[AOSPA 4.2.1] PARANOIDANDROID 2.99 betaNINE.9+ (Jan 14)

Search This thread

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
If anyone gets bored of waiting here and wants to try something else in the meantime, the CarbonROM for Note2 has 4.2.2, per-app DPI and layout etc. (via Xposed), Pie and all the other bells and whistles (battery bar, battery %, centre clock etc.) . Running very stable for me for the last few days, may be worth a shot while you're waiting for this one...

Only thing with the carbon rom is that it will not go into tablet ui. I actually have been running the latest rootbox rom and it is quite nice. I wish it more along the lines had pa cooked in as well, bu tthe xposed settings do the job. the newest pacman rom is also running pretty nice though. There are just a couple of things that I'm not happy with.

mani0608

Jul 2, 2011
Only thing with the carbon rom is that it will not go into tablet ui. I actually have been running the latest rootbox rom and it is quite nice. I wish it more along the lines had pa cooked in as well, bu tthe xposed settings do the job. the newest pacman rom is also running pretty nice though. There are just a couple of things that I'm not happy with.

You can even try the PAC man rom from the same developer 'vertigo'. The latest version is awesome :)

rickgillyon

Jun 13, 2006
Whitley Bay
Only thing with the carbon rom is that it will not go into tablet ui.
You mean notifications/tiles at separate sides? Can set screen mode on apps so they go into tablet mode, but the only thing I missed is the status bar tablet mode. Not a biggie though... Haven't tried PACMAN or Rootbox yet as Carbon seems very solid and does everything I need...

avelon

Jan 8, 2007
Trondheim
You mean notifications/tiles at separate sides? Can set screen mode on apps so they go into tablet mode, but the only thing I missed is the status bar tablet mode. Not a biggie though... Haven't tried PACMAN or Rootbox yet as Carbon seems very solid and does everything I need...

But none of these support changing the status bar to the bottom, right?

In a perfect world there would be a flawless paranoid rom with s-note. /cry

OGWisdom

Aug 5, 2009
Milwaukee-414
But none of these support changing the status bar to the bottom, right?

In a perfect world there would be a flawless paranoid rom with s-note. /cry

Yes, i have tablet ui enabled on root box, aka status bar on the bottom. And the latest rootbox is 4.2.2. Pacman ROM does it too and it is also 4.2.2

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Yea, i meant the os as a whole being put into tablet ui. I really did like carbon ROM, specially with my fav kernel dev over there. Maybe ill have to get use to phone ui again :D

Last edited:

avelon

Jan 8, 2007
Trondheim
Yes, i have tablet ui enabled on root box, aka status bar on the bottom. And the latest rootbox is 4.2.2. Pacman ROM does it too and it is also 4.2.2

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Yea, i meant the os as a whole being put into tablet ui. I really did like carbon ROM, specially with my fav kernel dev over there. Maybe ill have to get use to phone ui again :D

Do you know if it's possible to get the status bar on the bottom (with nav buttons) in carbon? :eek: Im tempted to try it out.

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
I wanna make sure im reading this correctly. The Stylus Pen will still work on this and it still responds to pressure like before in apps like ps touch and such. will it work with apps that allow for gestures for launching apps and such?

traumatism

Feb 3, 2010
OK here is the repack. It includes FixPack8 and unfortunately it does contain the redpill kernel as the default kernel seems to break autorotate.

I also slipped in PA3 boot animation to get us all pumped up for imilkas hehe.

(Nanroid backup your current rom for when all the bugs of the superdirtyhacked version come out lol)
Factory reset
Wipe internal storage
Install the superdirtyhacked.zip
install pa_gapps-full-4.2-20130209.zip
wiped cache\Dcache
reboot

After the initial setup wizard screen goes dark. Just press the home button.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B1POzhrm_mYvM1oyYkQzU2tpb3c/edit?usp=sharing

I will try this myself too see if it fixes it for me as autorotate is a feature i prefer to have

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    untitled-22pjyp.png

untitled-11cbkj.png

AOSPA for legacy devices (non-nexus) is still in progress. Consider this build as a early preview.\

INSTRUCTIONS,

1. UPDATE RECOVERY
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL ROM, GAPPS
    4. FLASH FIX: http://dev.imilka.eu/pa/telephonyfix2.zip
    5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
    6. REBOOT
    PA 2.99+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
    BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

FEATURES for 2.99,

Hybrid engine +++ Per app Layout, this will let you choose the UI of any app,--
    that means you can switch apps into their tablet layouts +++ Per app Size, scal
    e apps individually, this is especially important if you use tablet apps, go as
    small or big as you like +++ Per app Color, this lets you select statusbar and-
    navbar colors for apps individually, colors will shift when you jump from one a
    pp to another +++ Hybrid engine makes it possible to use any tablet ready app--
    available on your phone, start with your regular Google apps and see what treas
    ures lie hidden in them and just how well they work on your device. +++ You can
    use hybrid engine to use all available general interface UI's aswell: Phone, Ph
    ablet, Tablet. This is safe as milk, we don't change DPI, we don't trash your m
    arket, we don't shrink all your apps or force them into layouts, you don't need
    to edit system files for that. +++ Transparent bars and color pickers, new Syst
    emUI drawables thanks to giannisgx89 +++ Theming Engine +++ Statusbar Settings,
    Lockscreen Settings +++ Multiuser support +++ Quicksettings -> Quicktoggles +++
    4.2 Walls and sounds, Google stock apps As we merge back our old CMPA feature--
    catalogue this list will grow considerably over the coming weeks +++ New holo-s
    tyled theme chooser +++ T9 dialer +++ New papreferences app-----------------EOF

GALLERY,

mako_5iscid.png

TUTORIAL,

untitled1unbtd.jpg

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

LINKS,
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

BANNERS,

aospa_green_01xq18.png
    aospa_green_146qv9.png

aospa_yellow_0h0rxo.png
    aospa_yellow_1ukoes.png

aospa_cyan_05kpwq.png
    aospa_cyan_1bxo8t.png

aospa_gray_0ctriy.png
    aospa_gray_1kwp32.png

Eh, sorry guys, I'm very busy these days :(
    I hope I'll be able to finish compiling an update very soon.
    Yep we're working on it, some telephony changes for legacy devices in frameworks have gone with v3.0, so we need to reapply them.
    I have replied everyone interested, sorry about that.
    Now i'm going to spend my time on CM-PA since 4.2 sources are released.