[APK] New Camera & Gallery with Photosphere 100% Working, NO ROOT REQUIRED

Search This thread

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com
Yesterday where leaked details of a new camera application in the HTC One and Galaxy S4 Google Play Editions, which added new features and some small change in its interface. And as expected, hours later, we can download and install the same version on any Android device.

To install the new gallery and camera, all you have to do is follow the next steps:

1. Go to Settings > Security and activate the checkbox "Unkonw Sources"
  2. Download the APK file
  3. With a file explorer (IE: ES Explorer or Astro), find the file on your SD and just pick the file and install the new Gallery (New camera included with the gallery)
  4. Enjoy the Google Experience camera and gallery on your HTC One or in almost any device

If you have a Nexus or stock Android Experience device, this app will replace the current camera and gallery. If you have a Sense or other kind of Android, you will notice 2 new apps in the app drawer called: Camera and Gallery which belong to the new gallery and camera (no sh*t Sherlock :) ).

So far this has been tested on an HTC One, an Oppo Find 5 and in an Xperia Z and it's working in all of them with no issues so it will probably work in the rest of Android devices. Also, Photosphere and Panoramic options seems to be working to in all the Android devices with no need of ROOT or anything so, go ahead and try this new camera and gallery.

Source: El Androide Libre

PS: I've tried the APK myself and it's working like a charm. I can take photopsheres and no issues so far.

Link 1:

Download APK here (Google Docs)

Link 2:

Download APK here (Dropbox)

REQUIREMENT

The app requires that your phone has a gyro sensor (different from accelerometer sensor). Ensure you have this first before installing this app. You can check the "sensors" section of your phone on GSMArena if you don't know if your device has it.

Last edited:

Squirrel1620

Oct 13, 2011
I must be dreaming, wow great job to all involved ripping through this stuff and releasing things only hours after the darn thing came out!

Sent from my ViperOne

shino82

Feb 22, 2011
Bremen
Yesterday where leaked details of a new camera application in the HTC One and Galaxy S4 Google Play Editions, which added new features and some small change in its interface. And as expected, hours later, we can download and install the same version on any Android device.

To install the new gallery and camera, all you have to do is follow the next steps:

2. Download the APK file
  3. With a file explorer (IE: ES Explorer or Astro), find the file on your SD and just pick the file and install the new Gallery (New camera included with the gallery)
  4. Enjoy the Google Experience camera and gallery on your HTC One or in almost any device

If you have a Nexus or stock Android Experience device, this app will replace the current camera and gallery. If you have a Sense or other kind of Android, you will notice 2 new apps in the app drawer called: Camera and Gallery which belong to the new gallery and camera (no sh*t Sherlock :) ).

So far this has been tested on an HTC One, an Oppo Find 5 and in an Xperia Z and it's working in all of them with no issues so it will probably work in the rest of Android devices. Also, Photosphere and Panoramic options seems to be working to in all the Android devices with no need of ROOT or anything so, go ahead and try this new camera and gallery.

PS: I've tried the APK myself and it's working like a charm. I can take photopsheres and no issues so far.

Link 1:

Link 2:

When u take Links from others, at least give credits to them...

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

nazem

Oct 7, 2010
Hey would this apk work on the nexus 4?
Sorry, I skimmed through the first post so I didn't see that it updates the current camera, thanks!
Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
Installed and it works, however I end up with yellow lines over my images (just with this new camera, the stock one works fine).

:No-Frost:

Sep 4, 2009
Santiago
twitter.com

Not sure if you noticed the "Source: El Androide Libre"... I don't know who leaked the apk but the source was from "El Androide Libre" website.

So I've give the proper credits, I never said that I released the APK, I only translated the information from the other site and included my own dropbox link just in case.

shino82

Feb 22, 2011
Bremen
Not sure if you noticed the "Source: El Androide Libre"... I don't know who leaked the apk but the source was from "El Androide Libre" website.

So I've give the proper credits, I never said that I released the APK, I only translated the information from the other site and included my own dropbox link just in case.

I'm talking about the dropbox Link... Have you uploaded it?

ac3kill

Mar 15, 2011
OKC
Omg thank you so much my camera was lacking before abd didn't want to focus now it focuses on it's own and I don't have to keep hitting my screen trying to get it to work ! Thank you thank you

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium HD app

psufan5

Dec 11, 2009
BUG: when opening an MMS picture with the enclosed gallery app, nothing shows up, and tends to lock up the phone for a few seconds. The sense gallery works perfectly.

Reactions: rotten.monkey

JacK_Sparr0W

Apr 23, 2013
Belgium
Working perfect in TrickDroid 8.0 :good:
Is it possible to have the default APK Lockscreen, default SMS and Phone app from One GE ? :angel:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

2. Download the APK file

Link 1:

Link 2:

REQUIREMENT

The app requires that your phone has a gyro sensor (different from accelerometer sensor). Ensure you have this first before installing this app. You can check the "sensors" section of your phone on GSMArena if you don't know if your device has it.

2. Download the APK file

Link 1:

Link 2:

you guys better check this out: [APP] Latest GPE 3.62 Camera & Gallery for sense roms (4.4.2 based) [16.03.14]

fresh port with latest gpe things. the one in this thread is quite old.
    can you add volume button options? for switching on/off tourch during video recording, for example

Remember that I'm not the developer, I don't have the skills to make such mod.

Though, Google Camera is now available from Google Play :)