[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

Search This thread

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Hello MMT_2020
I am French so please be indulgent with my English.
Thanks to keep MmTracker alive. I have been using it for a few months and I appreciate it.
The last version shows the positive elevation which is very good information. Unfortunately the indications are wrong. I attach a small TR_211027gpxtest.txt (just rename it in .gpx) the result should be + 14 / -0 Mmtracker will give + 5 / -5. do you know where it can come from?
Could this data be entered on the "view data track" table accessible during the hike?
Thanks again for your efforts
It looks like there is a problem there. I am just about to go away for 2 weeks so will investigate on my return.
ps. Your English is a lot better than my French!

g3tso

Dec 8, 2021
UK
I have used MM Tracker since the days you could purchase it on Google Play. I have used V1.6..4 on Android 7 without any great issues however; I have now tried to get it working on a Samsung Galaxy A7 with Android 11 and the problem is that you can't set the directories. I found some point where it worked when the program located the maps in the tablet storage but nothing using the SD card. I have downloaded later versions from this forum but non of them will install into the device.

After a little perseverance and removing the older version I have found that V1.23.0 has loaded and is actually working.

Last edited:

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker 1.23.1
*From the position window (single touch on the map), long press will allow a waypoint to be created here, or allow the position to be shared using Google Maps
*If MMTracker is associated with qct or mbtiles files, copy the file to a directory called 'Downloaded' within your maps directory and open it
*From the context menu for a track (select and hold on a track), allow the track to be split at a selected trackpoint
*New Elevations setting of Use GPS Elevation Data. If this is set, then use actual gps elevation for the climb statistics of tracks if available, else use downloaded data from NASA
*When creating a route, show the length of the route while it is being created
*Other bug fixes and performance enhancements

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.23.1.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 309

davejj

Jun 1, 2009
Cornwall, UK
MMTracker 1.23.1
*From the position window (single touch on the map), long press will allow a waypoint to be created here, or allow the position to be shared using Google Maps
*If MMTracker is associated with qct or mbtiles files, copy the file to a directory called 'Downloaded' within your maps directory and open it
*From the context menu for a track (select and hold on a track), allow the track to be split at a selected trackpoint
*New Elevations setting of Use GPS Elevation Data. If this is set, then use actual gps elevation for the climb statistics of tracks if available, else use downloaded data from NASA
*When creating a route, show the length of the route while it is being created
Thanks MMT_2020, it's really good to see that MMTracker is still being updated - particularly with the recent demise of Viewranger.

Reactions: FrenchR

kebabman99

Jun 20, 2015
Thank you very much for keeping the app updated. Is it possible to set the app to not load all of my routes when starting please?

windsorXDA

Oct 6, 2014
Hi,
I'm trying to understand how MM tracker calculates ascent & descent on a track. I had assumed that if I do a circular walk, finishing at my start point, then the two figures should be the same (approx, I know gps altitudes are not wonderfully accurate)
This has not been the case, with discrepancies of hundreds of meters. I also thought that MM tracker now had access to map/position based elevation data.
Am I making a wrong assumption, or is it just inaccurate gps altitudes causing the problem? I have attached a sample gpx track. (yes I know it was slow, there were 15 of us & lots of stiles)
regards
Geoff

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Hi,
I'm trying to understand how MM tracker calculates ascent & descent on a track. I had assumed that if I do a circular walk, finishing at my start point, then the two figures should be the same (approx, I know gps altitudes are not wonderfully accurate)
This has not been the case, with discrepancies of hundreds of meters. I also thought that MM tracker now had access to map/position based elevation data.
Am I making a wrong assumption, or is it just inaccurate gps altitudes causing the problem? I have attached a sample gpx track. (yes I know it was slow, there were 15 of us & lots of stiles)
regards
Geoff
Can you upload your gpx file and I will look at this.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker 1.23.2
*Link to 'What's New' from the about form
*Only get elevation data for latitudes 60° North down to 56° South
*New User Interface setting 'Copy position to clipboard'
*Enable category matching for MMI place name searches
*Allow overlays to be backed up by zipping and emailing (from the relevant overlay manager)

