[APP] [0.8] [June 26th 2010] TrophyToGo - PSN-Trophy-Viewer

Search This thread

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Just fixed another number of bugs that caused game-details not to load. You don't have to download a new version since it is server side. Just enable 'Always download game info' under temporary settings and click the games that didn't work before.

Let me know which ones are still buggy.

Any notes on stability of the new version?

Sergio76

Apr 25, 2009
Leeds
Just fixed another number of bugs that caused game-details not to load. You don't have to download a new version since it is server side. Just enable 'Always download game info' under temporary settings and click the games that didn't work before.

Let me know which ones are still buggy.

Any notes on stability of the new version?

Stability looks fine.

Will be great to have Hidden Trophys to Show.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Hidden trophies are close to impossible right now. I can list all your achieved hidden trophies as "???" with the date of achievement but i don't think that would really help. Well if you have 100% in a game i could probably also show all trophies as achieved without timestamp - though i don't even get the description for unachieved ones right now but that should be doable...

I am thinking hard on how to improve this, but without SONY offering a real API everything is always a bit more difficult than it would have to be.

Alien8d

Nov 3, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Having some problems with the program. Here's some info for you.

Running version 0.7.4 (system info in .sig)

Stores PSN ID ok. Retrieves my details / trophy info, and same with any "Friends" I add. However, unable to retrieve recent trophies, and anything to do with Game info (this always crashes the app).

Have checked every box within the app (autosync user / friend data etc) from both WLAN/USB and CELL options, and both "Download Trophy" options are greyed out.

Debug info always shows PSN user ID's with "UNPROCESSED" as the result (for both base.xml and games.xml).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Kinzo81

Nov 5, 2009
havent tried this yet but cant wait to give it ago, just a thought i had, if your having problems theres a guy on facebook by the name of Gavin Staniforth and he's done a PS3 trophy app for FB, hes seems to have had a lot of problems too but seems to have ironed out them over the past few months, could be worth having a word see if any probs youve got might be things he's done already!? if you do and cant find him then just search ps3 trophies and it'll bring it up

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Thanx for the feedback. I have been away for a week but i will release a new version in a couple of days. The new version will have a very basic trophy.image-feature, meaning that my database of trophy-pics is at this time very limited. I have a tool to improve that db but it seems to have a few issues i need to fix.

@Alien8d
when the app crashes, does ist give an error-message that could help me identify the problem?

@Kinzo81
Thanks for the tipp.

Alien8d

Nov 3, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Ok, more details as follows (reading from the top of the main screen downwards)

PSN ID - Correct info is shown, and always updates properly

Recent Trophies - Screen switches, but nothing is displayed (blank screen except for my PSN ID)

Games - Displays the following error

"An unexpected error has occured in TrophyToGo.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select details for more information. Invalid character in the given encoding. Line 1, position 2507"

Selecting "details" shows a TON of info (more than I can type out, sorry)

Friends - Selecting friends shows friends listed ok, but if I click on a friend name, it has the same error as above.

Settings - Can enable all settings, except the "trophy thumbs", which are greyed out

Force Data Update - Shows the correct connection type, and updates fine.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the info. Would you mind giving me your PSN-ID, so i can try it on my device. The error certainly sounds new to me. Maybe it is related to your account... also it could be that you have a very rare game in your list, that uses a special characters (e.g. Japanese Game). Both things should be easily fixable once found...

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
A new version that finally allows downloading of trophy-thumbs is out.
Enjoy! and please post bugs!

Alien8d

Nov 3, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Thanks for the info. Would you mind giving me your PSN-ID, so i can try it on my device. The error certainly sounds new to me. Maybe it is related to your account... also it could be that you have a very rare game in your list, that uses a special characters (e.g. Japanese Game). Both things should be easily fixable once found...
I do have games from multiple regions (ie, Europe, USA etc), but no Japanese games.

Since the update :-

PSN ID - As before, works fine

Recent Trophies - Works up until Jan 2010. Having checked my trophy history, the only games since then I've won trophies for are Peggle (US version) Split/Second, Red Dead Redemption, Borderlands and Trine (all UK versions).

