[AOSPA 4.4.4 KTU84P] ParanoidAndroid 4.4+ G2 [06/28]

Search This thread

SysAdmNj

Jun 29, 2010
So I can flash pa_g2-4.0-ALPHA-20131121-d800.zip and pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131119-signed.zip and I haz kitkat?

Btw, anyone have that lg camera link to flash as well? :)

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
I clicked on data modes and selected 3g, now i cant get lte back. Anyone know what file to look for? know

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda app-developers app

Jank4AU

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 2, 2010
Alabama
OK. Cool. I was mislead by the file name.

They are working on incorporating the PA settings into the ROM, but for now it's still pretty stock vanilla.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

So I can flash pa_g2-4.0-ALPHA-20131121-d800.zip and pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131119-signed.zip and I haz kitkat?

Btw, anyone have that lg camera link to flash as well? :)

Yes

jaynkc

Mar 26, 2013
st.catharines
OK here goes trying to answer all questions at once 1- download newest build 21b 2- download p.a. gapps ( know they work) not sure about banks (yet) 3 back up your phone using twrp ( I know trap works not sure about cwm) (yet) 4- clean wipe everything 5- flash ROM then gaps or in twrp just do both at same time 6- wait a few mins and tada KitKat on d803 rataion has been fixed so no need yo check it off after install anymore ... BIG thanks to houstonn for this I know he worked hard!!!

jaynkc

Mar 26, 2013
st.catharines
Battery life is good 13 hours no need to charge if you want to know I'm getting antutu scores of 26-29 k depending on how much I have running in background had the ROM running for about 13+ hours and it's smooth no FC's all my apps work it great

Sent from my LG-G2 using xda aevelopers app

tacosrdelicioso

Mar 23, 2011
Very nice of you to diss a mans work in such way. And hes sharing it with you for free. You dont deserve better.

Mk. I meant no offense. Those are facts. Facts can compare with other facts. Who cares? If I were him, I wouldn't. Just because you might doesn't mean he would. None of us deserves anything. So what's your point exactly? Wow.

Edit: not to mention that both of these are classified as alphas. And since they are classified as such it is expected that they have issues and nobody takes offense over issues in their ALPHA build. Good day sir

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GeknGekn

Aug 25, 2009
Uppsala
Flash Instructions and FAQ.

For all the users who are suddenly from no where experiencing SELF MADE ERRORS!!!

First Install:
1. Nandroid your current rom.
2. Install TWRP Recovery.
3. Do a full WIPE except sd.
4. Flash pa_g2-4.0-ALPHA-20131121-d80X.zip and pa_gapps-full-4.4-20131119-signed.zip.
5. Reboot.

Update ROM:
1.Because this is a early release it doesn't hurt to wipe cache.
2.Flash update .zip AND GAPPS, If you don't flash gapps also you will get errors.

FAQ:
If your Google now is complaining about Google Play Services needs to be updated from playstore and can't find them.
Solution: Reboot device and it will be updated

Haven't found any other issues after heavy use for 1 day, though there are some usual LogCat errors but normal users wont notice them.

PLEASE I BEG YOU PEOPLE TO START LEARNING HOW ANDROID WORKS BEFORE DIVING IN TO THE FLASH HAZE!!!!

jaynkc

Mar 26, 2013
st.catharines
Update I have dirty flashed update ROM over old build and although its not recommended it does work but like post before with all news builds at this point clean wipe is highly recommend to save yourself issue with flashing another note is its highly recommend to have at least 50% battery when flashing just to mack sure your phone doesn't run out of power during the process

razrlover

Mar 28, 2012
Google Pixel 6
I am still shocked at the ungreatfullness of some people. This has been a great thread with mostly mature adults or mature kids. Can we keep the complaining, bashing, and questions that have been answered multiple times for somewhere else. G2 owners take pride in this community if you dont than please just dont comment at all!! Make sure u send a thank you to Hhouston for his work and donations help as well. Sorry everybody for the rant.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

ChattyMatty

Jan 9, 2012
I hope his isn't off topic...

But you've done such amazing work far on these I figure you're prolly the most knowledgeable guy out there about now and you'd be the one to ask. Historically I'm a an AOKP guy, but you've converted me to PA... but I also love my quickview case- it's so sexy slim. Needless to say, the only custom roms I have seem which have the coding to use the view window are the ones like CleanROM which are mostly stock. I came from a Skyrocket, so I skipped the S3/S4 cycle- did the AOSP/CM/AOKP/PA world ever offer them support for their view window cases like in the form a flashable or an apk or is this something buried so deeply in the stock rom that it isn't worth pulling out for the one or two wierdo's like me willing to part with $50 for a floppy piece of vinyl?

