[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

Search This thread

grogan197

Jul 15, 2009
Slowdown when tracking. Noticed this first in October on a 10 hour walk in Wales. When tracking the phone slowly gets slower and slower, after a while android starts bringing up messages asking if you want to force quit as the app has stoped responding then finally if you leave it you have to pull the battery. I was waiting about 120 seconds for menus to appear etc.

Noticed it again more recently on a 90 minute bike ride. Tracking starts fine but noticeable lag on operations once it's been going a little while.

Using Orange San Fransisco / ZTE Blade on Android 2.2

franktompson

Nov 8, 2007
Bath, England
Memory-Map 2012

Hi Michael,

Probably a really stupid question, but before I part with my hard-earned cash could you confirm please that MM Tracker is able to read Memory-Map 2012 qct files please?

With thanks,

Frank

PS - Thanks for speeding up the MMI search function for SGS - now works a treat!

Map Man

Oct 3, 2010
Hi Michael
on the more regular rides I go on, I usually track my route but don't look at the phone until the end of the ride.

Since I'm not sure when, maybe a month or thereabouts when I look at the phone I cannot make the display come back on.

The green LED seems to always be on, but I might be mistaken about that.

The hard keys illuminate but there is no way to switch the display back on.

I pull the battery, reboot and find that the phone has captured various lengths of my route, like today it captured only about 20 minutes, last week it captured about an hour and a half.

Is there any way that I can help troubleshoot the issue, like grab a log file from somewhere and send to you? Any suggestions?

Hi Paul,

actually there is no log file to analyze. But are sure that MM Tracker is crashing the phone ? Mabye another app you installed is responsible ?

Anyhow if you think MM Tracker is doing this, the only reason i could think of is that you are running out of memory. Maybe you have loaded a lot of tracks and used up all the memory ?

I never experienced such kind of problems with MM Tracker. So maybe i can not help you too much.

Best regards,
Michael

Map Man

Oct 3, 2010
Hi Michael

Again, thanks for a great prog.

I've now got an Asus Transformer and a large microsdhc card so I tried to loaded some of my database of maps/nautical charts.
Unfortunately, during scaling (switching to different map/charts at the current position) your map caching is very slow.
Is there another way of doing things?

I do the same thing on my PC using Memory Map and its very fast.
Memory Map also shows the map outlines which is also useful when changing scales.

I'd like to start using MM Tracker on my boat but its important to be able to switch charts of different scales quickly. The only way I can find at the moment is to put a selection of the charts that I'm going to use into a separate temp folder/directory. Then I "point" MM Tracker's map folder to that temp directory. As long as there are less than about 50 charts, the app is useable. But to make the system easier to use, it would be simpler to point MM Tracker's Map Directory to a much bigger selection containing sub folders. For example, my main Map folder incluging the maps in the subfolders contains in excess of 2000 files/maps. All very doable with Memory Map on the PC.

Hi Mike,
currently i have no plans to redesign the caching. The main problem is still the initial directory scan to find all existing maps. I have currently no idea how to avoid this without the need of manually refreshing the cache like MemoryMap PC software is doing this. But i will keep it in mind. Maybe i will find a solution in future.
2000 maps ... wow ... ;)

Best regards,
Michael

HurricaneMike

May 23, 2011
Hi Mike,
currently i have no plans to redesign the caching. The main problem is still the initial directory scan to find all existing maps. I have currently no idea how to avoid this without the need of manually refreshing the cache like MemoryMap PC software is doing this. But i will keep it in mind. Maybe i will find a solution in future.
2000 maps ... wow ... ;)

Best regards,
Michael

Thanks for the reply, Michael

I've (sort of) found a way round the cache problem.
I've split my maps into groups within separate directories.
I then "point" MM Tracker at the appropraite subset of maps and it works fine.
Maybe you could streamline this concept by allowing a quicker way of switching folders or perhaps let people put maps into folder sets - just a thought.

BTW
I've been playing with the Navionics Mobile app.
What a load of bolox
It looks good on the screen and has some interesting useless features.
But totally unusable.
I tried to make a route of about 6 waypoints.
An hour later I was no nearer than when I started.
So I "fired up" MM Tracker and, literally, seconds later the job was done.

Well done
You've managed, on your own, to do what a whole team at Navionics can't.

Mike

frumpy

Apr 11, 2009
Hi Paul,

actually there is no log file to analyze. But are sure that MM Tracker is crashing the phone ? Mabye another app you installed is responsible ?

Anyhow if you think MM Tracker is doing this, the only reason i could think of is that you are running out of memory. Maybe you have loaded a lot of tracks and used up all the memory ?

I never experienced such kind of problems with MM Tracker. So maybe i can not help you too much.

Best regards,
Michael

Ok. Think this was a wider problem too, has not re-occured since I changed ROM. Thanks, it is good to see you're still around.

Paul

doryphore

Jan 28, 2012
Create route -profile elevation

Hi, Michael

I'm french and do not speak very well, so excuse me

I bought MMtracker and it's very great to use my memory map cards, it's wonderful !

