[APP][1.1] AutoMagisk - Auto-disable Magisk's root when certain apps are running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DrSeussFreak

I've the exact contrary: the 1st run always works, while switching to pogo works for several tens of minutes and then stop working. When it doesn't work, automagisk is disabling and enabling back root in less that one seconds. Hopefully, I usually notice it right away and can go back to the home screen without pogo noticing the root. I then have to close pogo and start it from scratch to have automagisk working again for some time.
Quite strange...

It used to work for me on the second launch,*after I would get logged off when it failed. Now, it just fails.

Last edited:

Quinny899

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jan 26, 2011
Salford, Greater Manchester, UK
quinny898.co.uk
Just failed payment for me right now. I see that it says root disabled and I can add cards though.

Root has probably been disabled after the payment failed. The only thing that seems to work right now is to either have the Android Pay app already open when you go to pay or to turn on the option in the AutoMagisk's settings to disable root when the screen is locked, and then pay from the screen being off

In a totally unrelated note, Magisk has its own subforum now and the mods have redirected this topic to there :)

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I used Android Pay for the first time yesterday at a McDonald's with no problems.

I turned root off with Magisk before approaching the counter and had Android Pay started and ready to use.

Never used xposed on this phone so that is not loaded.

koko115

Jul 1, 2012
I have magisk manager installed also to. And some times Auto Magisk unformately crash.. I must uninstall Magisk Manager, and this fix my problem ?

trainpunk

Dec 27, 2015
Athens
Why not just use the normal magisk and turn it on and off when you want to play PoGo or use android pay?? I know it is a bit tedious to do but it looks like trying to automate even that brings more trouble rather than helping :/

I appreciate your effort and i am not trying to undermine your work... it is just that to me it seems that the procedure you have to follow to make it work (open app,close app,screen on , screen off) etc...consumes more time than actually opening magisk and on/off the root toggle

Reactions: joshuaw84

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
Why not just use the normal magisk and turn it on and off when you want to play PoGo or use android pay?? I know it is a bit tedious to do but it looks like trying to automate even that brings more trouble rather than helping :/

I appreciate your effort and i am not trying to undermine your work... it is just that to me it seems that the procedure you have to follow to make it work (open app,close app,screen on , screen off) etc...consumes more time than actually opening magisk and on/off the root toggle

The screen off thing isn't required for anything but Android Pay. And it's there as a workaround because Magisk doesn't get disabled in time

Quinny899

Jan 26, 2011
quinny898.co.uk
I just released build 1.1 to XDA Labs, and Google Drive (using the same link which is neat).

1.1 Changelog said:
- Added toggle widget
- Added option to add a shortcut that disables root BEFORE opening an app to the desktop
- Added lazy loading for those of you with hundreds of apps
- Removed Superuser check, should now work with SuperSU
- Added 17 new default enabled apps. If migrating from 1.0 you need to use "Re-add defaults" for this to work
- Added LastPass as a default ignore. If migrating from 1.0 you need to use "Re-add defaults" for this to work

I'll also upload it to APKMirror if anyone has Pushbullet alerts for there

I'm looking into an "invert" mode, and whether it's possible (it should be), expect that soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AutoMagisk no longer works, as Magisk stopped supporting this method in v8

AutoMagisk
    Automatically disable Magisk root when certain apps, such as Android Pay or Pokemon Go are running to bypass SafetyNet

Note: You MUST have Magisk installed, with an unmodified system and Phh's Superuser. This is very important, AutoMagisk will NOT work otherwise.
    Confused on how to do this? See this Android Police guide

Note: Using android pay to pay only works from the screen off with the option enabled in AutoMagisk's settings to disable root when the screen is off. If you try to pay with the screen already on from an app which does not have root disabled, AutoMagisk will NOT disable root in time and you will get rejected.

AutoMagisk has the following features:
    - Disable Magisk root when an app is launched and re-enable it when an app that's not also set to disable is launched (usually when the app is closed again)
    - Disable Magisk root when the screen is locked (optional, enable in the settings), to probably allow Android Pay to work from the screen being off
    - Ignore certain apps: Say you have Pokemon Go set to disable root, and you open Facebook's chat heads, with Pokemon Go behind it. Root will not be disabled, but if you open Messenger without Go being open in the background, root will not be disabled
    - Notification when root is disabled (can be turned off in the settings), as a reminder

How does it achieve this?
    - An AccessibilityService to monitor app launch
    - A background service/broadcast receiver for the screen turning off (turning back on is handled when an app is launched)
    Because it uses an AccessibilityService, you MUST enable it in settings. You will be prompted to do this when launching AutoMagisk.

Apps with root disabled by default:
    Android Pay
    Google Play Services
    Pokemon Go
    NatWest
    NatWest Offshore
    Isle of Man Bank
    Ulster Bank

Apps ignored by default:
    Twilight
    Facebook Messenger
    System UI

Screenshots:
    JLMLK9dl.png
    9EwMB23l.png
    jZeiPEbl.png

Still confused? Watch this video to show it in action

Download from Google Drive (Also available on XDA Labs)
    I just released build 1.1 to XDA Labs, and Google Drive (using the same link which is neat).

1.1 Changelog said:
    - Added toggle widget
    - Added option to add a shortcut that disables root BEFORE opening an app to the desktop
    - Added lazy loading for those of you with hundreds of apps
    - Removed Superuser check, should now work with SuperSU
    - Added 17 new default enabled apps. If migrating from 1.0 you need to use "Re-add defaults" for this to work
    - Added LastPass as a default ignore. If migrating from 1.0 you need to use "Re-add defaults" for this to work

I'll also upload it to APKMirror if anyone has Pushbullet alerts for there

I'm looking into an "invert" mode, and whether it's possible (it should be), expect that soon
    Since root toggling is removed from v7, I'd say: no.

Yup. This kills the app.

I'll leave this thread and the app up for anyone who's running v6 and doesn't want to update but for now I'm locking it because I don't want similar rants in here about it being removed as in the main thread.

And as per my normal policy with my other apps that need old software to work, it won't get updated
    Could there be an option to keep root disabled by default and only enable for applications that require root?

Potentially, it's something I could look into adding
    It doesn't fit, it's one character below the limit

Easy: change "Automatically" to "Auto" :p