[APK Request] All4, ITVHub, My5, RTÉ Player, 3Player, and TG4

Search This thread

runswithascript

Sep 23, 2012
Dublin
Can someone please reupload the ITV HUb APK which has the Amazon check removed. I am outside UK right now.. The one currently downloadable does not load on the fire tv.

Hope this helps, have it stored locally but I am unsure if there has been updates or not.

I came here hoping to find there was an All 4 version that would work on the Shield. I am going to try using the Set Orientation app on the normal All 4 app, one version from Apkpure, another from the Playstore.

reasonb

Sep 2, 2020
There has to be a way around this. Someone out there has to have a modified APK without having to go through a bundle installer. I myself am running into the ALL-4-T006 error each time. I am an expat using a shield in a remote country. All other apps for other chanels seem to working, just not all4.

sepata

Aug 4, 2011
Alas there is no Android TV app for All 4, nor BBC iPlayer and ITV hub except on the Shield. Blame that stupid Youview deal with UK TV networks, and you just can't expect Fire TV apps to work on Android TV.

The only answer for now is to sideload the All 4 phone apk and use an air mouse (or wireless mouse) for navigation. The Mouse Toggle app for your existing remote is also an option. On my Shield 2019, the remote functions on most of the All 4 main menus, and Mouse Toggle works for the rest. The only real issue is scrolling up and down in sub menus with Mouse Toggle. Press OK at the same time as the navigation wheel on the Shield remote - clumsy, but OK for occasional use. On my Vodafone TV box, the program button does Mouse Toggle scrolling much better.

Last edited:

janflapjes

Jan 13, 2011
Hope this helps, have it stored locally but I am unsure if there has been updates or not.

I came here hoping to find there was an All 4 version that would work on the Shield. I am going to try using the Set Orientation app on the normal All 4 app, one version from Apkpure, another from the Playstore.

The link is dead, unfortunately. Can someone who has it repost? I need it for my fire TV, which is not in the UK.

stuaxo

Sep 16, 2017
Does anyone have an idea what's involved in patching out the firestick dependencies so this works on Android TV ? At this point I'm willing to have a go myself, used be an android dev about 1000 years ago so have some chance if pointed at the tools + someone can tell me what needs replacing with what (I'm assuming it's stuff like the firesticks webview being patched out in favour of the default android one and other bits).

fergalc

Jul 9, 2008
Does anyone have an idea what's involved in patching out the firestick dependencies so this works on Android TV ? At this point I'm willing to have a go myself, used be an android dev about 1000 years ago so have some chance if pointed at the tools + someone can tell me what needs replacing with what (I'm assuming it's stuff like the firesticks webview being patched out in favour of the default android one and other bits).
@ACHILLES R32 may be able to give you some guidance as he's worked miracles getting, initially At&t TV now and now DirectTV now working on the Shield.

lakota123

Feb 21, 2022
Bump, couple of years on; does anyone know if there is a Shield compatible All4 app out there that doesn’t need a mouse etc?

For eg is there a copy of the LG or Sony android tv app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry to bump this one again, but does anyone have an up-to-date All4 apk with the Amazon dependencies removed?

If i get time this week i will look into patching the 5.1.3 all 4 apk, as the one im using at the moment needs an air mouse and its annoying me :good:

UPDATE: There is a new version of all 4 available. Version 6.2.1. Nothing i can do with 5.1.3 anymore as its no longer supported. if someone can upload the newest version then i can patch it, if not i will pop round my mates house and extract it when i get a chance.
    drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-t5FeTi1mzSUF3c0NEUUpfQ0U/view?usp=drivesdk All 4 - works - use "set orientation" app. drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-t5FeTi1mzMVhUeHFhdHkySVE/view?usp=drivesdk ITV Hub - works - same thing. drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-t5FeTi1mzaGs1ZEs1YkRVanM/view?usp=drivesdk BBC Iplayer - same thing - this is not the android tv version, i cant seem to find the file for it. My5 or Demand5 i can not get working at all, which is why i came to this thread. i use the All4 android app but kodi's itv and bbc addon is actually what i use as is a lot quicker but these apks work fine.
    I've got same issue as this guy! Completed an adb pull from FireTV I have in the bedroom and ran it, all4 app seems very small from FireTV around 150kb in size.

Installed and then it moaned about not having amazon app store, I downloaded amazon app store and made sure I had "purchased" all4 app on it and logged in but still shows me the same error.

I live in the UK so it's really annoying it doesn't have it!
    really need this!!!!
    Thank you very much for your efforts all the same :)

The first three definitely exist, they are the UK apps, the last three, the Irish apps, I am unsure of.

Ok I did with a little effort manage to download and extract 3 of them from my firetv. 2 of them are attached and there's a link for the My 5 below.

https://mega.nz/#!8IxWEBjC!c88wn4dSoh9C8XaPXB_NTAd6ATNfHb56QXzuzvr1n_I