[APKs][HANGOUTS] Google IO updated apps - Realtime updates - Music,Search,books,GMS

Search This thread

anthony3040

Nov 7, 2011
So is the end of Google Talk? I hate the new Hangouts. It's cluttered, slow and resource hungry. GTalk was amazingly simply and effective. I removed Hangouts and installed GTalk back, disabled auto-update, but I'm wondering will Google allow us to keep the regular Talk or kill it of completely?

This new app is horrible IMO.

This might sound naive but I'm a newbie haha. How do you revert back to GTalk? I hate this new setup of hangouts.

bray424

Nov 14, 2009
You cannot. Even when you now reinstall GTalk, Google will overwrite it with Hangouts soon.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

I give it a week before someone here at xda makes a "hangouts that doesn't remove talk" mod

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

antiseen

Aug 25, 2011
Anyone getting double notifications now? I get hangouts notification as well as gtalk notification. Only thing is when I click the gtalk notification it doesn't go to anything since gtalk doesn't exist anymore.

Any way to fix it to stop the old gtalk notifications?

geemaan

Apr 4, 2010
Anyone getting double notifications now? I get hangouts notification as well as gtalk notification. Only thing is when I click the gtalk notification it doesn't go to anything since gtalk doesn't exist anymore.

Any way to fix it to stop the old gtalk notifications?

I restarted my phone and I do not get them anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

bray424

Nov 14, 2009
That's easy, it's making talk that doesn't update that's hard

Sent from my Archos G9 using Tapatalk HD

THAT'S the easy part, check your system partition, Talk is still there (and as far as I know, has never used Play Store to update), Hangouts just blocks it from running. It would probably be as simple as just renaming the talk package name.

Sent from my MB855

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
THAT'S the easy part, check your system partition, Talk is still there (and as far as I know, has never used Play Store to update), Hangouts just blocks it from running. It would probably be as simple as just renaming the talk package name.

Sent from my MB855

No, that's how it works. When you update any system app it leaves the original in the system, hence how you can uninstall updates. What you can easily do is change the package name of the original talk and install it alongside Hangouts

Sent from my Archos G9 using Tapatalk HD

ubuntuh

Mar 23, 2013
can anyone help me? got this error

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368880434557.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368880434557.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 380

sethfoxen

Nov 28, 2012
Anyone else having problems with the Google Play Music app after updating?
It crashes immediately on my stock Verizon Xperia Play.
I run fix permissions, reboot, nothing. Clear Dalvik cache, nothing. Uninstall, reinstall, nothing. Even tried converting to a user app, moving to the SD card, nothing works.
It'll boot up, show a "Force Close" dialog, continue to boot into the setup, and when I tap through the buttons, and finally press "Done" it crashes back to my launcher.
Good thing I still have a backup of the older version, but I'd like to use this new look, I like it.

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Anyone else having problems with the Google Play Music app after updating?
It crashes immediately on my stock Verizon Xperia Play.
I run fix permissions, reboot, nothing. Clear Dalvik cache, nothing. Uninstall, reinstall, nothing. Even tried converting to a user app, moving to the SD card, nothing works.
It'll boot up, show a "Force Close" dialog, continue to boot into the setup, and when I tap through the buttons, and finally press "Done" it crashes back to my launcher.
Good thing I still have a backup of the older version, but I'd like to use this new look, I like it.

There's people with the Play in the play store reviews complaining the same. I assume Google know about it now

sethfoxen

Nov 28, 2012
There's people with the Play in the play store reviews complaining the same. I assume Google know about it now

I've noticed that, but I was hoping that maybe I just wasn't doing something right, but I guess it seems to be a real problem.
But I have another play here, unlocked, with CM 7.2, from AT&T, and I updated it, and the app works perfectly. Is it just Verizon Plays?

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I've noticed that, but I was hoping that maybe I just wasn't doing something right, but I guess it seems to be a real problem.
But I have another play here, unlocked, with CM 7.2, from AT&T, and I updated it, and the app works perfectly. Is it just Verizon Plays?

Possibly, I can't say anymore, only Google would know

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GoogleIO is live, but you're in a country without access to play music or hangouts! The app has changed loads and you can't get it from the play store! What now?

Don't worry, you can get the apks

Play Music
    What's changed?
    A whole new UI, sleeker and now looks like the Play Store
    Now supports the new Google Play Music subscription service
    Note: Users who use an equaliser like SRS, it's moved to the settings of the app
    hMWW36xnh9Z7GY_eMWIKMf3iq2F075uHX-LaGD4mfQ8M06lqNHVY_exVxFoV2zSuqdNd

Download:
    From attachments (7.9mb apk)

Google Search
    (Note: 4.1+)
    What's changed?
    - Reminders
    - Upcoming books, games etc. you might like
    - Public transport updates (selected cities)
    - Last train home (Japan only)

Download:
    Download from Dev-host

Hangouts
    (Note: Replaces Google Talk)
    Mt0qDqmoF6uoZNxnzGPDmeJewJ_YdfP_-SLqFWk41-_tihQ7mlDSYxDd9GQMKTRpgg

Download:
    Download from Dev-Host

Google Play Books
    Credit to ecs1984 for uploading this one, thank his post here
    Download from XDA

Google Play Services
    If your device did not automatically update this, you need it for the new Hangouts app
    Includes Google Play Games! (Not a standalone app! You have to use a game that supports it)
    Download from attachments

More as they come!
    Here's APK for new Play Books if you want to add to OP, version 2.8.59. Now allows uploading/importing your own ebooks and docs!

Great thread, thanks. :good:

EDIT: and a little bonus, if anyone wants the new Play Music with a transparent widget: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=41458396&postcount=4698
    I don't see why everyone wants to have a list of contacts that are "online". Your contact has the app open or not, either way you "text" them and it'll be delivered to their phone, just like sms. It doesn't matter if they're "online" (have the app open?) or not. If you're chatting back and forth with someone, you can tell from the little icon if they're viewing the conversation currently or not, and that's all you really need. I hope they don't add a list like that, it defeats the feeling of this being a texting app rather than a 90's chatting program. SMS support is coming btw ( http://phandroid.com/2013/05/16/google-hangouts-sms ), and having a list of online contacts feels even more out of place then.

tptlk hd
    Where's the hangouts apk? Download it and it was gmusic!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

http://d-h.st/TzS
    can anyone help me? got this error

Do you have lucky patcher or playstore patched on your device? I've got problem like you, wipe and re flash rom that I do, and success to update hangouts from playstore

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone