[APK Updated not tried]Finger Print Sensor Update - Works at once

Search This thread

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
I'm using THE app and I only had to scroll up.
You want a cookie?

Either way you were still wrong because it wasn't the previous post like I said. And besides, he has already responded to me directly at this point.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

As others have said the update makes a night and day difference.
What carrier and model do you have?

Last edited:

mistermidas

Apr 6, 2011
You want a cookie?

Either way you were still won't because it wasn't the previous post like I said. And besides, he has already responded to me directly at this point.

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Naw, no cookie. You stop asking stupid questions will be good enough. ??*♂️
Was only stupid to you because you were too dumb to comprehend it. Be gone troll.

Outbreak444

Dec 16, 2013
Verizon S10+ here, cannot get the update. Attempted changing language to English (UK), reboot phone, use ABD command and it said it forced but didn't see anything on phone screen. Then attempted turning phone off for 10 minutes and back on. Been on for almost 2 hours now with nothing. Oh well...

clownin72

Feb 5, 2011
You want a cookie?

Either way you were still wrong because it wasn't the previous post like I said. And besides, he has already responded to me directly at this point.

What carrier and model do you have?
Cricket

merkajoe

Nov 5, 2010
Unlocked/non-variant S10+ here. Fingerprint reads are noticebly quicker and more accurate. I do notice that the accuracy has dropped when attempting to unlock with a wet thumb/finger from water/rain.

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com
You're missing my point man, all the things you've listed can be easily tested at home in both, components quality or capacity, no matter what nameplate you stick to it. Now, being a layman, can you do that with AI controlled systems?
I think you're missing my point. Yours are more conspiracy theory than probable. My point was why doubt Samsung? Are they known for shady lies? Ultrasonic is new tech for them. Of course issues were to be expected, and that brings fixes. We get firmware updates all the time that have fixes and improvements for all types of things. Even things we didn't know needed fixing. Things that just made performance or battery life better. Since they're not known for lying or using shady tech (if so and I've missed it, please inform me) there's no reason to accuse them of doing that now. There's an update coming soon to give us some camera feature updates, manual night shot capabilities that greatly improve night or dark shots. This is an option that s10 wasn't advertised as having. Yet they're paying developers to make it happen. Why go through that if you're the type of company that's going to do what you're accusing them of? If I were you I'd buy a different phone since you can't trust Samsung. Good luck finding a phone company with a better reputation. Maybe apple? :rolleyes:

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
I think you're missing my point. Yours are more conspiracy theory than probable. My point was why doubt Samsung? Are they known for shady lies? Ultrasonic is new tech for them. Of course issues were to be expected, and that brings fixes. We get firmware updates all the time that have fixes and improvements for all types of things. Even things we didn't know needed fixing. Things that just made performance or battery life better. Since they're not known for lying or using shady tech (if so and I've missed it, please inform me) there's no reason to accuse them of doing that now. There's an update coming soon to give us some camera feature updates, manual night shot capabilities that greatly improve night or dark shots. This is an option that s10 wasn't advertised as having. Yet they're paying developers to make it happen. Why go through that if you're the type of company that's going to do what you're accusing them of? If I were you I'd buy a different phone since you can't trust Samsung. Good luck finding a phone company with a better reputation. Maybe apple? :rolleyes:

I really didn't want to continue this but you're twisting things around trying to make me look like some dumb conspiracy theory subscriber. I'm not, but yes, watching CNN rather than other crap can be very beneficial for developing higher IQ among all the people living in our great Country.

Look, no bad feelings but your point is very naive. Samsung is not a charity company, it's true that they are a big and technologically advanced company bringing a great stuff and gadgets into the world's commercial markets. The bottom line of their operations is to make money. In my original post on which you responded I brought a hypothetical scenario, 'what if' Samsung is facing S10 global problem similar to the Note 7 debacle and I offered a solution:

"Luckily, with AI technology they don't have to do a costly recalls to replace a faulty physical hardware, it is enough to slightly manipulate a few binary strings in the software, pack it it into OTA and voila – the customer is happy again. The possibility of lowering the sensor's sensitivity outweighs the costs of massive recalls. Long life to AI, the customers lack any technical means to find out about it." - that was the meaning of my original post.

You're stating that Samsung wouldn't lie, of course not, they use PR.(and not just Samsung to make it clear, we've had recently some big planes falling down and neither that company lied – it's a corporate thing)

Anyways, take it or leave it, I won't continue this conversation anymore.

edwin810

Dec 30, 2009
In NYC and I got the update for T-Mobile carrier

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190415-042603_TADownloader.jpg
    Screenshot_20190415-042603_TADownloader.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 356

Nic2112

Mar 4, 2010
Ottawa
Has anyone noticed a difference after taking off the screen protector? I received the update and it's definitely a big improvement but I would be curious to know if removing the screen protector helps as well.

le0.br4zuc4

Jun 8, 2010
Boca Raton, FL
S10+ US unlocked using it in Verizon and I'm in Maryland. Got the Galaxy Store update this morning but it was 10MB not 6.5MB like I've seen some people get

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190415-093023_TADownloader.jpg
    Screenshot_20190415-093023_TADownloader.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 238

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    100% success

Setting language English(UK)

adb shell cmd jobscheduler run -f com.samsung.android.tadownloader 4096
    USA unlocked Snapdragon here. The ADB command worked for me!

adb shell cmd jobscheduler run -f com.samsung.android.tadownloader 4096

Ran the ADB command and the notification for the update popped up immediately. Definitely worth a try if you haven't gotten it yet. Thanks to @zjhao for the tip.
    Ok, so I don't know much about running ADB commands. How would I go about running this command to prompt the notification exactly?

1. Install ADB. Follow these instructions here: https://www.xda-developers.com/install-adb-windows-macos-linux/

2. Turn on developer options on your phone. Settings > About phone > Software information > Tap on "Build number" seven times.

3. Go to Settings > Developer options. Switch on USB debugging

4. Plug your phone into your PC. It might install drivers if it's the first time. You'll see a notification pop up, requesting permissions. Accept it.

5. Open a CMD prompt on your PC. Navigate to the folder where ADB is installed:

cd c:\folder\where\ADB\is\

6. Test to make sure it's working by typing

adb devices

If everything is set up, you'll get a response with your phone's serial number.

7. Type in the command to force the fingerprint update.

wu7XBKz.jpg

I *think* those are all the steps. It's been a while since I installed ADB, so I might've forgotten a step. But once you've got it set up, there's a whole world of cool tricks you can try on your phone!
    Really? I had to read your post 3 times to see if you were joking or not. I think you'd actually LOVE to have "rain on our parade." Since nobody has the "expertise" to know if it's actually raining or not.. You've given me a lot to ponder....
    How do we know we even have an Infinity-O screen with Corning Gorilla Glass 6? I bet they actually gave us GG4 and just lied to us. Or a 4100MaH battery? They just gave us the s9 battery and re-labeled it. what about RAM? Damn do we have the 8GB or 12GB that we were sold ? Or do we have half of that and Samsung is purposely tricking us? Too much CNN lately? I can keep going.... How about accept that as issues are reported, Samsung is doing what they can to come up with a fix. They are listening to us! (maybe literally, e.g., Amazon Alexa) So far Samsung is doing a great job! This fix being part of it. Thanks Samsung!
    I lol'd
    If you guys are wondering. Check out this video for how good the update made the sensor https://youtu.be/0OALa8TBLUc
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone