• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[APP][08 Jun] ★ Unofficial Reicast (Dreamcast emulator) ★ <><> (compiled from source)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

AndroidGX

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
[APP][08 Jun] ★ Unofficial Reicast (Dreamcast emulator) ★ <><> (compiled from source)

reicast.png

250px-Dreamcast-Console-Set.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi there,

Since Google Play updates from this excellent Dreamcast emulator are slow to be released officially and considering people are missing the great improvements between each of them, I decided to compile the APK directly from their Github source and share it to XDA community.

I will try to release the new APK once (I will have enough free-time, of course) new commits will be out :cowboy:

Filename will always be the same and attached into first post, so please always check edited date (and hour) from this post.
(I will announce it on this thread everytime I will upload a new version)

★ ACTUAL BUILD ★ :
underlinew.png

★ INFORMATIONS ★ :
underlinew.png

• No changelog here but you can see latest commits from the team HERE.
  • All credits goes to the whole REICAST TEAM developers and contributors.
  • All informations can be found directly from their OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
  • Official wiki of the emulator can be found HERE.
  • Official forum of the app can be found HERE.

★ NOTES ★ :
underlinew.png

• These releases are not official, consider them a bit like CyanogenMod "nighty" releases (check google if you don't know), so as always : install at your own risk !
  • Beware : since my signature is no more the same as the official Googe Play APK, you will need to uninstall official version firstly (if already installed) and then install mine. Note that you may lose Google Play official updates benefits aswell !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

★ MY PERSONAL TIPS ★ :
underlinew.png

• How to get the new button maps png ? check THIS.
  • How to play "PowerStone 2" game ? choose 50hz option at the beginning menu (thx @daillest319).

Need supports ? all kind of questions must be posted on this thread directly. Be sure to read at least completely this first post before asking any question.
If you enjoy this app, don't forget to rate this thread
rating_5.png
stars
, and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below) is always appreciated to keep this thread maintained ;)

Last edited:

wilzard

Mar 5, 2011
Portland
www.facebook.com
Hi there,

Since Google Play updates from this excellent Dreamcast emulator are slow to be released officially and considering people are missing the great improvements between each of them, I decided to compile the APK directly from their Github source and share it to XDA community.
I will try to release the new APK at least 1 times a day since their great developers are commiting things hour by hours :cowboy:
Filename will always be the same and attached into first post, so please always check edited date (and hour) from this post.

• All credits goes to the whole Reicast team developers.
  • All informations can be found directly from their official website.

Note : These releases are not official, consider them a bit like a CyanogenMod "nighty" releases (check google if you don't know).
Beware : since my signature is no more the same as the official GoogePlay APK, you will need to uninstall official version firstly (if already installed) and then install mine. Note that you will lose GooglePlay official updates benefits aswell.

Happy Dreamcast fun ! :good: ;)
I'm going to try this out, ty.

Reactions: DarkCajjun

flexxoo

May 15, 2010
California
Hi there,

I will try to release the new APK at least 1 times a day since their great developers are commiting things hour by hours :cowboy:

• All credits goes to the whole Reicast team developers.
  • All informations can be found directly from their official website.

Note : These releases are not official, consider them a bit like a CyanogenMod "nighty" releases (check google if you don't know).
Beware : since my signature is no more the same as the official GoogePlay APK, you will need to uninstall official version firstly (if already installed) and then install mine. Note that you will lose GooglePlay official updates benefits aswell.

Happy Dreamcast fun ! :good: ;)

You are the man thanks!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Still making my Xperia Z Ultra restart (snapdragon 800). Cant wait until something fixes that ..I love this emu and its potential. Even my watch can run it :D

shaolin95

Apr 5, 2010
Utah
Oh yes I have been reporting it before and he thinks is some issue on how the driver deals with errors in the program or somethign like that but at least I know it is for all of us with the Ultra (not sure if all dragon 800s as well).

Reactions: AndroidGX

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Oh yes I have been reporting it before and he thinks is some issue on how the driver deals with errors in the program or somethign like that but at least I know it is for all of us with the Ultra (not sure if all dragon 800s as well).

AFAIK reicast is only for arm v7a processors, maybe snapdragon 800 is not supported by the emulator yet?
No problem here on my S3 GT-I9300, feeling lucky, heh :good:

AndroidGX

Jun 24, 2010
★ Montpellier ★
Still have the old pad with your latest build :(. Wrong link?
To get the new pad, you will have to manually delete "buttons.png" from your "data" dc folder, and re-install the APK to get the new png :good:
I'am sure that on final official r6, they will do something about this to automatically remove the older png for the newer one.

Sadly it works on my Prime TF201, my ZGPAX S5 watch but on my phone it has that issue which is where I really wanted to use it :D
I will pray for you then :highfive:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

reicast.png

250px-Dreamcast-Console-Set.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi there,

I will try to release the new APK once (I will have enough free-time, of course) new commits will be out :cowboy:

(I will announce it on this thread everytime I will upload a new version)

★ ACTUAL BUILD ★ :
    underlinew.png

★ INFORMATIONS ★ :
    underlinew.png

• All credits goes to the whole REICAST TEAM developers and contributors.
    • All informations can be found directly from their OFFICIAL WEBSITE.
    • Official wiki of the emulator can be found HERE.
    • Official forum of the app can be found HERE.

★ NOTES ★ :
    underlinew.png

• These releases are not official, consider them a bit like CyanogenMod "nighty" releases (check google if you don't know), so as always : install at your own risk !
    • Beware : since my signature is no more the same as the official Googe Play APK, you will need to uninstall official version firstly (if already installed) and then install mine. Note that you may lose Google Play official updates benefits aswell !

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -​

★ MY PERSONAL TIPS ★ :
    underlinew.png

• How to get the new button maps png ? check THIS.
    • How to play "PowerStone 2" game ? choose 50hz option at the beginning menu (thx @daillest319).

Need supports ? all kind of questions must be posted on this thread directly. Be sure to read at least completely this first post before asking any question.
    If you enjoy this app, don't forget to rate this thread
    rating_5.png
    stars
    , and clicking the 'thanks' button (right below) is always appreciated to keep this thread maintained ;)
    UPDATE

APK updated !
    Enjoy ! :good:
    UPDATE

APK updated !
    UPDATE

APK updated !
    UPDATE

APK updated !

Let's see if it solves that... (I hope so :angel:)
    Cheers'