• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APK][MOD] Twitch: Livestream (Ad-Free)(Android TV)

Search This thread

t436h05t

Oct 13, 2007
Twitch: Livestream (Ad-Free)(Android TV)
https%3A%2F%2Fs17.directupload.net%2Fimages%2F190901%2Fg9ixiiac.png

Attached is 1 zip files. Since twitch is using split apk we need to use "Split APKs Installer (SAI)" found in the google play store to install the applications. It does not require root.

Versions:
Twitch [2.9.8](AndroidTV) (newest as of 3/7/2020)

Tests:
Tested on Nvidia Sheild TV PIE

Instructions Android TV:
1) Download the ZIP file for Android TV onto your internal SD-Card

2) Install Split APKs Installer (SAI) either from the playstore or attached to this post.

3) Open Split APKs Installer (SAI) and go to settings and enable sign APKs(see screenshot)

4) Go back to Main Screen and hit Install Apk at the bottom

5) Locate ZIP file you copied to your internal SD-Card

6) You will get a notification that you need to allow Split APKs Installer (SAI) to install the file(on android TV after enabling install permissions I need to close and restart from setup 3 as giving permissions froze the app)

7) Run Twitch and sign in

NOTE:
1) Make sure you uninstall any twitch app you have installed
2) While the application stops ads from twitch it may not stop forced ads(Ads that the streamer forces). Example, switch from streamer to streamer you will get a ad from twitch(this should be blocked). Streamer finished a match in overwatch he may force a ad on his viewers(this may not be stopped)

Looking to fix phone to newest version. Some set backs.

Attachments

• 92669c562e44d7be83365bcd51390401_screen.jpg
    92669c562e44d7be83365bcd51390401_screen.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 922
Last edited:
Reactions: prismatik79

Jeanestmare

Dec 25, 2019
Not working

Yo, i did all your steps, but the 1st stream i launched showed me an add...
I tried to clean cache.... still nothing

I've an S10 with android 10

t436h05t

Oct 13, 2007
Yo, i did all your steps, but the 1st stream i launched showed me an add...
I tried to clean cache.... still nothing

I've an S10 with android 10

I've been running it for a few days now with not a single ad but I'll run some tests to see if I can reproduce. Also just to be clear you got a ad at the start of the stream? And you did uninstall any previous versions before installing?

Jeanestmare

Dec 25, 2019
I've been running it for a few days now with not a single ad but I'll run some tests to see if I can reproduce. Also just to be clear you got a ad at the start of the stream? And you did uninstall any previous versions before installing?

Yes, i got the ad at the beginning of the stream. I've cleaned and uninstalled every older versions before.

snyft

Mar 14, 2015
does this support background or mini player? Like can i have it running in a small window while doing other things on my phone?

nlse

Jun 26, 2012
Application is incompatible with this device

it may mostly work on Shield, but others may not work as good with Android TV

FaithButlers

Jan 16, 2021
are there any changes to install it in an easier way? cuz I like the idea of the app, however if it's not possible to install, I won't even try. I've recently been searching for some nice applications or any service which will help me with the problem I've encountered.
All live streams some interesting people I follow on discord have are at night or just the time I can't manage to watch them. I'd like to download them and watch when I have spare time.
Do you know any reliable services like https://www.windsya.com/ but for discord? Really looking forward to finding such a service for the discord... Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Twitch: Livestream (Ad-Free)(Android TV)
    https%3A%2F%2Fs17.directupload.net%2Fimages%2F190901%2Fg9ixiiac.png

Attached is 1 zip files. Since twitch is using split apk we need to use "Split APKs Installer (SAI)" found in the google play store to install the applications. It does not require root.

Versions:
    Twitch [2.9.8](AndroidTV) (newest as of 3/7/2020)

Tests:
    Tested on Nvidia Sheild TV PIE

Instructions Android TV:
    1) Download the ZIP file for Android TV onto your internal SD-Card

2) Install Split APKs Installer (SAI) either from the playstore or attached to this post.

3) Open Split APKs Installer (SAI) and go to settings and enable sign APKs(see screenshot)

4) Go back to Main Screen and hit Install Apk at the bottom

5) Locate ZIP file you copied to your internal SD-Card

6) You will get a notification that you need to allow Split APKs Installer (SAI) to install the file(on android TV after enabling install permissions I need to close and restart from setup 3 as giving permissions froze the app)

7) Run Twitch and sign in

NOTE:
    1) Make sure you uninstall any twitch app you have installed
    2) While the application stops ads from twitch it may not stop forced ads(Ads that the streamer forces). Example, switch from streamer to streamer you will get a ad from twitch(this should be blocked). Streamer finished a match in overwatch he may force a ad on his viewers(this may not be stopped)

Looking to fix phone to newest version. Some set backs.

Thank's but i was already using 8.7.0 without ads, so not usefull for me to downgrade to 8.6.1 ?

Removed phone till I can fix it. Limited time atm. I'll update the post when I mod the new phone app.