[AOSPA 4.4.2 KVT49L] PARANOIDANDROID 4.4+ M7 [beta1][06/04]

Search This thread

rhong

Sep 10, 2011
Is it a must to change my firmware from Sense to GE in using PA?Or will using other firmware apart from sense will optimize and produce better performance?

Thanks!

kormatoes

Apr 4, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
undergroundandroid.com
Anyone seen this
I add hardware keys with build prop mod ... Witch is fine until I reboot then I find my keys gone and this line added

Think a blocked it for now using #end 1407624455866.jpg

Isn't the ROM but can't be xposed nether as it happens when not installed ?sending me nuts haha

Huston love the compiles hands down best HTC one ROM easy

poondog

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Anyone seen this
I add hardware keys with build prop mod ... Witch is fine until I reboot then I find my keys gone and this line added

Think a blocked it for now using #end View attachment 2891153

Isn't the ROM but can't be xposed nether as it happens when not installed ?sending me nuts haha

Huston love the compiles hands down best HTC one ROM easy

Wait so you have one line saying 1 and one saying 0?
Delete one of them, because they are conflicting

Reactions: kormatoes

kormatoes

Apr 4, 2011
newcastle upon tyne
undergroundandroid.com
Haha no bro

I added qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Lmao then when am rebooting

Something is editing build.prob
Even making a build.prob.backup

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
Is being added from somewhere

Thus after reboot having the two conflict them self's

So just broke the chain by adding #..

Mental
Drove me nuts for days

poondog

Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Haha no bro

I added qemu.hw.mainkeys=0

Lmao then when am rebooting

Something is editing build.prob
Even making a build.prob.backup

qemu.hw.mainkeys=1
Is being added from somewhere

Thus after reboot having the two conflict them self's

So just broke the chain by adding #..

Mental
Drove me nuts for days

ah ok lol
What else have you flashed apart from ROM/gapps?

Anyone have a fix for the weak cell signal? Also anyone notice the device shutting off randomly?

Not having this

TheLexus

Jun 4, 2011
Just a question from a PA Newbie. I flashed 4.5 and it work good. But i miss something like modifying clock position in statusbar or quiet hours. I think i had them in a much older PA release. Does the devs has dropped these things from PA?

poondog

Dec 11, 2011
Melbourne
Just a question from a PA Newbie. I flashed 4.5 and it work good. But i miss something like modifying clock position in statusbar or quiet hours. I think i had them in a much older PA release. Does the devs has dropped these things from PA?

Yeah PA has been slimmed down a fair bit. You can use xposed for these I guess

Sinistersky

Jan 29, 2010
Right, so ever since I did an OTA update to latest version, everytime I reebot i get "Android is upgrading... 1 out of 1 apps". And it updates, and runs smoothly from there, but it's annoying as **** to see that everytime it boots, and it cuts my custom bootanimation short. Any way to find out wich app it's "upgrading" and stop this?

farukb

Jul 26, 2007
Sarajevo
Right, so ever since I did an OTA update to latest version, everytime I reebot i get "Android is upgrading... 1 out of 1 apps". And it updates, and runs smoothly from there, but it's annoying as **** to see that everytime it boots, and it cuts my custom bootanimation short. Any way to find out wich app it's "upgrading" and stop this?

have you tried wiping the cache and/or disabling the custom animation then searching for another reason?

Since the latest update, I get constant forced closes on the Calendar app. Anyone else?

I have a problem..
Whenever I open the clock app it force closes...
Any ideas?

Sent from my One using XDA Free mobile app

Anyone having FC (force close) problems should:

-1. do a full nandroid backup
0. have the system freshly flashed (first wipe the old one than flash the new one) and then complain about FC

if the problem still persists the problem is in the rom (although its most likely not because everyone would suffer from it, but we fortunately dont), if it stops force closing (or you dont have to see it for yourself to believe the rom is just fine) do one of the following steps:

1. you should at least wipe dalvik and cache...see if it works fine
2. if that doesnt cut it, do a full nandroid backup, then wipe everything and flash the whole desired (newer) build and then restore ONLY the data partition from the backup (considering the step between two used builds isnt too big eg 3 builds)...(this will preserve data so it should be safe enough)...it should work now for sure...but if it doesnt, go back to step 0.

3 (tricky version of the 2nd step). wipe system, cache and dalvik (leave data) then flash new rom system ONLY (also under same circumstances as 2a, ie builds are close enough)

(doing step -1 may be very important for you, if you know what i mean)

Also, feel free to ask to clarify if this wasnt precise enough.

Edit: I almost forgot, FCs can also happen if gapps arent compatible with the system version (e.g. using 4.4.2 gapps with 4.4.4 rom), so check that first

Last edited:
Reactions: poondog

Froschfinger

Apr 26, 2009
Berlin
www.enoversum.de
Anyone having FC (force close) problems should:

-1. do a full nandroid backup
0. have the system freshly flashed (first wipe the old one than flash the new one) and then complain about FC

if the problem still persists the problem is in the rom (although its most likely not because everyone would suffer from it, but we fortunately dont), if it stops force closing (or you dont have to see it for yourself to believe the rom is just fine) do one of the following steps:

1. you should at least wipe dalvik and cache...see if it works fine
2. if that doesnt cut it, do a full nandroid backup, then wipe everything and flash the whole desired (newer) build and then restore ONLY the data partition from the backup (considering the step between two used builds isnt too big eg 3 builds)...(this will preserve data so it should be safe enough)...it should work now for sure...but if it doesnt, go back to step 0.

3 (tricky version of the 2nd step). wipe system, cache and dalvik (leave data) then flash new rom system ONLY (also under same circumstances as 2a, ie builds are close enough)

(doing step -1 may be very important for you, if you know what i mean)

Also, feel free to ask to clarify if this wasnt precise enough.

Edit: I almost forgot, FCs can also happen if gapps arent compatible with the system version (e.g. using 4.4.2 gapps with 4.4.4 rom), so check that first

Hi farukb,

I don't know what it was, but it only keept buggin me until I restarted my phone. It didn't come back since then, so at least I am good here! Thank you for your intense help on this matter!

All the best

froschfinger

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone