• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

Search This thread

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MmTracker 1.22.3

*Make waypoints semi transparent and not too small
*Correctly deal with orientation change whilst navigating or adding a route
*Encourage users to set up separate directories for Maps, Routes, Tracks and Waypoints
*New setting "Calculate track velocity" in gps settings. If set to true, then for 'Track Data' the velocity will be calculated from the individual trackpoints rather than using the GPS supplied speed data
*Show OS grid refs in Position Info box as 10 digits rather than 6
*Other bug fixes and performance enhancements

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.22.3.apk
    4.3 MB · Views: 672

j.i.wilson

Feb 28, 2010
Salisbury, Wiltshire
MmTracker 1.22.3

*Make waypoints semi transparent and not too small
*Correctly deal with orientation change whilst navigating or adding a route
*Encourage users to set up separate directories for Maps, Routes, Tracks and Waypoints
*New setting "Calculate track velocity" in gps settings. If set to true, then for 'Track Data' the velocity will be calculated from the individual trackpoints rather than using the GPS supplied speed data
*Show OS grid refs in Position Info box as 10 digits rather than 6
Great stuff MapMan, the updates seem to be getting more frequent, bring it on!! Many thanks for your work on this fantastic App, still better than the OS offering. Well done.

netwave

Thanks for another great build MMT_2020 I'm loving it! (y)

Request: Can you set an edit to show the tracking button by default in the next release please?
No biggie if not, ile just select it in the user interface each time.

What I am interested in of late is Elevations,
In my Map folder I have sub folders, named marine charts, O.S Explorer 1.25k & O.S Landranger 1.50k to name a few.
I noticed there's now an elevations folder there, yet it's contents are empty!
I'm thinking it's empty because I map categorize, yet some users just dump all there maps in one place without categorizing hence the elevations folder is there & will start filling with data.

The bulk of my map reading is via O.S explorer 1.25k & in that folder there is another Elevations folder, This ones got a .zip inside with .hgt, .mum, .swb which must be the downloaded elevations, great!

Is it alright to transfer the downloaded elevations from one device to another & expect it to work?
And....
Is there anywhere I can download a massive elevations file of the UK which will work in MMT?
Rather than consume data from my network provider!
In settings/elevation tab MMT has the option to download Elevation data via WiFI
How does this feature work?
There are next to no WIFI hot spots in the Countryside while tracking, Though didnt know if it's something that can be downloaded via WIFI at a later date after tracking has finished?
If not, finding country elevation files would be useful.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks for another great build MMT_2020 I'm loving it! (y)

Request: Can you set an edit to show the tracking button by default in the next release please?
No biggie if not, ile just select it in the user interface each time.

What I am interested in of late is Elevations,
In my Map folder I have sub folders, named marine charts, O.S Explorer 1.25k & O.S Landranger 1.50k to name a few.
I noticed there's now an elevations folder there, yet it's contents are empty!
I'm thinking it's empty because I map categorize, yet some users just dump all there maps in one place without categorizing hence the elevations folder is there & will start filling with data.

The bulk of my map reading is via O.S explorer 1.25k & in that folder there is another Elevations folder, This ones got a .zip inside with .hgt, .mum, .swb which must be the downloaded elevations, great!

Is it alright to transfer the downloaded elevations from one device to another & expect it to work?
And....
Is there anywhere I can download a massive elevations file of the UK which will work in MMT?
Rather than consume data from my network provider!
In settings/elevation tab MMT has the option to download Elevation data via WiFI
How does this feature work?
There are next to no WIFI hot spots in the Countryside while tracking, Though didnt know if it's something that can be downloaded via WIFI at a later date after tracking has finished?
If not, finding country elevation files would be useful.
Any changes you make to settings will be maintained across updates of the software, so you shouldn't need to reapply unless you un-install and re-install.

The elevation files come from NASA Earthdata and each zip file covers a 1° square of the world and gives us 30m granularity, so the City of London for example is contained in the file N51W001.SRTMGL1.hgt.zip as its lat/lng is 51.5019/-0.09828.

I hold all of my maps in a similar sounding structure to yourself and just point the MmTracker maps directory at the top of this structure. MmTracker is very good at searching out all of your maps in the structure and then keeps an internal database for its use in finding a suitable map.

Elevations are currently used by the Position Info popup as well as for the altitude graphs that you can draw for a route.

