[APK] New Market [11 dec 2010]

Search This thread

probers1

Jul 11, 2008
Flashed the signed zip after a little trouble. It is important to clear the cache and data for market first. I had to delete the vending.apk and the correspond files in cache and dalvik before the update would load and run without force closes. it is now working for me on enom rom.

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
This is really startung to piss me off. I just cant figure out y it wont work for me. I give up. Ill just wait until it updates itself. Btw im running cm nightly 285

Chosen_on184

Jul 27, 2009
R u guys using the one signed with test keys on page six ....one i used and on first go everything working fine

SophT

Jul 29, 2010
天津
-- Install from sdcard....
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Using default updater...
E:Error in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates/Vending-2.2.6-signed-testkeys.update.zip
(Status 4)
Installation aborted.

I've tried downloading 3 times from 2 different mirrors. Is this not an update.zip typical installer?

CM6.1-stable, Motorola Milestone, G.O.T. OR

*edit*

n/m looking at the updatescript it doesn't mount the system volume - I think in GOT OR you have to mount first.

Last edited:

chris6278

Jun 16, 2010
Ive tried every zip file an apks in this thread an cant get none of that **** to work. Nothin but force closes

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
yup, I was using the testkeys zip. Plus a few others, and manually moving over the apk.

I cleared data and cahce, then I adb'd into the system, removed Vending.apk, manually removed the dalvik cache files, rebooted into recovery and wiped cache, then wiped dalvik again, then restarted. Checked in the phone and on adb to make sure Vending didn't exist, or any cache files.

Restarted, flashed the testkeys .zip, wiped cache, then wiped dalvik cache again (redundant, but wanted to try everything).

Booted into the phone. Wiped data again, then tried starting Market, and it still crashes. :(

Anyone see anything I could have possibly missed?

mlevit

Aug 12, 2010
15 mins makes the refund feature useless to me. 15 mins to decide if I should keep the app or refund it? I might as well go back to previewing my apps via "pirating." 24 hours was perfect! Why are they ruining the refund feature.

Look 15 minutes isn't very long... but according to their research it shows that most people refund within that small window.

The reason they made it shorter (and I do believe it should have been maybe around 1 hour) is because 24 hours shorthanded the developers a little. People would buy an app... use it and then refund it the next day. When it came to apps like games that's a lot of play time for mobile apps.

Nagarebozhi

Dec 11, 2010
Does this only work for 2.2 and abowe? I only got analizing error when i try to install the apk on my X10i.

D

diversificationied

yup, I was using the testkeys zip. Plus a few others, and manually moving over the apk.

I cleared data and cahce, then I adb'd into the system, removed Vending.apk, manually removed the dalvik cache files, rebooted into recovery and wiped cache, then wiped dalvik again, then restarted. Checked in the phone and on adb to make sure Vending didn't exist, or any cache files.

Restarted, flashed the testkeys .zip, wiped cache, then wiped dalvik cache again (redundant, but wanted to try everything).

Booted into the phone. Wiped data again, then tried starting Market, and it still crashes. :(

Anyone see anything I could have possibly missed?

What rom are you on? Try reflashing the rom on top and then immediately applying the market update.zip.

ApnaDroid

Nov 17, 2010
Code:
Oops! (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Mirrors !

Clarkster

Mar 23, 2007
Sooke
What rom are you on? Try reflashing the rom on top and then immediately applying the market update.zip.

Cyanogenmod 6.1 Final.

And yeah, I tried that too. Flashed 6.1 on top and the market and wiped cache again, didn't work so I tried flashing 6.1 without any market on the system, booting once, then flashing the new one, still no dice.

It's like I've done every possible thing I could think of without a full system wipe, I think my phone is haunted. :)

But I'm done for the night, back to the old market and will try again tomorrow.

Strange that moving back to the old market was so easy, still rm'd the cache files and cleared data and such, but no problems going backwards. Makes it sound like there was still something of the old market cached on my phone.

Maybe tomorrow before beginning I'll pray, meditate, dance around the phone, hold a seance, and pledge my life to various deities and see how that helps. :)

D

diversificationied

Cyanogenmod 6.1 Final.

And yeah, I tried that too. Flashed 6.1 on top and the market and wiped cache again, didn't work so I tried flashing 6.1 without any market on the system, booting once, then flashing the new one, still no dice.

It's like I've done every possible thing I could think of without a full system wipe, I think my phone is haunted. :)

But I'm done for the night, back to the old market and will try again tomorrow.

Strange that moving back to the old market was so easy, still rm'd the cache files and cleared data and such, but no problems going backwards. Makes it sound like there was still something of the old market cached on my phone.

Maybe tomorrow before beginning I'll pray, meditate, dance around the phone, hold a seance, and pledge my life to various deities and see how that helps. :)

My other thought is that is has something to with the backend at either google, or the carrier's end.

Mine works fine, CM6.1 and tested on all my devices I theme. Here is my version and screens http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11174180/DarkMarket/DarkMarket226.zip

snap20101211_225618.png

snap20101211_225817.png

Enjoy!

DJ Darkknight!!!

Top Liked Posts