• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APK] Smart YouTube TV - NO ADS! (Android TV)

Search This thread

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
I couldn't get 11.27 to install again on the same device as last time. Auto updating crashes while staging.
...but after stasiof's post I'm thinking of sticking with 11.22.
Was 11.27 removed from Github? I don't see it listed as a release.

GnatGoSplat

Apr 29, 2007
Is it possible to change SmartTubeNext to the old UI that resembles the official Youtube app? I prefer that UI, but didn't find any way to do it.

rrkas

Feb 10, 2015
Some clips only shows up in 720p max, why is that? I have tried unlocking all codecs and force VP9 codec in the settings but it doesn't help.
This one for example:

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Are you talking about Smart YouTube TV or SmartTubeNext?
Maybe it's your device's limitation. I can get that Starlit video to play in 4k/60 just fine on my 2015 Sony smart TV running it internally.
Are you clicking HQ/Video Formats/ and selecting the resolution you want? AFAIK, there is no automatic resolution yet with STN.

rrkas

Feb 10, 2015
Are you talking about Smart YouTube TV or SmartTubeNext?
Maybe it's your device's limitation. I can get that Starlit video to play in 4k/60 just fine on my 2015 Sony smart TV running it internally.
Are you clicking HQ/Video Formats/ and selecting the resolution you want? AFAIK, there is no automatic resolution yet with STN.
I'm using Smart Youtube TV, haven't tried SmartTubeNext because I think it looks quite ugly. And I'm on a Nvidia Shield which with the original Youtube app plays everything just fine (except for HDR for some reason). I have tried selecting another resolution but 720p is the max I can choose :\

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
My SmartTubeNext stop working today.It's open but not playing links.
Tried downgrade or clear cache...same.
YouTube OK.

Btw,

SmartTubeNext 11.37 is out....

- Unplayable videos fix......let see.....!

Edit:
Yea....IS WORKING !
(y)
Seemse also lagging in live videos and history links fix.....
Thanks @yuliskov

Last edited:
Reactions: CuF

thompsr2

Jul 7, 2012
My SmartTubeNext stop working today.It's open but not playing links.
Tried downgrade or clear cache...same.
YouTube OK.

Btw,

SmartTubeNext 11.37 is out....

- Unplayable videos fix......let see.....!

Edit:
Yea....IS WORKING !
(y)
Seemse also lagging in live videos and history links fix.....
Thanks @yuliskov

Did you do anything to get it working? The app will open on my Shield TV but the videos never play. Clearing cache and performing a reboot has had no effect.

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
I DIDN'T have a problem on my one device until I installed 11.37. Now half the videos I click on won't play.
It might be time to install a several version older release until the author sorts this issue out.
Edit: Or try 11.39. You typed faster than I did stasiof.
Edit 2: 11.39 WAS the version that started causing me problems.
11.40 is out now with Unplayable video fix #4. (It does work for me.)
LOL.

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
My 11.33 stop playing ,installed previous versions , so when 11.37 came ,I updated from 11.0 (11.38...11.39) and until now is OK.
Will update to 11.40....
Edit:
11.40 live TV ok for me.
Some HDR/HLG videos can't play, or hard to start.

Last edited:

emkorial

Mar 2, 2008
Smart YouTube TV started playing ads today. Any idea how to fix it?

And no "upgrading" to Smart YouTube Next is not an option. I would rather watch ads than see that abortion of a user interface. I hate it when devs leave a good project to start a ****ty one

the 739 version works in blocking ads but the picture is messed up because it identifies my TV as the wrong device. Anyone now ho to edit the device? Look in Settings > App version, it listse the device but it has the wrong tV which messes up the brightness and other playback

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will this fix the constant debug log dumps?
    yes..
    4wmgozfc.png

YouTube Client for Media Boxes and TV based on Android WITHOUT ADVERTISEMENT!

NFO:
    Code:
    Version: 6.17.165
    Architecture: universal
    Package: com.liskovsoft.videomanager
    Min: Android 4.0
    DPI: nodpi
    Download:
    AFH
    thanks.any chance of background playback?
    OP updated with v6.17.48
    OP updated with v6.17.52
    OP updated with v6.17.54

Track Updates via Telegram Group:
    https://t.me/r3l3as3s