[APP][1.6+] MM Tracker

Search This thread

gwyndewey

Feb 18, 2017
Mmtracker 1.19.4

I have used the new version but have had problems. The tracking doesnt work properly it turns off the blue line and just shows your position. Also how do I access the mmi search on the original version as thats really the only advantage over alpine quest that you can search for scarborough and it will take you to it. I'm going back to 1.10.6 but I'll keep installing future versions hope you can get my issues sorted as it is a pain using menu button as its substituting adverts in place of my keyboard I have a sammy a70

Sep 22, 2015
London
I have used the new version but have had problems. The tracking doesnt work properly it turns off the blue line and just shows your position. Also how do I access the mmi search on the original version as thats really the only advantage over alpine quest that you can search for scarborough and it will take you to it. I'm going back to 1.10.6 but I'll keep installing future versions hope you can get my issues sorted as it is a pain using menu button as its substituting adverts in place of my keyboard I have a sammy a70

I have a Huawei P30 Lite and, so far, the tracking seems OK. You have to allow the app to keep running in the background though.

MMI search also works for me in v 1.19.4. Tap the search button and one of the options is 'Place name (needs MMI)' - if you select that it will ask you to load an MMI file if you haven't done so already. But maybe an option to load one during the initial setup would be useful.

gwyndewey

Feb 18, 2017
Thanks

Thanks for the mmi feature I think I missed it. However I am not sure how the original worked but I have 12 regional 50k os maps with 12 mmi and all I needed to do was move to map with smaller scale which isnt working too and it would go anywhere in the country I assume it loads all 12 mmi up. If I am doing a national place search I wont know which mmi it is in. I will wait for the next update now thanks though

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020

For Android 10, you need to give MMTracker 'Allow all the time' permission for location, otherwise tracking will not always happen when the screen is off.

I will enforce this test for tracking as of the next version.

I am afraid that I don't understand your comments re mmi search. Please elucidate.

Reactions: gregbradley

nybor

Jan 22, 2008
I have 12 regional 50k os maps with 12 mmi and all I needed to do was move to map with smaller scale which isnt working too

Yes it is. Perhaps you don't have any smaller-scale maps on your device? You certainly don't say so. You will get better help if you are clearer and more specific.

I assume it loads all 12 mmi up. If I am doing a national place search I wont know which mmi it is in.

A mmi covering the UK in a single file was available. That works fine with maps of all scales in my experience.

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Thank you so much for returning this app on Android 10, it's so much easier to use while walking than Alpine Quest. The menus bug seems totally fixed - it hasn't crashed on exiting settings since 1.19.2, so thumbs up.

Many thanks again for your work.

Last edited:

gwyndewey

Feb 18, 2017
Thanks

I must apologise ..... I wasnt allowing mmtracker to use location all the time that is why the tracking stops

Also I didnt have search activated, it works like it used to and I have 12 regional mmi

The only thing I cant get to work is move to smaller scale map it's not a biggy as you can bring up maps at position but it would be nice to flip 25k to 50k and back

Jake Bullit

Dec 22, 2006
Thanks for fixing this. Got it working on my android car head unit again.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker - 1.19.5

MMTracker - 1.19.5

Please find attached

* 1.19.5 Increase tile cache size for mbtiles
* When starting tracking for Android 10+, ensure that MMTracker has 'Allow all the time' access for location
* Fix return button from Route Properties
* Increase the width of tracks and routes when zooming in on the map, also the size of route marks
* Allow 2 more zoom levels
* Allow UTM (Universal Transverse Mercator) and MGRS (Military Grid Reference System) grid options
* Show existing defaults on colour, opacity and width picks
* Restart the tracking service correctly after Android performs a memory garbage collection (take 2)
* Fix problem with context menus not working if track loading wasn't requested

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.19.5.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 301

windsorXDA

Oct 6, 2014
Many Thanks MMT 2020, for all the work. Two problems I am having, The tracking notification does't turn off when I stop tracking & have generated a track, although it does if I just start & stop tracking without moving. (maybe an Android 10 problem), any advice?
Also sometmes when I start MM Tracker with some tracks stored from a previous usage, routes are gratuitously generated to match each of the tracks! This always happened with some of your earlier iterations, but only occasionally with 1.19.5.
Hope these comments are useful, & thanks again for your much valued work G.

fourlans

Oct 10, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Thanks MMT2020, working well on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. A problem that I'm having is that when I transfer a track GPX to my pc to use with Memory Map the track isn't displayed and Memory Map indicates that the track is of zero length with zero trackpoints. It is displayed correctly if I add the 'trkseg' tag before & the '/trkseg' tag after the trkpts tags. I didn't have to do this with older versions of MMTracker

Last edited:

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
Thanks MMT2020, working well on my Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro. A problem that I'm having is that when I transfer a track GPX to my pc to use with Memory Map the track isn't displayed and Memory Map indicates that the track is of zero length with zero trackpoints. It is displayed correctly if I add the 'trkseg' tag before & the '/trkseg' tag after the trkpts tags. I didn't have to do this with older versions of MMTracker

I can see that this could occur if you change a track through the track manager (for example hiding or unhiding a track). This will be corrected in the next release.

