[APK] ADT-1 Cast Receiver, Leanback Launcher & more

Search This thread

BenjiHansell

Jan 30, 2015
First of all, thank you for your work with the launcher.

I have a Nexus 5 with Android 5.0.1. I downloaded you APK and signed it using ZipSigner with the "platform" option, but i still only get "The app has not been installed". What am I doing wrong?

after signing the .apk you need to create a folder system/app/LeanbackMod and copy and paste the .apk there

ipguy

May 8, 2007
Hi all

Has anyone managed to get this installed on a HiSense K390PAD 55" TV ?
The TV is running Android 4.2.2

Bboy486

May 9, 2011
I tried to install this on my nvidia shield tablet but the launcher says unable to get recommendations and then the apps do not respond to touch. Bummer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sandog12

May 19, 2013
The D
minix x8 h plus

Trying to get this to work on my x8h plus ... does anyone have a guide to do this and also is it worth doing it I like the launcher but does everything work correct... Thanks

GabbyWC

Dec 8, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Redmi Note 9 Pro
How difficult would it be to modify the Leanback keyboard so that it could be used with universal remotes? I have a Google Nexus Player connected to a Flirc USB infrared dongle which I use with a Philips SRP5107 universal remote. I have my universal remote's main OK button mapped to emulate the ENTER key on a keyboard and this works fine in most cases but not with the Leanback keyboard. It isn't a problem with some apps like Netflix or Kodi that have their own keyboards but for the Leanback keyboard that's used in apps like Google Play and YouTube, pressing the OK button on a universal remote causes the keyboard to close off. This problem does not exist with the original Nexus Player remote's select button because it is context-sensitive. So what I'm basically asking is can this Leanback keyboard be modified to *not* close when it detects an external ENTER key being pressed? If I could use my universal remote's OK button to press the Leanback keyboard's on-screen keys, that would be ideal.

zulu99

Jan 6, 2009
Recording Chromecast on Full Android Version

Chromecast functionality running on Shield TV with full Android version inside. Yes, with Full Android version in an Android TV device you can do all, also specific Android TV things + amazing real Android stuff. The only limit in Full Android is what you do not know.

https://youtu.be/8aXu0HWU-GU

Jan 6, 2010
I have been able to install the leanback launcher apk from the play store without issue on an Asus TF701 and HTC M8. The launcher has no touch input and only works with directional keys (keyboard on tablet or bluetooth remote).

It will properly list all the installed apps that have the appropriate manifest flags for android tv but launches them into mobile layout rather than leanback layout.

Does anybody know how to force android to launch apps in 'leanback mode'?

My first guess is a build.prop flag but I have glanced through the ADT-1 and Nexus Player build.props and nothing stuck out to me.

Also both devices get "unable to get recommendations" so the first row is gone. Unsure what causes this. I will try any suggestions to fix this.

Ultimately I would like to 'roll my own' androidTV device.

rafabrasil85

Jul 9, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
After signing the APK I moved it to "system/app/LeanbackMod", and after a reboot of the device, the app was installed. Thank you!

Hi. Am I doing this right? When I move signed apk file to /system/app/LeanbackMod folder I created and reboot, nothing happens. I'm attaching some screenshots to see if this helps. Thank you for any clue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-25-34.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-25-34.png
    75.9 KB · Views: 360
  • Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-27-11.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-27-11.png
    138.3 KB · Views: 381
  • Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-27-20.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-27-20.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 367
  • Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-27-29.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-27-29.png
    121.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-28-58.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-19-01-28-58.png
    164.2 KB · Views: 342

rafabrasil85

Jul 9, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
LeanbackMod v1.0

A quick and dirty mod of Leanback Launcher to make it run properly on other devices. Requires Android 5.0+

Changes
- Fixed portrait display when in landscape (forced landscape)
- Enabled immersive mode

Known Issues
- Clicking Notification icon causes launcher to crash

To Do
- Fix Preparing Recommendations loading
- Modify display layout to better suit non-GoogleTV devices
- Fix notifications icon

You will probably need to sign the APK with platform keys in order for it to install (I used ZipSigner available on Play Store)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/yl3e6utc9s86efc/LeanbackMod.apk

Friend, could you help me getting this to work on my lollipop tablet? I signed your apk, pasted it on the right folder, but this still doesn't work. Could you help me please??

Reactions: kokah

dk1keith

Jul 26, 2012
Leanback Launcher on Fire TV 2

Hello All,
I know this thread is pretty old, but has anyone tried the LeanbackMod on the Fire TV 2. It now comes with android 5.1. is there a way to mod this for the Fire TV 2.
thanks

theplagueisback

Apr 4, 2012
Actually, yes. I've download Leanback Launcher Mod again, installed, and then it worked. First you have to sign the apk file and paste it in system folder. Then you have to install normal non signed apk. This worked for me.

Hi there, I'm running Lollipop 5.0 on a chinese tv box, I've signed and copied the signed apks to the system folder however I'm not able to install nor the factory apk or the signed-apk, it tells me "Install Failed", any ideas?
Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Does anybody know if it is possible to install on other devices Leanback versions of apps like Nexus Player's YouTube or Netflix? There are some threads with their apks on XDA...

Found Netflix here, haven't tested though: http://www.wetekforums.com/v/index.php?p=/discussion/27564/android-tv-app-mods-leanback-and-fireos-remote-friendly-apps-modified-to-work-on-regular-android

rafabrasil85

Jul 9, 2015
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2
Unfortunately I have no ideas to help you... =\
Maybe if you try to install some earlier apk of the factory version? There are sites like apkmirror.com that should help finding different versions.
Thanks for the Netflix link. I've downloaded many different AndroidTV apps from various sites, and a lot of them are working. I own a MK809iv chinese HDMI stick, and it runs Android 4.4. Many ot these TV versions requires Lollipop to run though.

Top Liked Posts