[APP] [1-5-09] Start Menu and OK/Close Button Sender

lotion

Jun 1, 2006
Boston, MA
I'm a left handed owner of a Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) and I got sick of having to try to hit the little x button when using my device one-handed.

As a result, I made these two tiny (4k) native c++ applications that open the start menu and hit the OK/Close button. That's it. Nice and simple. Works ideally for me with the (useless) PTT button located on the left side below the volume rocker -- perfect thumb positioning! I've mapped the start button executable to PTT short-press and ok/close to PTT long-press and I couldn't be happier.

I'm sure there must be other solutions already available but I looked around a bit and couldn't find an easy one so I made my own instead.

The zip contains two files:
skey.exe opens the start menu.
okey.exe hits the ok/close button.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: ed1976ed

LordDeath

Nov 30, 2006
I wish, I could assign your start button executable to the Home button, because it does the same as the End Call Button. :(

KyleX

Mar 14, 2007
I can't find this button, can you show me on a pic please? Thanks.
Edit: Never mind, I thought this was in the Touch Diamond section, I also thought the Touch Pro was identical besides the keyboard and the flash.

Last edited:

tatarasi

Dec 15, 2008
Home button

I'm a left handed owner of a Touch Pro (AT&T Fuze) and I got sick of having to try to hit the little x button when using my device one-handed.

As a result, I made these two tiny (4k) native c++ applications that open the start menu and hit the OK/Close button. That's it. Nice and simple. Works ideally for me with the (useless) PTT button located on the left side below the volume rocker -- perfect thumb positioning! I've mapped the start button executable to PTT short-press and ok/close to PTT long-press and I couldn't be happier.

I'm sure there must be other solutions already available but I looked around a bit and couldn't find an easy one so I made my own instead.

The zip contains two files:
skey.exe opens the start menu.
okey.exe hits the ok/close button.

Enjoy!

Hi, thank you very much for these files, there are really helpful.

I was wondering, is it possible to make an application as in "Home" button, to get you back to the Today screen?
And one for the "Back" button, maybe?

I am not sure if those applications already exist in Windows folder, somebody knows?

thank you very much

Last edited:

Kraize

Dec 5, 2007
California
Alright for lefties! Thanks so much! I also hate how everything is so right-handed oriented :( Like the TF3D tabs too. The people are on the right side :| And everything else too.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone