• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APK] Samsung Internet 4.0 Available on Lollipop (5.0+) (w/ Content Blocking)

Search This thread

shichemt

Mar 21, 2011
Dallas, TX
Samsung Internet 4.0 is available on Lollipop and Marshmallow.

Google Play Store link

In case you cannot install it from Play Store or Galaxy Apps app.
Here's a link: Package Screenshot

(You guys are amazing. Dropbox ended up banning me from generating links due to excessive traffic)

Old Releases:
v4.0.10-50 APK : Mega.co.nz | gDrive

Latest version:
v4.0.10-51 APK: Mega.co.nz | gDrive

Samsung developers with MM decided to disable new features on rooted device with Knox warranty flag and all Knox stuff removed.

I removed this check and now everything works well.

Here is the unlocked version:
4.0.10-51 Knox Free: Mega.co.nz

Screenshots from my device:

What's new:

• It allows you to install blocking extensions like AdBlock Fast.
  • New Layout
  • New Secret mode

To block ads in Samsung Internet 4.0+, need a blocking extension installed.
In the Internet app, go to More->Settings->Advanced->Block content->Toggle 'On'->Select your blocking extension.

It should be working with other Samsung devices. Tried it on Galaxy S4 and it works great.

Special thanks to @fueledbygin

Last edited:

Protibus

Dec 24, 2011
Warwick
Thanks!!!!! Been looking all over for this apk to install on my Verizon S7. It isn't available yet for the VZW S7 on Playstation or Galaxy apps. Best browser for the Sydney and S7. Thanks man.

Aug 4, 2015
Strange how when I load up the Play Store link it says that this browser is incompatible with my phones when in the description it clearly states that it'll work with my both my S4 Active and my S6 Active. I'm downloading the mirrored APK instead, hope nothing bad happens.

intxeon

Aug 8, 2013
Strange how when I load up the Play Store link it says that this browser is incompatible with my phones when in the description it clearly states that it'll work with my both my S4 Active and my S6 Active. I'm downloading the mirrored APK instead, hope nothing bad happens.

This happens on my phone too. Anyway it seems that on s6 a lot of functions are hidden or disabled

shichemt

Mar 21, 2011
Dallas, TX

SavanTorian

Oct 15, 2012
Greaaat :)
Much better, than the old-1.
Works flawlessly on my Note 4 (910F) with 5.1.1 - CPC1 FW.
The Playstore told me "not compatible", then I tried it and it worked. :good::good::good:

intxeon

Aug 8, 2013
I received a new update yesterday. I've added the new link to OP.
Let us know if that works after installing the new APK.

I found out why it didn't properly work on my phone.
Samsung developers with MM decided to disable new features on rooted device with Knox warranty flag and all Knox stuff removed.

I removed this check and now everything works well.

Here is the unlocked version:
4.0.10-51 Knox Free: Mega.co.nz

Reactions: perovero
Aug 14, 2013
I have the S7 Edge (Rogers in Canada) and my Samsung browser version is 4.0.01-89. Does anyone know why my version is way older than the one posted 4.0.10-59? I just want to make sure nothing gets messed up if I update to the latest one as the Canadian play store doesn't even have the Samsung Browser listed. I would really appreciate any information on this post. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts