[APP][1.1] AutoMagisk - Auto-disable Magisk's root when certain apps are running

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tfae

Feb 14, 2015
OnePlus 8 Pro
I just released build 1.1 to XDA Labs, and Google Drive (using the same link which is neat).

I'll also upload it to APKMirror if anyone has Pushbullet alerts for there

I'm looking into an "invert" mode, and whether it's possible (it should be), expect that soon

Thanks! Put the version on the topic title, it will be easier to spot new versions. ;)

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Thank you! Quick question: It can not to be published on Google Play?
There's fear that it violates ToS and would get removed. I don't think it would because it's only toggling an option from another app. This has no direct effect on enabling root or breaking safety net. Without Magisk, this app does nothing. Plus superuser and SuperSU apps are on playstore and offer root binary updates, which break safetynet directly.

oTeMpLo

Mar 30, 2012
Maribor
Latest version (1.1) uses way to much ram running running background 40-70 MB ? Can ram usage be optimized ?

I'm not sure if this is out of scope for this app, but any chance you could add the ability to toggle NFC for Android Pay? I know I can leave it enabled all the time and there's minimal battery drain, but on my Xperia Z5, the NFC icon is literally the only one I can't hide so I'd like to be able to enable/disable it with the launch of Android Pay. Maybe it could be an extra option when creating a shortcut with AutoMagisk?

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

I just came across this (5 days late apparently), but it looks like the next version of Magisk Manager will have some sort of auto-unroot according to @topjohnwu's post. It might be a good idea to touch base with him and see if you can help out somehow.

Cares

Dec 2, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
Google Pixel 4a
Root has probably been disabled after the payment failed. The only thing that seems to work right now is to either have the Android Pay app already open when you go to pay or to turn on the option in the AutoMagisk's settings to disable root when the screen is locked, and then pay from the screen being off

In a totally unrelated note, Magisk has its own subforum now and the mods have redirected this topic to there :)

I opened Android Pay first and then went to the NFC terminal. It does not let me pay. It does clearly show that root is disabled and I can add cards. Not sure what the issue is.

Kobba

Jul 29, 2016
Does it allow me to play Pokemon go in a rooted device?
And what is Magisk? Can I install it only to use this autommatically root disable app?
Sorry, newbie here

Last edited:

gk1984

Jan 4, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Does it allow me to play Pokemon go in a rooted device?
And what is Magisk? Can I install it only to use this autommatically root disable app?
Sorry, newbie here
Magisk is a new framework for modifying the system without actually modifying the system. There is a root method that supports magisk. This means that you can root and unroot with the flip of a switch and not reboot for it to take effect.

This app auto toggles root off on a per app basis.

But please, for the love of God and common sense, do you due diligence in reading before diving in or asking questions. Been getting a lot of Pokémon players asking the same damn questions that have been answered time and time again.

Reactions: Didgeridoohan

KeyzerSuze

Sep 17, 2010
Sydney
Its worked once for me and now, no more. not sure what the issue is.

I start Pokemon go and says I can't play. if I use magisk manager and turn off root it works. - but I have to disable automagisk.

What would be nice is a tasker interface into magisk .. Then I can do this from there.

I start Pokemon go and says I can't play. if I use magisk manager and turn off root it works. - but I have to disable automagisk.

What would be nice is a tasker interface into magisk .. Then I can do this from there.

Check this: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/comments/51ue1w/howto_toggle_root_status_quickly_using_magisk/
Or this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/magisk-phh-s-superuser-android-pay-t3435921/post68584855

blk_jack

XDA Labs & Feed Dev/RD
Jun 7, 2010
Toronto
I just released build 1.1 to XDA Labs, and Google Drive (using the same link which is neat).

I'm looking into an "invert" mode, and whether it's possible (it should be), expect that soon

Hey man, I'm not seeing it in Labs. Make sure you have at least 1 build enabled (both 1.0 and 1.1 builds are disabled). Every time you release a new version, you just need to upload a new build and the backend will point users towards whatever is versioned the highest for whatever release channel they subscribe to (alpha/beta/release).

Hope that helps!

Attachments

• GLh8Ao8.png
    GLh8Ao8.png
    48.9 KB · Views: 207

highdiver_2000

Aug 10, 2012

I use Auto Magisk only. Did not flash Magisk manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AutoMagisk no longer works, as Magisk stopped supporting this method in v8

AutoMagisk
    Automatically disable Magisk root when certain apps, such as Android Pay or Pokemon Go are running to bypass SafetyNet

Note: You MUST have Magisk installed, with an unmodified system and Phh's Superuser. This is very important, AutoMagisk will NOT work otherwise.
    Confused on how to do this? See this Android Police guide

Note: Using android pay to pay only works from the screen off with the option enabled in AutoMagisk's settings to disable root when the screen is off. If you try to pay with the screen already on from an app which does not have root disabled, AutoMagisk will NOT disable root in time and you will get rejected.

AutoMagisk has the following features:
    - Disable Magisk root when an app is launched and re-enable it when an app that's not also set to disable is launched (usually when the app is closed again)
    - Disable Magisk root when the screen is locked (optional, enable in the settings), to probably allow Android Pay to work from the screen being off
    - Ignore certain apps: Say you have Pokemon Go set to disable root, and you open Facebook's chat heads, with Pokemon Go behind it. Root will not be disabled, but if you open Messenger without Go being open in the background, root will not be disabled
    - Notification when root is disabled (can be turned off in the settings), as a reminder

How does it achieve this?
    - An AccessibilityService to monitor app launch
    - A background service/broadcast receiver for the screen turning off (turning back on is handled when an app is launched)
    Because it uses an AccessibilityService, you MUST enable it in settings. You will be prompted to do this when launching AutoMagisk.

Apps with root disabled by default:
    Android Pay
    Google Play Services
    Pokemon Go
    NatWest
    NatWest Offshore
    Isle of Man Bank
    Ulster Bank

Apps ignored by default:
    Twilight
    Facebook Messenger
    System UI

Screenshots:
    JLMLK9dl.png
    9EwMB23l.png
    jZeiPEbl.png

Still confused? Watch this video to show it in action

Download from Google Drive (Also available on XDA Labs)

1.1 Changelog said:
    - Added toggle widget
    - Added option to add a shortcut that disables root BEFORE opening an app to the desktop
    - Added lazy loading for those of you with hundreds of apps
    - Removed Superuser check, should now work with SuperSU
    - Added 17 new default enabled apps. If migrating from 1.0 you need to use "Re-add defaults" for this to work
    - Added LastPass as a default ignore. If migrating from 1.0 you need to use "Re-add defaults" for this to work

Since root toggling is removed from v7, I'd say: no.

Yup. This kills the app.

I'll leave this thread and the app up for anyone who's running v6 and doesn't want to update but for now I'm locking it because I don't want similar rants in here about it being removed as in the main thread.

And as per my normal policy with my other apps that need old software to work, it won't get updated
    Could there be an option to keep root disabled by default and only enable for applications that require root?

Potentially, it's something I could look into adding
    It doesn't fit, it's one character below the limit

Easy: change "Automatically" to "Auto" :p