[APP][01/12] Manila Birthday for Leo v2.8.3

Search This thread

po3tic

May 28, 2010
London
www.hillsong.co.uk
Great work - thanks!

Hey VPAFan,

Just installed it on my HTC HD2 with the latest Artemis ROM and it all works perfectly fine.

Great idea and superbly polished software!

Thanks!

bzpwhx

Sep 8, 2009
Sense + Facebook Birthdays

hello! still not possible to grab fb birthdays from sense?? not directly from fb but from contacts with the birthday valorized from fb.
thanks

Hello I have all my friends on Facebook and altough Sense import the birthdays from Facebook Im not able to export them in Outlook with Manila Birthdays.
How came that the software doesn't see this field?
Best regards,
Thanks!
Alex:eek:

walter_g

Dec 24, 2008
Rome
Congratulations on your app.
use the version 2.8 of hd2
not shown birthday, not the LED flashes green and does not vibrate.
thanks for the help

Budniu

Sep 21, 2008
Warsaw
encyklopediawindowsphone.pl
Hi, I have problem with ver 2.8. Install on my Leo and after run program show this communication - screen ?
What's going on ?
UPD work 2.6 version.

Attachments

• Screenshot1.jpg
    Screenshot1.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

selukwe

Sep 15, 2010
Bratislava Slovakia
Is it possible for Manila Birthday to show the given event at the Calendar line on screen when turning on the device? As of now, at least with East Europe ROM 3.14 this app has to be started first in order to show the birthdays/anniversaries, although when tapping on Calendar the event is there and duly shown. But as it is now, the event can easily be overlooked if the program or the Calendar are not launched... This is the changed behaviour under ROM 3.14; with the previous v1.66 it worked OK. Or is there perhaps some tweak how it can be enabled again?

Last edited:

nobody_07

Nov 13, 2008
Thank you for your good work.

Only one question:
is it right, that i have to wait until 1. Januar 2011, if i want to mark the birthdays of the year 2011 - with age - in my outlook calendar?
If i try it now, i get only the birthdays of this year (which are marked yet).

Can you help me?

Thank you!

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Hi, I have problem with ver 2.8. Install on my Leo and after run program show this communication - screen ?
What's going on ?
UPD work 2.6 version.

Hi Budniu,
this is aproblem with "regional settings". Did you change you DateTime-Format?
Try to edit your ManilaBirthdayConfig.xml

<UseFirstDate value=true />
<FirstDate value="01.01.1901" />

I hope this helps.

greetz

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Is it possible for Manila Birthday to show the given event at the Calendar line on screen when turning on the device? As of now, at least with East Europe ROM 3.14 this app has to be started first in order to show the birthdays/anniversaries, although when tapping on Calendar the event is there and duly shown. But as it is now, the event can easily be overlooked if the program or the Calendar are not launched... This is the changed behaviour under ROM 3.14; with the previous v1.66 it worked OK. Or is there perhaps some tweak how it can be enabled again?

Hi selukwe,

if it worked fine under v1.66 , what does not work under v3.14. I do not understand what you mean.

greetz

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Thank you for your good work.

Only one question:
is it right, that i have to wait until 1. Januar 2011, if i want to mark the birthdays of the year 2011 - with age - in my outlook calendar?
If i try it now, i get only the birthdays of this year (which are marked yet).

Can you help me?

Thank you!

Hi nobody_07,

yes you are right. After the 1. Jan. 2011 you can save your Kalendarentries-selection - then delete all existing - load the saved Kalendarentries-selection and generate new entries with age.

greetz

ungureanub

Sep 25, 2007
Hi,

First, greate software!
:)

Now, I have a problem with the deletion of the calendar entries. I select all the calendar entries and then, it does not metter what I choose in the delete menu, I see a messagebox with the text that "0 entries have been deleted".

How can I delete the entries from my calendar?

Thanks again for the software.

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Hi,

First, greate software!
:)

Now, I have a problem with the deletion of the calendar entries. I select all the calendar entries and then, it does not metter what I choose in the delete menu, I see a messagebox with the text that "0 entries have been deleted". Afterwards you can create new entries with ManilaBirthday. This new created calendar entries can now deleted by ManilaBirthday.

How can I delete the entries from my calendar?

Thanks again for the software.

Hi ungureanub,

you have to go to "calendar entries". There you see all your contacts. The checked Contacts do have a calendar entry at this time. "menu - delete entries" is now the place were you can do what you want.

If non of the contacts are checked but you still have entries in your calendar, then this entries do not correspond to this version of ManilaBirthday.
Therefor you have to delete them manually.

If you still have questions, feel free to ask again.

greetz

ungureanub

Sep 25, 2007
Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but what you are saying is exactly what I did. The thing is, when I go to Calendar Entries, none of the entries is selected by default. If I select them manually, and then go to Delete entries, I always get the information that 0 Entries have been deleted.

I did not made any update to the app since I've installed it and in the calendar I have all the entries generated after I've installed it.

In the past I could update the entries in the calendar (like deleting some entries and creating new ones) but this just stopped working somehow.

What can I do?
10x

USAries

Oct 24, 2010
Problems while syncing with outlook

Hallo VPAFan,

Thank you for this cool programm. :)

I am using Manila Birthday v.2.8.1 on my HTC HD2.

I am syncing my calendar entries with ActiveSync 4.5.0 (Build 5096) to Outlook 2003 on my PC.

Unfortenately the birthday entries made by Manila Birthday on my smartphone where not synced to the PC. :confused:

I found in the forum a post (#579) from Fab55 having the same problem but I found no solution. :(

Thank you for your help.

USAries

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Hi,

Thanks for the answer, but what you are saying is exactly what I did. The thing is, when I go to Calendar Entries, none of the entries is selected by default. If I select them manually, and then go to Delete entries, I always get the information that 0 Entries have been deleted.

I did not made any update to the app since I've installed it and in the calendar I have all the entries generated after I've installed it.

In the past I could update the entries in the calendar (like deleting some entries and creating new ones) but this just stopped working somehow.

What can I do?
10x

Hi ungureanub,

one question, did you modify or delete the note of the calendar entries?

Please try the following:
- delete the existing calendar entries manually
- create new with manila birthday
- try to delete the new with manila birthday

greetz

VPAFan

Oct 22, 2007
Kassel
Hallo VPAFan,

Thank you for this cool programm. :)

I am using Manila Birthday v.2.8.1 on my HTC HD2.

I am syncing my calendar entries with ActiveSync 4.5.0 (Build 5096) to Outlook 2003 on my PC.

Unfortenately the birthday entries made by Manila Birthday on my smartphone where not synced to the PC. :confused:

I found in the forum a post (#579) from Fab55 having the same problem but I found no solution. :(

Thank you for your help.

USAries

Hi USAries,

this is an known issue of Outlook 2003. The ony thing you can do is to use Outlook 2007/2010

greetz

ungureanub

Sep 25, 2007
Hi ungureanub,

one question, did you modify or delete the note of the calendar entries?

Please try the following:
- delete the existing calendar entries manually
- create new with manila birthday
- try to delete the new with manila birthday

greetz

No, I did not changed anything.

I also thought about your suggestion, but I have a lot of entries in the calendar.

What should be the correct text in the notes field of each calendar entry?

LE: I've tried your suggestion with one entry and is working. What I've noticed is that when I go to the Calendar Entries page, none of them is selected, so I guess that the app does not sees the entries in the calendar. But all of them have a text "created by Manila Birthday" followed by some numbers.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    With the HD2, you can link contacts to facebook profiles. The birthday is grabbed from their facebook profile, however Manila Birthday doesn't recognize this. Is there a way to recognize the birthday fields that were pulled from facebook?

Hi Foschi91,

please search and/or read the thread. There is everything said about Facebook contacts.

greetz