• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

Search This thread

j.i.wilson

Feb 28, 2010
Salisbury, Wiltshire
MM Tracker on ICS

I have just installed MMT (paid for version) on my HTC One X (lush!)

Works fine except I cannot access the menu, which, I presume, is entered using the green triangle at the top right of the screen.

Details of the installation are:

Android version = 4.0.3
HTC Sense version = 4.0
Software number = 1.28.161.9
HTC SDK API level = 4.12

MM Tracker = difficult to say because I cannot access it! Downloaded from AndroidPit on 8th June 2012.

BTW

I have used MM original for many years. It was what bound me to WinMob. Now MMT binds me to Android!! Says it all really - what a brilliant program, wish I had changed sooner.

Many thanks for your efforts.

Ian

sent from my HOX (despite what it says in sig - forgot to change it! lol))

SSThing

Jan 16, 2012
Hello all,
if you are looking for MM Tracker in Google play and can not find it, it is because it was removed by request of Mr. Ray Badmonton from Memory-Map.

Here the content of his claim:
Memory-Map computer software and Ordnance
Survey map data. Copyright Memory-Map and Ordnance Survey. Both our own
(Memory-Map) and Ordnance Survey (HM Government) End User Licence
Agreements prohibit the copying or use of the Memory-Map formatted Ordnance
Survey map data outside of the official Memory-Map software applications.
The Map Man 'MM Tracker' suite of applications openly promotes the ability
to illegally copy and use said Memory-Map Ordnance Survey map data within
their application. Memory-Map is a registered trademark of EVO Distribution
Limited. Ordnance Survey is part of HM Government, UK.

I am currently clarifying this with Google.

Regards,
Michael

This is frustrating. I have just had restore my phone and found that MMT is no longer on Play, how do I download from AndroidPit without having to pay again?
Cheers
SST

Moleshome

Jan 2, 2007
Wokingham
Doesn't work on S3

Well, having successfully tried the free version of MM Tracker I stumped up the cash for the paid version ...

... Which doesn't work.

Code:
D/dalvikvm(19607): Trying to load lib /data/data/com.meixi/lib/libqcttile.so 0x418ed770
D/dalvikvm(19607): Added shared lib /data/data/com.meixi/lib/libqcttile.so 0x418ed770
D/dalvikvm(19607): No JNI_OnLoad found in /data/data/com.meixi/lib/libqcttile.so 0x418ed770, skipping init
I/dalvikvm(19607): threadid=1: stack overflow on call to Lcom/meixi/TileQueueManager;.UpdateTileList:VIIIIDIII
I/dalvikvm(19607):   method requires 212+20+16=248 bytes, fp is 0x50c513ac (172 left)
I/dalvikvm(19607):   expanding stack end (0x50c51300 to 0x50c51000)
I/dalvikvm(19607): Shrank stack (to 0x50c51300, curFrame is 0x50c54ec4)
D/AndroidRuntime(19607): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm(19607): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40c5f1f8)

Map Man

Oct 3, 2010
Well, having successfully tried the free version of MM Tracker I stumped up the cash for the paid version ...

... Which doesn't work.

I am currently working on a fix for this problem.
It seems to affect only Galaxy S3 and Note with ICS as far as i learned from user feedback.
As i do not own any of those devices, debugging is not too straight forward ;)

Best regards,
Michael

Soupe

Oct 27, 2009
Hi Michael, that's fantastic news!
If it helps I've reverted to v1.2.2 which runs fine on my Galaxy S3.
Thanks for looking into this issue.

Best wishes
Sean

B3r3n

May 30, 2009
I am currently working on a fix for this problem.
It seems to affect only Galaxy S3 and Note with ICS as far as i learned from user feedback.
As i do not own any of those devices, debugging is not too straight forward ;)

Best regards,
Michael

Hi Michael,

On my side, the free version fails as well on a S3.
When I run it, it endlessly loops into the welcome page.
run -> Welcomepage -> click -> welcomepage -> ...

