• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][1.6+] Facebook Ticker for Andriod

Search This thread

vNa5h

Dec 2, 2011
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.cpiacente.fticker

Did you ever wanted to stay updated with whatever your friends do on Facebook? Now with Facebook Ticker for Android you can!!

This app allows you to follow the Facebook ticker stream that you can find in the upper right corner of the Facebook desktop site. The Facebook ticker includes all the updates regarding your friends, updates you will not find in your Facebook home page or in any other Facebook mobile app. (right now they are only available on the desktop site of Facebook)

Simply login with your Facebook credentials and the app will display you the latest real-time actions of your friends/pages you like. You can scroll up to fetch new updates, or scroll down and let the app fetch older updates.

This is the first version of this app, new features will soon be available...please suggest some in comments.

Connection problems:
A small number of users are experiencing connection issues, i'm working on this problem, please be patient. :)

ATTENTION PLEASE:

-----THIS IS NOT AN OFFICIAL FACEBOOK APP.------

The credentials are NOT stored anywhere. Only the email will be stored on your phone.

This app needs permission to connect to internet to login to your Facebook account and to download the ticker stream. All the connections to facebook are secured using https. The app also connects to an google ad server to display ads on the bottom of the app. No other connections are established. These are the only connection taking places : you->facebook, you->googleAdServer.
Your data is safe and sound. If you don't trust this app ... just don't use it ;)

All the trademarks used in this app are the property of their respective holders.

APP by https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Cristian+Piacente

PS : IM not the app creator....

Last edited:

BlackMaster1991

Feb 26, 2012
i think that the ticker is somekind of stalker feature?! i mean, it's better not to know what others do all the time

cpiacente

Feb 16, 2011
Milan
www.tech4web.it
I just published an app "Facebook ticker" that shows you the ticker stream of facebook.

It still has basic functionalities, but i'm going to implement new features

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.cpiacente.fticker

Hope you like it

vNa5h

Dec 2, 2011
This makes me think twice to install the app
TJxDywZ6m58flskqQDsltbZHblfL5ZNM2f66uR-Yid2HfDVw0ZwPjchkF5SHouWTsUOh=h230

Y no official facebook login

Reactions: Driv

vNa5h

Dec 2, 2011
This app is probably fake I guess...maybe used to steal passwords

Sent from my Blade using Tapatalk 2

cpiacente

Feb 16, 2011
Milan
www.tech4web.it
I'm the developer it's not the official facebook login page because you cannot access the ticker stream from the standard facebook api, else any other facebook app would have had that stream right?

That's why the basic authentication values are needed.

No worries i don't steal passwords, i would be stupid to publish such app with my personal account.

Any android developer can check that no other communication than towards facebook and google ad servers are made.

;)

Last edited:

NakedFaerie

Mar 26, 2005
I'm after the opposite, well sortof.
I want a way to remove the ticker from the facebook app. On a Samsung tablet (Note 10.1 2014 ed) when you split screen 2 apps you cant see your timeline as the bloody ticker takes up most of the screen. You get a column of letters and small words.

I've been searching for a way to remove the ticker but cant find any. Does anyone have an idea?
I'm trying to remove it from the Android app NOT chrome. I got an extension which does that nicely, its the android app I want to remove the ticker from.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.