If the relevant elevation file is not available, then it will be downloaded from NASA immediately if you are Wifi connected and will only use phone data if the 'Only download over Wifi' box is unselected in the elevation settings.

None of this elevation stuff will happen at all if the 'Use Elevation Data' box is unselected!

Does that make sense?

fourlans

Oct 10, 2011
MMT_2020,
I recently completed a walk and a screenshot of the Track data as recorded is attached. The distance & elapsed time are correct but the mean velocity , the mean moving velocity, the maximum velocity and the duration moving don't seem to be quite right. I'm under the impression that mean velocity is the distance divided by the elapsed time and the mean velocity moving is the distance divided by the duration moving. How does MM Tracker calculate these numbers? Also Memory Map on my pc shows a maximum velocity of 15 mph which occurred (I think) near a building and my gps signal may have interrupted. Does MM Tracker ignore any points on the track such as this when calculating the track data and how does it identify them?

Thanks once again for a superb app.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-26-17-44-49-398_com.meixi.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-04-26-17-44-49-398_com.meixi.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 10

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Lots of things to consider here I'm afraid.

'Settings', 'GPS and Tracking', 'Track load min distance' allows you to define the granularity of points read in from a gpx track file.
'Calculate track velocity' allows you to define whether the speed value from the GPS receiver is used (if this is available), or whether this is calculated as the distance between 2 adjacent trackpoints divided by the time taken between the 2 points.

MmTracker calculates the Moving Time of the track, as the total of all the times where the velocity between 2 trackpoints is greater than 0.1 metres per second.

Up to MmTracker version 1.22.3, then the Mean Velocity is calculated as the mean of all of the individual velocities as calculated above, and the Mean Velocity Moving as being the mean of all of the velocities which are greater than 0.1 metres per second.

As of version 1.22.4, I have changed this calculation so that the Mean Velocity is simply the overall distance divided by the overall time taken, and the Mean Velocity Moving being the same for the Moving Time.

Does any of that make any sense at all!!!!

fourlans, I will PM you with a copy of 1.22.4 for you to have a play with to see if that works better for you.

fourlans

Oct 10, 2011
Lots of things to consider here I'm afraid.

'Settings', 'GPS and Tracking', 'Track load min distance' allows you to define the granularity of points read in from a gpx track file.
'Calculate track velocity' allows you to define whether the speed value from the GPS receiver is used (if this is available), or whether this is calculated as the distance between 2 adjacent trackpoints divided by the time taken between the 2 points.

MmTracker calculates the Moving Time of the track, as the total of all the times where the velocity between 2 trackpoints is greater than 0.1 metres per second.

Up to MmTracker version 1.22.3, then the Mean Velocity is calculated as the mean of all of the individual velocities as calculated above, and the Mean Velocity Moving as being the mean of all of the velocities which are greater than 0.1 metres per second.

As of version 1.22.4, I have changed this calculation so that the Mean Velocity is simply the overall distance divided by the overall time taken, and the Mean Velocity Moving being the same for the Moving Time.

Does any of that make any sense at all!!!!

fourlans, I will PM you with a copy of 1.22.4 for you to have a play with to see if that works better for you.
It all makes perfect sense. I hadn't noticed the changes made in 1.22.3 regarding the GPS supplied speed values and the switch to use them or not during tracking.
I've just tried 1.22.4 and can see what you've done so that the Track Data numbers make more sense. Many many thanks for your efforts.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker 1.22.4

*If navigating, show the bearing to the destination
*In the Position Info Box, if less than 5km away, show effort required (+/- metres/feet) to get from current position
*Show effort required for route data
*Allow new action 'Show Effort between points' to show distance and ascent/descent for a number of points. This can then either be saved as a route or discarded.
*Recalculate Mean Velocity and Mean Velocity Moving
*Correctly deal with the 'Screen stays on' settings
*Allow html code in waypoint descriptions

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.22.4.apk
    4.4 MB · Views: 351

windsorXDA

Oct 6, 2014
Many Thanks once again for the updates. I seem to remember previously being able to drop a mark/waypoint at the current GPS position, & cant see how to do that now. It is occasionaly useful, so if anyone can tell me how, or include it in future, I would be grateful. (I may be remembering from the old WinMobile Memory map app!)
regards
Geoff

j.i.wilson

Feb 28, 2010
Salisbury, Wiltshire
Many Thanks once again for the updates. I seem to remember previously being able to drop a mark/waypoint at the current GPS position, & cant see how to do that now. It is occasionaly useful, so if anyone can tell me how, or include it in future, I would be grateful. (I may be remembering from the old WinMobile Memory map app!)
regards
Geoff
Long press on map?