It's very frustrating, I was about to leave for a big hike and I'm stuck without electronic card. :-(

I did not tested the paid version since the free one does not work yet.
Can you help ?

Thanks

j.i.wilson

Feb 28, 2010
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Further to my post #342.

I was mistaken, it works perfectly on ICS on HTC One X.

Lack of knowledge of both MMT and Android

Sorry if this wasted anyone's time.

Can't believe how fast the GPS gets first fix.

One plea for additional features (it may be mentioned alreday).

How's about a facility to read TIFF or convert JPG to QCT?

Could bring an awful lot of mapping to the table!

Cheers and thanks again for a great program.

Map Man

Oct 3, 2010
MM Tracker Version 1.10.4 available

Version 1.10.4 of MM Tracker is available.
Galaxy S3 issue is fixed. Galaxy Notes user are welcome to test ;)

Because of known reasons the update is only available via AndroidPit.

Cheers, Michael

Reactions: straxusii

MadStu

Sep 15, 2007
MadStu.net
Awesome dude :) And I just received my sgs3 too!

I just purchased again on android pit, I won't ask for refund on google play because this is my most favourite app ever!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Moleshome

Jan 2, 2007
Wokingham
Version 1.10.4 of MM Tracker is available.
Galaxy S3 issue is fixed. Galaxy Notes user are welcome to test ;)

Because of known reasons the update is only available via AndroidPit.

Cheers, Michael

Michael,

Many thanks, It's now working on my S3.

If I may make a few comments. These are very much based on first impressions and may have been mentioned previously.

Directory locations - Why does it allow me to select the external SD card for maps while Routes, Tracks and Waypoints are restricted to the internal memory?

Night mode - Selecting night mode initially appears to have no effect, it is only when the screen is repainted e.g. by scrolling off the current area that the newly visible area changes to night mode. The same thing happens in reverse where turning night mode off has no effect until a repaint occurs.

Visible map - When leaving the extents of one map and entering another map area it appears to require a manual step to load the next map. Being completely new to MM Tracker have I missed an option somewhere to auto load the next map?

Again, many thanks for what looks like a great app.

Last edited:

Soupe

Oct 27, 2009
Awesome dude :) And I just received my sgs3 too!

I just purchased again on android pit, I won't ask for refund on google play because this is my most favourite app ever!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

+1, more than happy to pay again for your fantastic support.
Thanks working great :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

gadgetuk437

Dec 29, 2006
Devon/Cornwall border, UK
I just purchased again on android pit, I won't ask for refund on Google play because this is my most favorite app ever!

Me 3
Just have to work out how to do it!

Androidpit is saying update is not possible,
you haven't purchased this app via the App Centre
(but probably via Google's Android Market)

I'm guessing I will have to uninstall the old version before it will let me download the new one... yes?

And now I find out I cant register (something seems to be broken at their end)

Last edited:

Moleshome

Jan 2, 2007
Wokingham
One other thing that struck me, the option to display bearing in Mils.

Not all countries use the value of 6400 mils in a circle. Sweden use 6300 whereas Russia and Finland use 6000 but apparently Finland is moving to 6400.

Sep 20, 2007
Bath
Motorola Xoom

I am running MMTracker on a Motorola Xoom running ICS 4.0.4. All sems to be OK but I am having trouble selecting the directories.
I have installed my MMTracker directories on the MicroSD card which is seen by Xoom as /mnt/external1.
Map Directory is OK as the pick routine takes you to the root and I can navigate down to the card, but Track, Routes and Waypoints takes you to the directory /sdcard/ and I then can't navigate any higher up the structure to get back down to the MicroSD card

