• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APK] Missing apps? FM Radio, Quick Remote, Smart settings etc dl HERE [discontinued]

Search This thread

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
Hello guys,
If you've installed a rooted image like I did, maybe you just noticed that the author decided to get rid of LG bloatwares. But some apps are really useful and I don't get why he removed them. I am indeed refering to FM Radio and Quick Remote (IR) apps.

So, I did a backup of the two apk from my latest clean install.
Attachments below. May not work with all variants (as I read that US carriers removed these apps because of money/rights?)

Hope it will be useful to some of you. Cheers! :)
P.S. don't hesitate to ask if you're searching for an apk. Glad to help.

stock LG Browser apk available at post #10
LG Health and Health Agent apk available at post #21
Mirrorlink apk available at post #23
Calc system app apk+lib available at post #26
Alarm clock apk available at post #35
QRemote (Lollipop) apk dl below, QRemote (MM) here with its QuicksetSDK (MM) here
LG Keyboard MM (should be flashable, else copy zip content to system)
Smart Setting with sys files pack available below

LG Browser MM (system/priv-app)
LG Mirrorlink MM (system/app)
LG Smart Notice MM
LG Radio (working!) (install as normal apk)
LG Smart World (install as normal apk)
LG live wallpaper
LG Home and LG Message
LG Quick Memo+
LG Backup and Restore

Attachments

• QuickRemote_4.50.23.apk
    14.4 MB · Views: 29,159
Last edited:

M1LL3R

Jan 10, 2014
Anyone having problems with quick remote after setting the dpi to 540? Try to set it again to 640 with appsettings xposed module but didn't work...

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
What's the point to change the DPI for this app? The display is perfect.
I only changed those settings with Chrome to get the tablet mode and tabs bar on the top.

bel57

Dec 26, 2009
???
www.gamergen.com
Oh I see. And what did you get? Am not in that sort of thing, so I can't imagine what your system looks like and I must say, no idea to make Qremote fitting the original display. Good luck!

Last edited:

Outta

Feb 1, 2010
Ok thank you, now just need to figure out how to get everything Working in Verizon lg g4

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Well can't manually install smart settings, time to kinky.

killa408shark

Aug 21, 2011
San Jose CA
Ok thank you, now just need to figure out how to get everything Working in Verizon lg g4

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 PM ----------

Well can't manually install smart settings, time to kinky.

Have you figured how to install the browser on the Verizon variant?

Sent from my VS986 using XDA Free mobile app

kegwine

Sep 13, 2015
Hey, I accidentally removed my Live Wallpaper Picker and was wondering if you have a version that will work with the H815 variant?

Outta

Feb 1, 2010
Someone with working fm radio post your build.prop please, trying to figure out what's different about the verizon varriant that it's disabled.

biff6789

Mar 8, 2009
Someone with working fm radio post your build.prop please, trying to figure out what's different about the verizon varriant that it's disabled.

I don't think that's going to help, my friend. Verizon and some of the other US carriers typically ground one of the wires leading to the FM module, which literally diverts electricity away from it so that it won't even turn on - and I bet that's what Verizon has done here with their G4 as well. A build.prop edit won't change it. All you can do is crack your phone open, get out a soldering gun, and try to solder a new ungrounded connection yourself (Skill level: Adam Outler).

Some carriers do this so that you are required to use streaming apps for radio instead like Tune-in Radio or Spotify, which burns through your data plan and makes them more money. You aren't the only one upset about this. There are a lot of petitions online to get carriers to reverse this practice. One is here: http://freeradioonmyphone.org/

Reactions: lrmdaddy and bel57

Top Liked Posts