[APK] Samsung Apps (touchwiz-free)

Search This thread
All,

Here is a copy of the Samsung Apps APK that I have modified to remove the touchwiz requirement. Just download and install. This should provide the Samsung App store to custom roms/GPE edition roms on your devices.

YMMV, but this works perfectly on my device.

https://mega.co.nz/#!NxVFzLya!Ad5voypEIN0LZcMYvCudE2XTxS5oylEHYb2d49jDdss

-toastido

---
If this works for you, hit the thanks button!

WalkSoftly

Dec 10, 2011
Just to be clear, will this fix the notification problems ( such as notifications for hangouts, text messaging, gmail, etc.) that are found in non TouchWiz roms? Thanks and happy new year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: gotissues68
Just to be clear, will this fix the notification problems ( such as notifications for hangouts, text messaging, gmail, etc.) that are found in non TouchWiz roms? Thanks and happy new year!

This is simply the "Samsung Apps" application that gear manager wants to install apps through. I'm still working on the rest ;)

WalkSoftly

Dec 10, 2011
Ok cool, thanks for your work!

amsguitarist

Feb 5, 2012
App loaded up on a Moto X but it does not populate anything. Just an app with a header with no content.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

skitapa

Apr 19, 2011
I have a gt-i9505 s4 lte. I installed Samsung apps from your link and then Gear manager. But it says cannot connect, device or country not supported. Update your device. What can I do to run this? I am on cm11 m3.

jutley

Mar 23, 2006
UK
same thing happens to me works fine but no apps showing said your country may be limited installed on sony z ultra.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All,

Here is a copy of the Samsung Apps APK that I have modified to remove the touchwiz requirement. Just download and install. This should provide the Samsung App store to custom roms/GPE edition roms on your devices.

YMMV, but this works perfectly on my device.

https://mega.co.nz/#!NxVFzLya!Ad5voypEIN0LZcMYvCudE2XTxS5oylEHYb2d49jDdss

-toastido

---
    If this works for you, hit the thanks button!

Toastido, there is a new update for Samsung apps. Would you care working your magic on this one too?

+1
    Sorry.. I've been really busy lately. I've also switched to the note 3 running full TW, so I'm afraid I won't be able to port the new version. At least not any time soon. :-\

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yes. I removed the tw framework from the manifest for this apk, rebuilt and resigned using a development key.

It's not that simple for the rest of the gear stuff, unfortunately. :/

Your apk works but pretends to upgrade itself.
    I've done the same with an untouched apk but it crashes telling:
    android.view.InflateException: Binary XML file line #5: Error inflating class com.sec.android.app.samsungapps.widget.SamsungAppActionBar.

It refers to isa_layout_actionbar_activity_template.xml but i cannot find SamsungAppActionBar class.
    Twframework.jar does not contain class files. I'll try to decompile twframework.odex

What i've missed?