[AOSPA-4.2.2][June 11,2013][BOOTLOADER 4.1 FOR NOW]ParanoidAndroid-3.6 | HALO IS HERE

Search This thread

keeganmccallum

Nov 16, 2011
Waterloo
nexus-4-flats_1bqyg7.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

Q. Which bootloader do I have?

A. Reboot device and hold volume down button while it turns on. A list of icons will appear. If you have 4 you are on 4.1 bootloader. If you only have 3, you are on 4.2 bootloader.

Jellybean 4.1 Bootloader

1. ****Important!! UPDATE RECOVERY to TWRP 2.3.3.0 or higher with -JB at the end of file
2. FACTORY RESET
3. INSTALL June 11th Build, GAPPS
4. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK CACHE
5. REBOOT
PA 3+ UPDATES DO NOT NEED A FACTORY RESET,
BUT YOU NEED TO INSTALL GAPPS ASWELL.

Jellybean 4.2 Bootloader - Thanks to f69m! See his thread here (*****Should work with TF300T(G) model, but no 3g yet. Experimental, contains bugs and relatively untested)

1. ****Important!! UPDATE RECOVERY to TWRP 2.5.0.0 or higher with -4.2 at the end of file
2. FACTORY RESET
3. INSTALL May 14 build, GAPPS
5. REBOOT

DONATIONS,

to keeganmccallum
to molesarecoming
to D4rKn3sSyS
to jaybob413
to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
heartfelt thanks to all of you!

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid

[/QUOTE]

GALLERY,

shots_12pk0x.png

Last edited:

keeganmccallum

Nov 16, 2011
Waterloo
Great news!
Is there any chance on adding TF300TG support?
Thank you for your great work.

Sent from my AOSPA Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately I only own the tf300t model and it would be beyond my skill level to setup an RIL without owning a TF300TG. it should work for your model but there would be no 3g support

Reactions: alarien

alarien

Sep 30, 2010
Kyiv
CleanROM with kernel for (G) model works fine. Maybe I could just look for the proper libs/system parts, and by adding them to this Rom and flashing (G) kernel after it may work. Just asking for opinion from the dev, how do you think, will it work that way?
Thank you.

Got the answer. It is impossible.
Thank you one more time.

Last edited:

NYCHitman1

Recognized Developer
Apr 9, 2010
New York
CleanROM with kernel for (G) model works fine. Maybe I could just look for the proper libs/system parts, and by adding them to this Rom and flashing (G) kernel after it may work. Just asking for opinion from the dev, how do you think, will it work that way?
Thank you.

Got the answer. It is impossible.
Thank you one more time.

Nope. Much more to it than just libs.

gchild320

Feb 17, 2012
Terre Haute
I'd like someone to tell me why paranoid android on a tablet... I get the reasons why you want it on a phone. Not being an ass I just don't see the light, please show me :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

pendragon11

Oct 31, 2011
I'd like someone to tell me why paranoid android on a tablet... I get the reasons why you want it on a phone. Not being an ass I just don't see the light, please show me :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I like PA simply for the level of customization available. I'm not one to theme etc, but the visual options become very attractive once you've experienced them (i was skeptical, and wrong). that being said, haven't taken this version for a whirl yet, just hopped on cm10.1. once all settles, i will likely come home to PA

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: gchild320

-angel*

Sep 10, 2012
This is not the question for me as I love the features like per-app DPI, per-App status bar, this PA colours for Navbar and so on - only thing I don't like is that I don't get many updates (especially in kernel as ROM doesn't seem to have many bugs) :(

keeganmccallum

Nov 16, 2011
Waterloo
This is not the question for me as I love the features like per-app DPI, per-App status bar, this PA colours for Navbar and so on - only thing I don't like is that I don't get many updates (especially in kernel as ROM doesn't seem to have many bugs) :(

well the lack of updates is due to the recent project that the lead developers have taken on, (AOSPA) which is closed source. once paranoid 3.0 is open source, development will be up and running in full force. and to answer the other question, yes tablet UI is available with this ROM.