franktompson

Nov 8, 2007
Bath, England
MMTracker 1.22.4

*If navigating, show the bearing to the destination
*In the Position Info Box, if less than 5km away, show effort required (+/- metres/feet) to get from current position
*Show effort required for route data
*Allow new action 'Show Effort between points' to show distance and ascent/descent for a number of points. This can then either be saved as a route or discarded.
*Recalculate Mean Velocity and Mean Velocity Moving
*Correctly deal with the 'Screen stays on' settings
*Allow html code in waypoint descriptions
MMT_2020

You are an absolute genius! Thank you so much for the updates you have provided in getting to 1.22.4.

I had a previous version of MMTracker on my smartphone that has just died and in the renewal process had to re-load the apk on my new smartphone. My joy at finding the wonderful improvements you have made.

Including, what I have sought for years, a default option for width and colour of tracks (and routes and waypoints). Felling faint ….. 😊

mat999

Dec 30, 2013
I get this error message when I try to start tracking. Nothing happens when I click OK. App works fine otherwise I believe. Any help greatly appreciated. Great to see mm tracker being developed again, many thanks to all involved.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-24-02-31-21-446_com.meixi.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-24-02-31-21-446_com.meixi.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 33
  • Screenshot_2021-07-24-02-39-52-271_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-24-02-39-52-271_com.android.settings.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 33

mat999

Dec 30, 2013

Brilliant, thank you. Went into MIUI settings, apps, manage apps. Selected mm tracker then app info, battery saver. Selected "no restrictions" (it was on the recommended "battery saver"). Tracking now works. As I write this it does say it's having a problem saving tracks but I'll have a look at the directories etc. Thanks again, really appreciated

wombleuk

Mar 25, 2010
I've just stumbled across your app and resurrected my old memory maps. I've just installed it and it looks great, just like the old memory map program but better. Thank you so much for this, Al
Strangely, I've just come across this, but can't find my old qct files anywhere. I think I may have lost them when my old laptop went tits up!
Thought I'd backed them up too! 🙄
Any idea where I can hold hold of some?
Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM Tracker patch for JB 4.2

Attached is a patched version of MM Tracker 1.10.4 that should work on Android 4.2 , it does for me :)
    As it is signed with different keys to the original it can not be used to update an already installed MM tracker, you will have to uninstall any existing MMT.

Naf
    MM Tracker Current Version 1.10.6

Hello,

as Map Man is not developing any more on MM Tracker i decided to offer my support to at least keep the project alive for upcoming Android versions.
    Attached you can find the latest version 1.10.6 of MM Tracker which has not too many improvements, but will run on current Android versions.

Feel free to share and distrubute!

Cheers.
    MMTracker - 1.20.0

Please find attached

* 1.20.0 Android 11 release (backwards compatible to Android 4.4)
    *Allow Screen to stay on if power is connected (new default)
    *Power icon at bottom left of screen
    *If routepoints overlap, then only draw the first one. Helps with drawing routes on small scale maps
    *Show both km and miles on the tracking notification
    *New setting in 'Display Options' to allow the scale to always be metric, regardless of what the Distance Units are
    *Allow new button (turned on using User Interface settings), to allow 'Refresh Routes/Tracks/Waypoints'
    *Allow routes, tracks and waypoints to be shared
    MMTracker - 1.19.6

Please find attached

* 1.19.6 Don't allow compass settings if the device doesn't have a compass
    * Always output <trkseg> element in the gpx file for a track
    * Tidy up notification handling in the tracking service
    MMTracker 1.21.0

*Cope with qct files which don't have a boundary defined
    *Allow Waypoints to be loaded from subfolders in the Waypoints directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *Allow Routes to be loaded from subfolders in the Routes directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *Now option 'View Route Data' to show basic information about the route with an option to show an elevation v distance graph
    *Allow Tracks to be loaded from subfolders in the Tracks directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *For a selected Track, new option of 'Show Trackpoints' which will show the actual trackpoints. These can be selected individually and deleted. Useful for removing rogue points in a track
    *Elevation data will be automatically downloaded if you have a WiFi connection, and placed in a new Elevations directory within your Maps directory
    *If elevation data is available, the elevation will be shown in the position window as well as in Routes
    *For mbtiles maps, move seamlessly between maps