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.23.2.apk
    6.4 MB · Views: 214

jasext

Aug 5, 2010
South wales
Hi. Guys . Bit late to the party but could anyone help?
I have the old first version of this on an old GPS device.
I have currently switched to a new android phone and looking to get this working. Is there an idiot's guide to installing this and getting it working fully . The new phone is running Android 11 . Many thanks

windsorXDA

Oct 6, 2014
Hi Jasext, What do you know, and what dont you know. Lots of advice further back in this thread, then come back with specific questions that we can answer.
G.

chrispgreen

Apr 25, 2022
A big thank you to MMT_2020 for all the hard work and time spent on improving and updating MMTracker.

I have an old phone Huawei Ascend 300 running running a custom ROM clean version Android 4.1. I don't use it as a main phone any more but have started to use it as a navigation device on my bike. It is running MMTracker version 1.10.6 without a problem. I tried to update it to MMTracker 1.23.2 but when I run the apk file I get an error which says “Parse error. There is a problem parsing the package”. Is this a problem with Android 4.1 or is my phone too old knackered? Any help to get the latest version MMTracker working on the phone would be appreciated.

Thank you.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
A big thank you to MMT_2020 for all the hard work and time spent on improving and updating MMTracker.

I have an old phone Huawei Ascend 300 running running a custom ROM clean version Android 4.1. I don't use it as a main phone any more but have started to use it as a navigation device on my bike. It is running MMTracker version 1.10.6 without a problem. I tried to update it to MMTracker 1.23.2 but when I run the apk file I get an error which says “Parse error. There is a problem parsing the package”. Is this a problem with Android 4.1 or is my phone too old knackered? Any help to get the latest version MMTracker working on the phone would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Uninstall the old version first

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM Tracker patch for JB 4.2

Attached is a patched version of MM Tracker 1.10.4 that should work on Android 4.2 , it does for me :)
    As it is signed with different keys to the original it can not be used to update an already installed MM tracker, you will have to uninstall any existing MMT.

Naf
    MM Tracker Current Version 1.10.6

Hello,

as Map Man is not developing any more on MM Tracker i decided to offer my support to at least keep the project alive for upcoming Android versions.
    Attached you can find the latest version 1.10.6 of MM Tracker which has not too many improvements, but will run on current Android versions.

Feel free to share and distrubute!

Cheers.
    MMTracker - 1.20.0

Please find attached

* 1.20.0 Android 11 release (backwards compatible to Android 4.4)
    *Allow Screen to stay on if power is connected (new default)
    *Power icon at bottom left of screen
    *If routepoints overlap, then only draw the first one. Helps with drawing routes on small scale maps
    *Show both km and miles on the tracking notification
    *New setting in 'Display Options' to allow the scale to always be metric, regardless of what the Distance Units are
    *Allow new button (turned on using User Interface settings), to allow 'Refresh Routes/Tracks/Waypoints'
    *Allow routes, tracks and waypoints to be shared
    MMTracker - 1.19.6

Please find attached

* 1.19.6 Don't allow compass settings if the device doesn't have a compass
    * Always output <trkseg> element in the gpx file for a track
    * Tidy up notification handling in the tracking service
    MMTracker 1.21.0

*Cope with qct files which don't have a boundary defined
    *Allow Waypoints to be loaded from subfolders in the Waypoints directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *Allow Routes to be loaded from subfolders in the Routes directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *Now option 'View Route Data' to show basic information about the route with an option to show an elevation v distance graph
    *Allow Tracks to be loaded from subfolders in the Tracks directory. They will cease to be shown if you 'Refresh Tracks and Routes', or the app is restarted
    *For a selected Track, new option of 'Show Trackpoints' which will show the actual trackpoints. These can be selected individually and deleted. Useful for removing rogue points in a track
    *Elevation data will be automatically downloaded if you have a WiFi connection, and placed in a new Elevations directory within your Maps directory
    *If elevation data is available, the elevation will be shown in the position window as well as in Routes
    *For mbtiles maps, move seamlessly between maps