Games - As before, displays the same error

Friends
- Selecting friends shows friends listed ok, but if I click on a friend name, it has the same error as above. Regardless of friend, I still get the same error (I added you, and still get the same error). My guess is, it's me, not you :)

Settings - Can now enable all settings.

Force Data Update - Shows the correct connection type, and updates fine.

-------

Have PM'd you my PSN ID

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
H.A.W.X. was the problem - should be fixed. I had the same error on my phone with your id and now it works.

Alien8d

Nov 3, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
Still getting some problems :(

Recent Trophies - Doesn't show anything more recent than Jan 2010. Seems this is related to not being registered with PS3Heroes though. Will register and see if that makes a difference.

Game Trophies - First time I select it, it works. Thereafter crashes with a new error

"An unexpected error has occured in TrophyToGo.exe. Select Quit and then restart this program, or select details for more information."
If I select it, it shows

"ObjectDisposedException at System.IO.__Error.FileNotOpen() at System.IO.FileStream.get_Length()".
The error then continues for a number of lines, indicating a memory error of some form. My HD2 has over 150k of usable RAM left.

Have also noticed you can add a "blank" friend, which, whilst not a problem I guess is still an issue.

Finally, it seems the PSN-ID is CASE sensitive. if I add in my PSN-ID all in lower case, and decide to select the various options for updating trophies BEFORE my ID has sync'd (for the first time) then the app crashes, and there is no way to recover it, without uninstalling, and re-installing. If I use the correct case for my ID, then it seems to work fine.

KUV1977

Apr 27, 2010
Thanks a lot. That is some serious feedback. I will check on those things.

Recent will never show a lot more trophies. It shows the last (about) 20 Trophies. I am thinking of creating an own database, which would enable me to change the limit - i am not sure, however, how useful that would be right now.

The game-trophies-thingy is a little weired. I tried your account on my HD2 and it worked fine. Memory shouldn't really be an issue. I have tried users with way longer trophy-lists. Still i will investigate...

SpinalRemains

Jul 1, 2010
Lynbrook, N.Y.
Hey guys

What's up guys/gals. I'm new here and wanted to say hi.

I have a Sprint Touch Pro2 and i installed this app yesterday because I game on PS3 of course. I really like this app. Very very cool. I love how there are thumbs for the games.

* AC2 trophy data doesn't seem to work on my device.

Alien8d

Nov 3, 2008
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi Pad 4
* AC2 trophy data doesn't seem to work on my device.
Yup, same here. AC2 doesn't work. Reports "There is something wrong with this trophy list"

I also get the same error with

MotorStorm : Pacific Rift
Mahjong Tales : Ancient Wisdom
Super Stardust HD

For the games listed below, it simply reports "Hidden" as the only trophy, so displays no other ones.

Tank Battles
Magic Orbz
Hyperballoid HD

My guess is that is because I have hidden trophies to unlock on these games, so it's not getting any further than that.

Sergio76

Apr 25, 2009
Leeds
Waiting for next version. :D

Recent Trophies all working good now.

Only a few Glishes on trophies but its getting better and better as you update the database for trophies.

Thanks for you work and time.

Last edited:

SpinalRemains

Jul 1, 2010
Lynbrook, N.Y.
Hmmm? Seems as if I am not getting any data next to my username now. Anyone know if this app is dead, or just my device? It did work at one point. I haven't used it in a month, but now I have no values next to my 3 spaces for level etc.... Games list is only thing working. Friends list has no values too. Thx

SPIDERTECH

Feb 21, 2008
Texas
Hmmm? Seems as if I am not getting any data next to my username now. Anyone know if this app is dead, or just my device? It did work at one point. I haven't used it in a month, but now I have no values next to my 3 spaces for level etc.... Games list is only thing working. Friends list has no values too. Thx

I just found this potentially amazing app and I'm having the same issue on a fresh install. No picture next to my psn id, and no information next to my name. Super Street Fighter IV crashed the program when exiting trophy info, but didn't do it when I tried again after restarting the app. Assassins Creed II seems to lock up the phone when downloading the data, as does Prince of Persia.

brado23

May 18, 2007
I have the same problem with certain fields being blank too off a fresh install. Also, some of my recent games don't display at all (e.g Tiger Woods 11).

Games already listed under "Games" seem to update fine, but as I mentioned Tiger Wood 11 doesn't even appear.