Chris-g

Sep 25, 2019
Hello All. My phone recently uptated itself from Android 9 to 10 and now the menu button is missing from MMTracker. I am currently running version 1.10.6, before I install MMT_2020's version of MMTracker, please can anyone advise me if it possible to get the menu button back, ideally without having to install a special app. Thank you.

fourlans

Oct 10, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Hello All. My phone recently uptated itself from Android 9 to 10 and now the menu button is missing from MMTracker. I am currently running version 1.10.6, before I install MMT_2020's version of MMTracker, please can anyone advise me if it possible to get the menu button back, ideally without having to install a special app. Thank you.

Here a screen shot taken from my Android 10 phone running 1.19.5. Note the 3 icons in the top right of the screen, from top to bottom Menu, GPS Lock and Search. The Settings,Load Map,'Tracks, Routes and Waypoints' (Overlay), and Tracking options are included in the Menu. There doesn't appear to be an option equivalent to the old 'Screen Lock' but I've never had a need for it anyway.
HTH

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-06-18-11-38-31-031_com.meixi.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-06-18-11-38-31-031_com.meixi.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 225

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
MMTracker - 1.19.6

Please find attached

* 1.19.6 Don't allow compass settings if the device doesn't have a compass
* Always output <trkseg> element in the gpx file for a track
* Tidy up notification handling in the tracking service

Attachments

• MMTracker_1.19.6.apk
    3.3 MB · Views: 438

fourlans

Oct 10, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
I've noticed that I have to load a route on my phone before it is displayed each time I start MM Tracker but the same route is permanently displayed in MM Tracker on my tablet. Both devices have their directories in main storage. Is the phone working correctly or the tablet ?

I'm using 1.19.6 on both my Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro phone and my Huawei Mediapad M5 tablet.

MMT_2020

Apr 7, 2020
I've noticed that I have to load a route on my phone before it is displayed each time I start MM Tracker but the same route is permanently displayed in MM Tracker on my tablet. Both devices have their directories in main storage. Is the phone working correctly or the tablet ?

I'm using 1.19.6 on both my Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro phone and my Huawei Mediapad M5 tablet.

Have you got the 'Settings', 'Directories', 'Load Routes on startup'' flag set on both devices?

Reactions: gregbradley

fourlans

Oct 10, 2011
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Xiaomi Poco F3
Have you got the 'Settings', 'Directories', 'Load Routes on startup'' flag set on both devices?
To be honest, I've never noticed those settings before but it was switched off in my phone and switched on in my tablet so that explains what's happening.
Thanks for your help and again, many many thanks for resurecting this app.
EDIT:
I've checked one of my old phones with version 1.10.6 installed and routes were set to load at starup. I've been using this app for nearly 10 years and probably set it on years ago and have just forgotten about it. Hope I haven't inconvenienced you.

Last edited:

Snowman11

Apr 23, 2018

Have you got "load routes at startup" option (under directories) ticked on your tablet and not on the phone?

Reactions: fourlans

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MM Tracker patch for JB 4.2

Attached is a patched version of MM Tracker 1.10.4 that should work on Android 4.2 , it does for me :)
    As it is signed with different keys to the original it can not be used to update an already installed MM tracker, you will have to uninstall any existing MMT.

Naf
    MM Tracker Current Version 1.10.6

Hello,

as Map Man is not developing any more on MM Tracker i decided to offer my support to at least keep the project alive for upcoming Android versions.
    Attached you can find the latest version 1.10.6 of MM Tracker which has not too many improvements, but will run on current Android versions.

Feel free to share and distrubute!

Cheers.
    MMTracker - 1.20.0

Please find attached

* 1.20.0 Android 11 release (backwards compatible to Android 4.4)
    *Allow Screen to stay on if power is connected (new default)
    *Power icon at bottom left of screen
    *If routepoints overlap, then only draw the first one. Helps with drawing routes on small scale maps
    *Show both km and miles on the tracking notification
    *New setting in 'Display Options' to allow the scale to always be metric, regardless of what the Distance Units are
    *Allow new button (turned on using User Interface settings), to allow 'Refresh Routes/Tracks/Waypoints'
    *Allow routes, tracks and waypoints to be shared
    *Other bug fixes and performance enhancements
    MMTracker 1.24.0
    *Code changes required for Android 13
    *Automatically download A-GPS data
    *Allow route simplify from mapview route context menu
    *Show route length as an info line when a route is selected
    *Allow routes to be unsimplified and the simplification value to be changed
    *Allow routes to be split and joined
    *Allow search by Lat/Lng using Degree, Minute and Second
    *New User Interface setting - Ignore maps of the same scale
    *Other bug fixes and performance enhancements