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MMTracker 1.23.0

*Code changes required for Android 12
    *Show further information on the About form
    *Allow deletion of Waypoint packages
    *Calculate ascent for routes and tracks. Show in the relevant overlay manager
    *New elevation setting 'Elevation Distance Granularity'
    *Fix problem with convert to track/route for Android 11+
    *Allow the GPS crosshairs to be resized through GPS and Tracking settings
    *Allow the GPS crosshairs to be coloured red or black through the Colours settings
    *Allow the speed vector width to be adjusted through the Colours settings
    *Rewrite qcttile and mmiread code as 64bit to enable qct files to be up to 4GB for Android 7.0+
    *In an overlay manager (routes/tracks/waypoints) allow long hold on an overlay item
    *From the actions menu, allow Drop Pin to create a waypoint at this point
    MMTracker 1.23.0

*Code changes required for Android 12
    *Show further information on the About form
    *Allow deletion of Waypoint packages
    *Calculate ascent for routes and tracks. Show in the relevant overlay manager
    *New elevation setting 'Elevation Distance Granularity'
    *Fix problem with convert to track/route for Android 11+
    *Allow the GPS crosshairs to be resized through GPS and Tracking settings
    *Allow the GPS crosshairs to be coloured red or black through the Colours settings
    *Allow the speed vector width to be adjusted through the Colours settings
    *Rewrite qcttile and mmiread code as 64bit to enable qct files to be up to 4GB for Android 7.0+
    *In an overlay manager (routes/tracks/waypoints) allow long hold on an overlay item
    *From the actions menu, allow Drop Pin to create a waypoint at this point
    Loving the updates, thank you so much :)
    Hi there,

Amongst the many fantastic things MMT_2020 has done I notice they have added MBTile functionality.

You can download the GB basemap in Mbtile format from here:-

If you move the resultant 2+Gb file into the maps folder MMtracker displays a grid with red X's.
    Could anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial to produce a MMtracker readable file please?

I'm not a coder so this may be beyond me!

Many thanks in advance.
    MMTracker only supports MBTiles databases which contain raster tiles. The free downloads from osdatahub contain vector tiles.
    MM Tracker patch for JB 4.2

Attached is a patched version of MM Tracker 1.10.4 that should work on Android 4.2 , it does for me :)
    As it is signed with different keys to the original it can not be used to update an already installed MM tracker, you will have to uninstall any existing MMT.

Naf
    MM Tracker Current Version 1.10.6

Hello,

as Map Man is not developing any more on MM Tracker i decided to offer my support to at least keep the project alive for upcoming Android versions.
    Attached you can find the latest version 1.10.6 of MM Tracker which has not too many improvements, but will run on current Android versions.

Feel free to share and distrubute!

Cheers.
    MMTracker - 1.20.0

Please find attached

* 1.20.0 Android 11 release (backwards compatible to Android 4.4)
    *Allow Screen to stay on if power is connected (new default)
    *Power icon at bottom left of screen
    *If routepoints overlap, then only draw the first one. Helps with drawing routes on small scale maps
    *Show both km and miles on the tracking notification
    *New setting in 'Display Options' to allow the scale to always be metric, regardless of what the Distance Units are
    *Allow new button (turned on using User Interface settings), to allow 'Refresh Routes/Tracks/Waypoints'
    *Allow routes, tracks and waypoints to be shared
    *Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
    MMTracker - 1.19.6

Please find attached

* 1.19.6 Don't allow compass settings if the device doesn't have a compass
    * Always output <trkseg> element in the gpx file for a track
    * Tidy up notification handling in the tracking service
    MMTracker 1.21.0

*Cope with qct files which don't have a boundary defined
    *Allow Waypoints to be loaded from subfolders in the Waypoints directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *Allow Routes to be loaded from subfolders in the Routes directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *Now option 'View Route Data' to show basic information about the route with an option to show an elevation v distance graph
    *Allow Tracks to be loaded from subfolders in the Tracks directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *For a selected Track, new option of 'Show Trackpoints' which will show the actual trackpoints. These can be selected individually and deleted. Useful for removing rogue points in a track
    *Elevation data will be automatically downloaded if you have a WiFi connection, and placed in a new Elevations directory within your Maps directory
    *If elevation data is available, the elevation will be shown in the position window as well as in Routes
    *For mbtiles maps, move seamlessly between maps
    *Other bug fixes and performance enhancements