Thanks for you time, amazing work so far!

houstonn

Sep 18, 2012
Ontario
version dated 21B has updated wifi drivers in kernel also added gallery fix that was posted by a user last night ( thanks @darkobas ) also thanks to @Wootever for those binaries and wifi commit for kernel. hopefully he can working on kernel for 4.4 as i don't have much time right now.. If you find that 21B doesn't work as well for you as the previous build, flash back.. I'm off to work and will be home tonight and if i see anything else I'll try to fix as soon as i can. thanks

the gallery fix was from mentioned post here
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=47683910&postcount=536

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PA+4.4+HALO+-+ABDW.png

AOSPA 4.4+ PARANOIDANDROID
    Kitkat 4.4.4 KTU84P android-4.4.4_r1
    D800 / D801 / D802 / D803 / VS980 / LS980

Download ROMS from DOWNLOADS

make sure you are on the latest TWRP (there are issues with CWM - u may try unofficial CWM)

DOWNLOAD LATEST OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM FOR YOUR VARIANT & FLASH AFTER rom/gapps

1. DOWNLOAD YOUR ROM

2. DOWNLOAD THE LATEST PA 4.4.4 GAPPS PACKAGE - always check/use up to date Gapps unless otherwise noted

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=15797 - - RECOMMEND mini modular PA Gapps latest
    http://goo.im/devs/paranoidandroid/roms/gapps

damage screen thread - visit here - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2769770

Wipe Fresh Clean Install (you all know the procedure)

3. COMPLETE CLEAN WIPE - *includes system*

4. FLASH ROM & GAPPS

5. WIPE CACHE & DALVIK

6. RUN INITIAL SETUP & REBOOT

U MUST BE ON OFFICIAL LG KK MODEM TO BOOT

Let boot take as much time as needed. This will help avoid boot issues.

*not responsible for any damages..*

ParanoidAndroid Website
    PLEASE GO HERE FOR Q&A and let's keep this thread for development thanks..​

DONATIONS,

to molesarecoming
    to D4rKn3sSyS
    to jaybob413
    to aaronpoweruser

CREDITS,

AOSP/Google, Cyanogenmod, Goo, XDA, Krebsmilk, giannisgx89, Liquid,
    AOKP, our users, supporters and donators, everyone who's helped us in the past,
    heartfelt thanks to all of you!

Personal Thanks:
    IOMonster
    Shelnutt2
    Jank4AU
    slick_rick
    Ayysir
    xboxfanj
    autoprime
    Wootever
    rchp
    zachf714
    Dees_Troy

BANNERS,

banner_1icu5e.png

banner_2hau5x.png

banner_3y8uie.png

banner_4p0upi.png

banner_505uxa.png

LINKS,

Website & Changlelogs: https://plus.google.com/b/107979589566958860409/107979589566958860409/posts
    Github: www.github.com/paranoidandroid
    Gerrit: review.paranoid-rom.com

Please watch the 2 videos provided below before posting in this thread. thanks

New builds are building . 4.4 beta1 . you guys will be the first non nexus device with pa using 4.4 beta1 unless released unofficially by a non pa member. You need to completely do a clean flash. Last night merges were over 300 files with about 20000 lines of code , so it took me a few hours.

Also the bakedin kernel is my custom kernel with no changes in display or gpu . I've rebased it until we know exactly what the issues are. What I don't understand is why are other ROMs getting them 2 if they are on DR's kernel source. (If they are) .

I've looked at lg's complete stock comparing the variants panel dtsi files and although some are same some are different. I'll investigate more.

I truely believe that a huge main issue is that we are still using 4.2 bootloader since its the only way we can use Loki and have custom recovery . bootloaders and our bootstack plays a huge roll in all updates. Also KitKat changes to bootstack has every bit to do with display panel related stuff. That's also why we can't boot the new kernel on the 4.2 bootstack without adding the codes that jackpotcalvvin discovered to boot the new kernel. If u look at hammerhead it even comes with newer bootstack or some of it when 4.4.3 and that's only a jump from 4.4.2 .

There are a lot of play when a kernel dev does a kernel. Everything needs to align up properly. Like if a kernel dev builds off caf based and the ROM doesn't build with caf base it mostly isn't 100% compatible. Also even updating GPU drivers need the depending repos built along with proper blobs supporting them. Just like using older camera drivers in kernel requires older binary blobs.

By anyways enjoy new release and I'll look more into this.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
    I'm here, I'm back :) just catching up on some things. Haven't touched a PC in 4 months feels all new lol... I'll do a proper post to come