2019-07-06) - not booting, stays on bootanimation
    - MacTavish ColorOS (2019-03-23) - not booting, stays on bootanimation
    - ErfanGSI ZUI (2019-06-17) - bootable(?), black screen
    - ErfanGSI OxygenOS Q (2019-07-29) - bootable(?), SystemUI crashes
    - MIMAX3Global (20190802) Pie - booting, reboots every 3sec
    - OnePlus7Hydrogen (20190725) - booting, SysUi crashing every 3sec
    - OnePlus6THydrogen (20190807) - not booting
    - OxygenOS 10 (20190808) Erfan - booting, black screen

Others might work too, test and report and i will update the list.

I strongly recommend using PIE built from source gsis, oem ported images might not boot at all or be filled with other bugs, i won't care of those, remember you are on Samsung, Exynos, on a ported vendor, if you want real/better treble, move to any other device/soc.

As for Q, ErfanGSI Pixel Q beta 5, but it has tons of unfixable bugs right now, flash at your own risk or wait for Q source to drop in order to become patch'able.

Special thanks for testing and contributing on updating the list to @ZcoderDEV, @AndrzejDwo, Pócs Márk, Shayan, @snikerfreak @Soydere and many other users, this place is too small to mention everyone.
    FAQ (for later)
    v0.3 is up :D
    Special thanks goes to @remilia15 @Dyneteve and @ananjaser1211 for their help in fixing some of the issues.

Changelog:
    • fixed most of the lags
    • fixed high brightness issues
    • added option to increase overall volumes
    • added option to select number of sim slots
    • lowered vibration feedback thanks to
    • killed "contact manufacturer" notification in some gsis
    How to install:
    • if you are already on a GSI and have previous versions of vendor flashed, flash only vendor as a normal zip, (optional - flash Magisk > 19.3)
    • coming from any other setup - check first post install instructions.
    Download:
    Misc links
    Personal notes:
    • If you are new here, make sure you read everything from first page before messing with your phone.
    • Make sure you backup everything before flashing, things might not work as expected.
    • Sim option in Aroma was added for those few GSIs that don't like duos devices being used with a single sim inserted (MIUI, Havoc etc.).
      I advise you to force single/dual sim usage only if you have issues with RIL with autodetection on.
    Regards!