But, i mean there is a missing fonction: with memory map in my PDA (pocket navigator), when i create a route (or imported from PC), it is possible to see the profile elevation.
I considere that the profile is very imortant (indispensable) to walking in montains

Do you think you could expand on that ?

I am going to corsica in july :D:D:D
Best regards
Doryphore

Last edited:

bluemerlin

May 16, 2008
I love this app but one question.

Can it read mmo files.

I have dropbox and dropsync setup to copy my Map Overlays folder from the PC, I'd like then for MM tracker to open the mmo file with all the routes in.

Is this possible?

nico_dh

Feb 28, 2012
Hello Mapman, I bought mmtracker v1.10.1. I use qct files, but today he started to say wrong format (> version 2)

Do you have an idea of what is going on? thank you.

kevcal

Nov 10, 2008
I have a feature request (if it's not already available and I've missed it).
Whilst tracking, could we output distance travelled as an option on this track?
I know I can figure it out on the track statistics page, but on-screen during tracking would be useful?
Excellent app by the way - use it for kayaking and walking.

uspole

Sep 11, 2010
Hi Map Man

My MMI file isnt loading since I upgraded to Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 version LP7 on my Galaxy S2 using MM Tracker 1.10.3

This seems to be a replay of the problem I had with earlier versions of Android (eg 2.3.3 - see page 27 of this thread). I am confident the problem is not my end ie. related to my MMI file or my SDCard etc., You fixed the problem last time. Can you fix it this time?

Best Rgds

Map Man

Oct 3, 2010
Hi upsole,
i will test MM Tracker regarding ICS compatibility when i get my hands on a ICS device (which i do not have yet).
Then i will of course check the MMI issue.

Best regards, Michael

uspole

Sep 11, 2010
Hi upsole,
i will test MM Tracker regarding ICS compatibility when i get my hands on a ICS device (which i do not have yet).
Then i will of course check the MMI issue.

Best regards, Michael

Hi Michael, That would be great if you can do that. Ive found that on ICS LP8 occassionally the MMI file loads but more often than not it's crashing MM Tracker. On earlier versions of ICS eg LP2 it wouldnt load at all.

Rgds Uspole

martin_sv

Mar 31, 2008
A new user unable to obtain/download mm tracker (using ICS 4.3)

Hi, I'm a previous memmap win mobile user and just got my very ist android device a cheapo EKEN android tablet icS 4.3. i like the sound of mm tracker but so far no luck.
1) doesn't show up at all on google play
2) when I visit android pit as per mapman's FAQ i can only find the paid for version, a very fair price but I would really like to see if it works on ics 4.3 before shelling out. ( also as i have no built in gps & no bluetooth the free version may just do fine as a map viewer is probably all I need to gain some utility from my stock of QCT maps). I'm perfectly happy to get hold of the apk and copy to my sd card and install via file manager.

Any assistance gratefully received.

Martin

martin_sv

Mar 31, 2008
Panic over!! This complete day one newby to android retraced his steps and this timke found the free version on the android pit DOH!. Having issue with setting maps folder in settings. maps are in "maps folder " in root of ext microsd card. file manager shows path as \extsd\maps. I've tried this but the app stays frozen on the settings page. Is this likely to be because i'm on ics 4.03? thanks for any assistance,
martin

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
MM Tracker has vanished from my play store installed apps list and I can't find it on the play web site either?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM Tracker patch for JB 4.2

Attached is a patched version of MM Tracker 1.10.4 that should work on Android 4.2 , it does for me :)
    As it is signed with different keys to the original it can not be used to update an already installed MM tracker, you will have to uninstall any existing MMT.

Naf
    MM Tracker Current Version 1.10.6

Hello,

as Map Man is not developing any more on MM Tracker i decided to offer my support to at least keep the project alive for upcoming Android versions.
    Attached you can find the latest version 1.10.6 of MM Tracker which has not too many improvements, but will run on current Android versions.

Feel free to share and distrubute!

Cheers.
    MMTracker - 1.20.0

Please find attached

* 1.20.0 Android 11 release (backwards compatible to Android 4.4)
    *Allow Screen to stay on if power is connected (new default)
    *Power icon at bottom left of screen
    *If routepoints overlap, then only draw the first one. Helps with drawing routes on small scale maps
    *Show both km and miles on the tracking notification
    *New setting in 'Display Options' to allow the scale to always be metric, regardless of what the Distance Units are
    *Allow new button (turned on using User Interface settings), to allow 'Refresh Routes/Tracks/Waypoints'
    *Allow routes, tracks and waypoints to be shared
    *Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
    MMTracker 1.24.0
    *Code changes required for Android 13
    *Automatically download A-GPS data
    *Allow route simplify from mapview route context menu
    *Show route length as an info line when a route is selected
    *Allow routes to be unsimplified and the simplification value to be changed
    *Allow routes to be split and joined
    *Allow search by Lat/Lng using Degree, Minute and Second
    *New User Interface setting - Ignore maps of the same scale
    *Other bug fixes and performance enhancements