-angel*

Sep 10, 2012
well the lack of updates is due to the recent project that the lead developers have taken on, (AOSPA) which is closed source. once paranoid 3.0 is open source, development will be up and running in full force. and to answer the other question, yes tablet UI is available with this ROM.

ok, thanks for the quick answer, mate!
is there smth like ETA on this PA 3.0 or is it just it'll bee when it'll be, because I'm flashaholic lol

oh and other question: possible to dirty flash this over CM10.1?

Last edited:

keeganmccallum

Nov 16, 2011
Waterloo
ok, thanks for the quick answer, mate!
is there smth like ETA on this PA 3.0 or is it just it'll bee when it'll be, because I'm flashaholic lol

oh and other question: possible to dirty flash this over CM10.1?

Dirty flash over CM10.1 is possible yes, if you have any problems just wipe, make sure to make a backup just in case! also, as I am not privy to the source as of now, I do not know how far along they are, so no eta from me sorry!

Also, new mirror is up, I got too much traffic on my dropbox account so I switched to google drive for now(hopefully goo.im approves my application soon!)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nexus-4-flats_1bqyg7.png

INSTRUCTIONS,

Q. Which bootloader do I have?

A. Reboot device and hold volume down button while it turns on. A list of icons will appear. If you have 4 you are on 4.1 bootloader. If you only have 3, you are on 4.2 bootloader.

Jellybean 4.1 Bootloader

1. ****Important!! UPDATE RECOVERY to TWRP 2.3.3.0 or higher with -JB at the end of file
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL June 11th Build, GAPPS
    5. REBOOT

Jellybean 4.2 Bootloader - Thanks to f69m! See his thread here (*****Should work with TF300T(G) model, but no 3g yet. Experimental, contains bugs and relatively untested)

1. ****Important!! UPDATE RECOVERY to TWRP 2.5.0.0 or higher with -4.2 at the end of file
    2. FACTORY RESET
    3. INSTALL May 14 build, GAPPS
    5. REBOOT

DONATIONS,

to keeganmccallum
    to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid

[/QUOTE]

GALLERY,

shots_12pk0x.png
    paranoid_changelogjmkth.png

Specific for TF300t

• What's working:
    • EVERYTHING(fingers Crossed)

• Known Issues
    • Off-centred text on halo notifications
    • If you find any additions to this list please let me know!
    If theres demand for it, i will build PA for our tab.
    Let me know peeps by hitting THANKS button :p

Tapatalked from uXYlon TF300T
    New builds soon

Hey everybody, hopefully somebody still wants this ROM after all my downtime, but I am currently building AOSPA 3.1, and it should be up tonight! also, for flashaholics, I am planning to build weekly from now on, maybe even nightly if there are crazy changes! busy season is winding down for me at work, so I have 10 months where I actually get spare time! sorry for the delay but hopefully it is worth it!
    Re: [UNOFFICIAL][AOSPA-4.2.1][BETA]ParanoidAndroid-2.99beta9r2 | Use Old Tabui on 4.2

Sorry I have been so inactive recently, I just started a new job with an accounting firm, and if anyone here knows about the public accounting business in north america.....its suuuuper busy in Jan and Feb. I will be back with much more frequent updates as soon as it cools down. In the mean time, next time I get a few hours I'm gonna port a new version over from the tf700, hopefully fix some bugs and add some new features

My apologies. I suppose I was confused by your statements on page 2 about the 4.2 elements and a bit turned off by the previous poster's attitude. I thought the 4.2 elements you spoke of in the tablet ui were the notification bar on the top and just the fact that the notification pulldown is on the left and quick settings panel on the right. sorry, but that's how I read your statements so I never gave it a second thought. Wasn't trying to fill your thread with misinformation... Thought I was passing on the information from page 2. No hard feelings?

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda premium

Lol your forgiven, I just don't want people to be misinformed about one of the best features of this ROM at least regarding out tablet: choice. I changed the title so that should help Lol. For the record I use the new ui anyways:p

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium