• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APK] Smart YouTube TV - NO ADS! (Android TV)

Search This thread

Shocky2

Sep 30, 2010
Cardiff
Tried it and worked well for a bit, then the Shield starting freezing / pausing, even outside of this app.

Removing the app doesn't solve the issue, tried three factory resets and same thing happened eventually after installing this terrible app..

Fourth reset without installing this app and the shield is again working just fine and has been for weeks now, as it always did before I installed the app. I don't know want this app does to the shield but for an app to make the shield unstable, in and out of the app is not great.

I won't be touching it again.

Last edited:

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Watching a 'live' stream (but an hour behind live) tonight on STN, there was constant buffering. Had to occasionally turn it down to SD quality.
Tested my internet, wifi and YouTube actual. 'Stats for nerds' on YT showed the buffer was healthy.
STN on the other hand couldn't keep more than a few seconds of buffer according to the stats.
Tried switching between AVC and VP9 and it made little difference.
Anyone else having problems with the current version?

Last edited:

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
I have same problem in past last few versions.
Check on YouTube same live stream, no problem.
Yesterday ,I adjust every live stream to max possible video formats and push playing slider to max right.
Still testing, but looks better.No much buffering.

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
SmartTubeNext 11.74 is out....

- Unplayable videos fix #9
- New option: Settings>General>Misc>Hide short video from Subscriptions

Last edited:

thienthancongtu

May 7, 2010
• Overall the app is pretty easy to use.
THANKS FOR THAT.

**But can you please make the "Home" recommendations •Memorized• relevant to previous searches like how the original youtube app and/or smart yt TV does? (So we do not have to search manually for the SAME CONTENT EACH TIME?
• Home - Button selected should auto recalled previous searched contents and auto gives out recommended contents based on PREVIOUS SEARCHES.....

I hope you people understand what i mean..

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
• Overall the app is pretty easy to use.
THANKS FOR THAT.

**But can you please make the "Home" recommendations •Memorized• relevant to previous searches like how the original youtube app and/or smart yt TV does? (So we do not have to search manually for the SAME CONTENT EACH TIME?
• Home - Button selected should auto recalled previous searched contents and auto gives out recommended contents based on PREVIOUS SEARCHES.....

I hope you people understand what i mean..
I'm pretty sure the recommendations are whatever YouTube lists. I don't think STN customizes it.

thienthancongtu

May 7, 2010
I'm pretty sure the recommendations are whatever YouTube lists. I don't think STN customizes it.
No i mean if you searched for a specific content ( artist name etc...). Then the next time you opened STN in home section, it should show similar contents that relate to the artist's name u searched Earlier and along with similar recommendations

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
Hmm. That would be a new feature. Something like a 'suggestions based on previous searches' section.
I'd just like to see the search feature list your most recent searches when you open it.
Sometimes I accidentally back out and have to retype the search term multiple times.

thienthancongtu

May 7, 2010
• Im pretty sure if you have used the original youtube app or smart youtube tv apk you would know what i mean.

• Even you do not log in with your account (using the app as guest etc..)

• When you search for something then exit the app, then later on you open the app again. It will definitely shows relevant contents as it stores the words you searched EARLIER

thienthancongtu

May 7, 2010
20210731_120815.jpg

• Please make this suggested list

- VERTICAL DOWN for ease of navigation
--Example:
----100m
-----Mlb
-----Msnbc etc..

• Also auto refill the text if we previously search for somethine like spider man, hulk, etc..

• Home Tab should generates previous searched contents and NOT whats HoT on youtube etc.

Please take a look at below 2 Photos

Attachments

• 20210731_120923.jpg
    20210731_120923.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

stasiof

Oct 9, 2013
SmartTubeNext 11.98 is out....

- Screensaver fix
- Improve Auto frame rate
- Revert some changes from prev. release

Edit:

Attached SmartTubeNext 11.98 Stable version.

For those who's satisfied with the app in it's current state
- There is no difference between stable and beta
- Less frequent updates compared to beta
- Chinese firmware support

Attachments

• SmartTubeNext_ststable_v11.98_r.apk.zip
    12.9 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:

CuF

Aug 29, 2015
There are some live streams I like to watch, but frequently come in late. STN isn't rewindable more than 4 hours on a live stream until it has completed, although YouTube's app does not have this limitation.

Top Liked Posts