• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APK][4.1+][Official Beta] Nokia Here Maps & Drive

Search This thread

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012

OLD

A beta version of Nokia Here Maps leaked a few days ago, but it expired on Oct 1.

I removed the expiration date in the source code of the app. (Set it to 12-30-2014)
This version can be installed at any device with android 4.0+ and still receives in-app updates via Nokia.

How to install

1. Download APK
2. Install with APK installer app or adb or ...
3. Sign up with real or fake data
4. Enjoy!

(Additionally, download maps for offline use)

Nokia released an official test version on their website!

Download APK

Last edited:

lpiratel

Jan 19, 2013
What happens when the app exprired? will you extend the expiration date, or would we have newer version then?

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012

Gormsen

Apr 30, 2011
Aarhus
My DOWNLOAD APK link is a link to mediafire (which will be opened in another tab) where you can download it.
I've got the same problem as the other guys, when using Chrome to download. Installed Firefox beta and it downloaded perfectly ;)

Don't know if there's a problem using Chrome on a laptop, but Firefox for Android did the trick for me :D

Message has been Baconized

Reactions: h1ghland3r

Arjunaz78

Nov 1, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks mate...seems like i open it on my Lumia.. :good:

Now i can view a map offline..but one thing that bring me a problem when download the map..
i currently change the download storage memory to 'extSdCard' but its still download on my device internal memory..is it a bug?

The wierd thing that when i check my extSdCard memory,nothing on the folder show the download map data..but there is a folder on my internal memory by name 'com.here.app.maps' inside a Android-data folder and inside it there are 2 folder including the 'cache' and 'files' folder but nothing there have a download map data files.

PowerPlop

May 6, 2012
Thanks mate...seems like i open it on my Lumia.. :good:

Now i can view a map offline..but one thing that bring me a problem when download the map..
i currently change the download storage memory to 'extSdCard' but its still download on my device internal memory..is it a bug?

The wierd thing that when i check my extSdCard memory,nothing on the folder show the download map data..but there is a folder on my internal memory by name 'com.here.app.maps' inside a Android-data folder and inside it there are 2 folder including the 'cache' and 'files' folder but nothing there have a download map data files.

Well, remember it's still in beta, so I guess a lot of features are missing/incomplete.

Reactions: rodjo777

pritzdj

Mar 14, 2010
"Here" is here...

Love the app. Thnks for the app.
I was previously a windows phone user. Recently, switched to Android and I really miss the Here Maps for the navigation (online & offline both). Now I am in fully love with the android ecosystem. :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

OLD

A beta version of Nokia Here Maps leaked a few days ago, but it expired on Oct 1.

I removed the expiration date in the source code of the app. (Set it to 12-30-2014)
    This version can be installed at any device with android 4.0+ and still receives in-app updates via Nokia.

How to install

1. Download APK
    2. Install with APK installer app or adb or ...
    3. Sign up with real or fake data
    4. Enjoy!

(Additionally, download maps for offline use)

Nokia released an official test version on their website!

Download APK
    What happens when the app exprired? will you extend the expiration date, or would we have newer version then?

It won't expire

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA mobile app
    Awesome

Thanks alot, working flawlessly! :cool:
    My DOWNLOAD APK link is a link to mediafire (which will be opened in another tab) where you can download it.
    I've got the same problem as the other guys, when using Chrome to download. Installed Firefox beta and it downloaded perfectly ;)

Don't know if there's a problem using Chrome on a laptop, but Firefox for Android did the trick for me :D

Message has been Baconized
    Download working fine on Desktop Chrome Browser. Thank you.