[APKs][HANGOUTS] Google IO updated apps - Realtime updates - Music,Search,books,GMS

Search This thread

Ekofasc

Jun 8, 2010
I don't see why everyone wants to have a list of contacts that are "online". Your contact has the app open or not, either way you "text" them and it'll be delivered to their phone, just like sms. It doesn't matter if they're "online" (have the app open?) or not. If you're chatting back and forth with someone, you can tell from the little icon if they're viewing the conversation currently or not, and that's all you really need. I hope they don't add a list like that, it defeats the feeling of this being a texting app rather than a 90's chatting program. SMS support is coming btw ( http://phandroid.com/2013/05/16/google-hangouts-sms ), and having a list of online contacts feels even more out of place then.

tptlk hd

crimsonedge03

May 13, 2012
I downloaded and installed the apk for Google Play Services and hangouts. But every time I launch hangouts I get an error saying “Google Play services, which some of your applications rely on, is not supported by your device. Contact the manufacturer for assistance. "

I also get a message in the notification bar which asks me to update google play services to use hangouts

I've tried clearing data for Google Play Services as well as Google play framework, but still no luck.
I'm using an HTC Sensation with a custom ICS ROM.

Last edited:

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
I don't see why everyone wants to have a list of contacts that are "online". Your contact has the app open or not, either way you "text" them and it'll be delivered to their phone, just like sms. It doesn't matter if they're "online" (have the app open?) or not. If you're chatting back and forth with someone, you can tell from the little icon if they're viewing the conversation currently or not, and that's all you really need. I hope they don't add a list like that, it defeats the feeling of this being a texting app rather than a 90's chatting program. SMS support is coming btw ( http://phandroid.com/2013/05/16/google-hangouts-sms ), and having a list of online contacts feels even more out of place then.

tptlk hd

It does seem a little bit creepy - kinda like fb. Not to mention a stalkers dream...
While I appreciate that Google wants to consolidate your "google experience", I'd prefer to be the one who makes these decisions.

Last edited:

Lancerz

Dec 22, 2008
Riverdale, Ga
Hello,
I can't connect to the new services of Google Play Games with any games, I tried SuperStickMan Golf 2 and some more and all are left with a white screen (loading) until the sign in fails ("unknown error").
I have Hangouts running (that use Google Play Services) and a Google+ account linked to the google phone account.
Have a International Galaxy Note 2 with Android Revolution v17.
Anyone else with this problem?
Thanks

I'm getting the same thing. I downloaded 4 games that use the new service and when I click the sign in with G+ button it always comes back with a unknown error.

Reactions: dlt0rre

culaponk

Jul 4, 2009
So this not support yet for my device nexus s 4g?
I have update Google service from OP and get hangout from playstore but still not work.
Any clues to install this application?
e3unyze6.jpg

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hellrokr

Jul 30, 2012
A.F.K.
I have update Google service from OP and get hangout from playstore but still not work.
e3unyze6.jpg

Thanks

If I'm not wrong, then it needs a Android 4.1 minimum. What are you at?

crimsonedge03

May 13, 2012
e3unyze6.jpg

Thanks

I was having this issue too. I uninstalled Google Play Store using Titanium backup, and made sure to clear all data. Then I downloaded an APK for Google Play Store from here, installed it, and also installed the APK for Google Play Services that's attached in the OP. Rebooted my phone, and it worked :)

And I'm running ICS btw. So it's definitely not an issue with the Android version.

Reactions: culaponk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GoogleIO is live, but you're in a country without access to play music or hangouts! The app has changed loads and you can't get it from the play store! What now?

Don't worry, you can get the apks

Play Music
    What's changed?
    A whole new UI, sleeker and now looks like the Play Store
    Now supports the new Google Play Music subscription service
    Note: Users who use an equaliser like SRS, it's moved to the settings of the app
    hMWW36xnh9Z7GY_eMWIKMf3iq2F075uHX-LaGD4mfQ8M06lqNHVY_exVxFoV2zSuqdNd

Download:
    From attachments (7.9mb apk)

Google Search
    (Note: 4.1+)
    What's changed?
    - Reminders
    - Upcoming books, games etc. you might like
    - Public transport updates (selected cities)
    - Last train home (Japan only)

Download:
    Download from Dev-host

Hangouts
    (Note: Replaces Google Talk)
    Mt0qDqmoF6uoZNxnzGPDmeJewJ_YdfP_-SLqFWk41-_tihQ7mlDSYxDd9GQMKTRpgg

Download:
    Download from Dev-Host

Google Play Books
    Credit to ecs1984 for uploading this one, thank his post here
    Download from XDA

Google Play Services
    If your device did not automatically update this, you need it for the new Hangouts app
    Includes Google Play Games! (Not a standalone app! You have to use a game that supports it)
    Download from attachments

More as they come!
    Here's APK for new Play Books if you want to add to OP, version 2.8.59. Now allows uploading/importing your own ebooks and docs!

Great thread, thanks. :good:

EDIT: and a little bonus, if anyone wants the new Play Music with a transparent widget: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41458396&postcount=4698

tptlk hd
    Where's the hangouts apk? Download it and it was gmusic!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

http://d-h.st/TzS
    can anyone help me? got this error

Do you have lucky patcher or playstore patched on your device? I've got problem like you, wipe and re flash rom that I do, and success to update hangouts from playstore

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone