• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APK] (NON-ROOT) -Injected YouTube- (Background and screen off playback) [STOCK-LOS]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
youtube-on-android-994x400.jpg

WHAT IS THIS?

This is a modded version of the original YouTube app that:

• Enables background / screen-off playback
• Removes ads (now in stock Motorola's rom too!) (thanks to @arter97)

INSTRUCTIONS:

UNINSTALL EXISTING YOUTUBE if you have it. Recommend using one of the many system apps Uninstallers that you can find on the play store, or a file manager that can delete from /system/app

Note: In the updates, if you are using Substratum to theme YouTube (especially if using Substratum's legacy mode), you may have to remove overlay first prior to updating. Otherwise, YouTube will crash immediately when opening. How to do that? See here.

*For more info go to the ORIGINAL THREAD.

•DOWNLOADS:

>>DOWNLOAD FOLDER (Click here!)<< [Enter to the NON-ROOT folder to get the non root version]
* The only differences between each one of the versions in the linked folder are the interface colours, choose the one that you want.

•INSTALLATION:

1) Download and install YouTube_v1*.*.*(minAPI16-nodpi-noarch-nonroot-v*.*)(**-**-v*.*)-vanced-vp9-backgroundplayback.apk) located in 12.**.**/ NON-ROOT-VERSION-BY-LAURA-ALMEIDA.
>>DOWNLOAD FOLDER (Click here!)<< [Enter to the NON-ROOT folder to get the non root version]
* The only differences between each one of the versions in the linked folder are the interface colours, choose the one that you want.

2) Download and Install MicroG_for_iYTBP_v*.*.*.apk.

Credits & special thanks to: @laura almeida and @ZaneZam.

Bugs / limitations:

- None (last tested version: 12.34.55).

Date: 13/09/17.

Credits & thanks:

@laura almeida - (Vanced team)
@Master_T - (Orginal iYTBP)
@ZaneZam - (Vanced team)
@Razerman - (Vanced team)
@arter97

*Let me know if someone involved into this project is missing in credits.

Thread updated: 14-Sep-2017

Attachments

• yt1.jpg
    yt1.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 10,049
  • yt2.jpg
    yt2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 9,765
  • yt3.png
    yt3.png
    117.1 KB · Views: 9,258
  • yt4.png
    yt4.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 9,173
Last edited:

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
yeah this is considered warez i think

Hi sheriff,

I don't think so, go to the ORIGINAL thread for more info.

This mod is based upon the source code of the following xPosed module:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/com.pyler.youtubebackgroundplayback
All credits for the research behind this go to the authors of the module.
I merely "ported" it to the original YouTube APK for all the people that don't have xPosed.

Why does this exist?

Because not everyone has xPosed, especially now that Nougat is starting to spread to more and more devices

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
I installed it but the homepage keeps on loading.Is there anything i can do to fix this.

If you are using Substratum to theme YouTube (especially if using Substratum's legacy mode), you may have to remove overlay first prior to updating. Otherwise, YouTube will crash immediately when opening.

Try with the new version, just install as a normal .APK, report if this worked.

Reactions: Bravito

ZaneZam

Recognized Contributor
Dec 6, 2010
Update (02-7-2017):

YouTube_v12.23.60(nodpi).apk: 12.23.60 YT version.

-Install as a normal APK, NO ROOT required.

DOWNLOAD HERE YouTube_v*.*.*(nodpi).apk [apk VERSION and NO ROOT required!]

* You can get themed versions of the apk (grey-black and red-black) in the above link. All the credits go to: ZaneZam for this version.

thx but to be correct for the themed and non root versions we should rather thank and give credits to @laura almeida as this work is done by her we "just share our resources" these days but u surely read already about
that in original thread, second post. so there is something missing in the credits. ;)

Reactions: taadow1030

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
thx but to be correct for the themed and non root versions we should rather thank and give credits to @laura almeida as this work is done by her we "just share our resources" these days but u surely read already about
that in original thread, second post. so there is something missing in the credits. ;)

Corrected, @laura almeida added to the credits in OP, thanks you both for the amazing job.:good:

champagne66601

May 1, 2016
I have two problems, with the zip file, after flashing I open YT and the background play works but the ads stills there and worst, I can't skip it after the five seconds. In the non-root apk, when I install the microG and sign me up, the YT app crashes and doesn't let me open it, I don't know what I'm doing wrong ):

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
I have two problems, with the zip file, after flashing I open YT and the background play works but the ads stills there and worst, I can't skip it after the five seconds. In the non-root apk, when I install the microG and sign me up, the YT app crashes and doesn't let me open it, I don't know what I'm doing wrong ):

That's very strange (the ads thing), it never happened to me, actually, works pretty well the .ZIP version. Regarding to microG, to be honest, i never used it.

I tested the non-root version [grey & black] (i am using it, right now), and i haven't faced any issues so far, everything works as expected.

Since i am not the developer of any of these apk's (i just created the flashable zip option) i suggest you to go to the original thread (located HERE) see: main thread and posts #2 & #3.

If you have Magisk (suggested: beta v13.0), in the post #3, you will find the ZaneZam and laura almeida version (non-root) ported into a magisk module. I didn't post it to the main thread because i haven't tested the Magisk version.

Last edited:

robert1337

Jan 8, 2015
@moonlightdrive hey thanks for this! it works! I tried other mods they just refuse to work! but yours is a different story! thanks a bunch!
i got a suggestion.. can you make a themed version? i need a black one... because i always watch youtube at night and the white theme really burns my eyes..
i know i can download zanezam version but his non root version uses different package name (and causes problems on chromecast detection)
and his root version doesnt remove ads (yes i installed using his instruction using his flashable zip)

Reactions: moonlightdrive

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
@moonlightdrive hey thanks for this! it works! I tried other mods they just refuse to work! but yours is a different story! thanks a bunch!
i got a suggestion.. can you make a themed version? i need a black one... because i always watch youtube at night and the white theme really burns my eyes..
i know i can download zanezam version but his non root version uses different package name (and causes problems on chromecast detection)
and his root version doesnt remove ads (yes i installed using his instruction using his flashable zip)

Hi mate, you're welcome!.

I started using this version YouTube_v12.23.60(nodpi)(Grey_Black_v1.1).apk since a couple of days ago, i checked and effectively his package name was modified to 'com-lara-android.youtube', anyway, it's working as expected so far, when i connect my device to Chromecast via youtube app it works as normal.

i am using a Google Chromecast 2 (not enrolled into beta testing software program).

The version of the app that i am currently running it's the Grey and Black v1.1 (by ZaneZam & laura).

Please, give it a shot to prove if with this version you have the same troubles with Chromecast.

I am on Invicta OS 4.2 (LineageOS based rom) with Open-GAPPS Pico and rooted with Magisk v13.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 348
Last edited:

moonlightdrive

Oct 5, 2015
Argentina
Hello, I downloaded the apk yesterday and since then It doesn't let me sign in, is there a way to fix that?

Hi, wich version did you download?, are you on custom or stock rom?

If you have root, install the last ZaneZam's version (from yesterday 7/Jul/2017). Assuming that you are running on a custom rom.

Download: youtube_12.25.52-1225523300_minAPI21(armeabi-v7a)(nodpi)-adaway-backgroundplayback.apk.

Installation:

With your prefered file manager (and root permissions), do the following:

Paste the .apk file to /system/app

Give 644 permissions to it, in /system/app/name-of-the-app.apk

* You can give permissions with any terminal emulator or ADB interface.

ADB:
- adb root
- adb shell chmod 644 /system/app/name-of-the-app.apk
- adb reboot

Terminal:
- su
- chmod 644 /system/app/name-of-the-app.apk
- reboot

* If you are on stock Motorola's rom, go to the thread description and search for the stock rom version (i updated the links a minits ago).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts