[APP][1.6+] Notifications on your PC - DeskNotifier

Search This thread

nqnguyen2

Dec 18, 2007
www.google.com
Do you anticipate on including bluetooth connections? The reason is because I wifi tether to my phone with my laptop and it doesn't recognize my phone.

lokie538

Feb 24, 2010
Wow just what I needed, I put my phone on silent a lot and miss out of notifications, but now I won't!

Just a suggestion for the future, can you include some sort of authentication, as I live on a multi user WiFi setup and other people could potentially connect and get my notifications.

mikeszf

Jan 31, 2011
This is just what I have been looking for, I always miss some calls and messages when wearing the headphones and it is just perfect because is over wifi, so if i´m away from home the computer wont notify.

And now my doses of feedback:

I think you should add a password or an id for the connection at least at first time, like airdroid and itunes does. It can also be optional. On my network are 3 computers, some times more. If someone wants to spy on my just have to install the client and find the ip of the phone, I don't think it is my case but you´ll never know…

Slybone

May 26, 2012
So I wanted to point out a small bug. After selecting English as my language, when I send a SMS to someone, it will show the confirmation of the message being sent in German.

Besides that it's an awesome application. I use DeskSMS right now but it's riddled with bugs

dangabob13

Jan 11, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Replying to SMS

Hello, I have been waiting for someone to build this. Thank you so much.

After I installed it, everything was running as expected. Shortly there after, though, the functionality to reply directly from the toaster window has ceased. Now when I left click, right click, or anything else, it just clears the message and I must select "New SMS" to send the person a response.

Am I missing some setting? I've looked everywhere.

Thank you again.

Reactions: frenzyboi

Magissia

May 9, 2012
Why not allowing tf101 to use it ?

I know that it cannot send sms by default, but using 3rd app you can send sms from it. (or any other androtablet)

Plus it can recieve notifications too

Now you will say, why not just linking the phone ? Because the phone used as "proxy" to send sms from tf101 may not be an android phone !

Regards

ptrickg7776

Jul 14, 2010
Boulder
I have developed an application wich helps you to receive your Android notifications on your (windows) PC via Wifi or USB. I thougt someone could use it and that's why I'm sharing it here!

Here is the Homepage (for the PC-Software):

And here is the app in the Play Store:

I hope someone likes it!
Please rate the App in Google Play and give me some Feedback of what you think!
You can also donate via PayPal if you want to!

Please give me feedback if there are some very serious translating mistakes ;-) Thank you!

Awesome Idea!

cajunflavoredbob

May 1, 2010
Your Basement
I like it so far. I normally use Mighty Text for desktop SMS replies.

I noticed two possible bugs. One was mentioned previously. Sent notifications are shown in English and German no matter which language you select. Secondly, if you are using a third party SMS client, like Handscent SMS, you get double notifications. I have notifications turned off for the normal messages application, but it still displays the notification on the desktop even though none is displayed on my phone.

Using a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II (SGH-T989 Hercules)

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Yea translations need to be fixed.. kinda seems better than sms2pc since no site has to be open :) haven't noticed but does it start when wifi is connected automatically or no??

Reactions: namelez

Bigcat79

Nov 18, 2010
Chattanooga TN
if anyone cares, notifications work fine in Kubuntu w/Wine (there may be a supported linux app but I've never really searched for one); don't know about sms replies as it's 01.30 here and no one's texting me :)

fww

Reactions: jimmygoska

guitarplayerone

Jan 7, 2012
NYC
amazing app, works wonderfully.

you are the best.

not complaining but reporting: some notifications in English app on Win XP are still in German.

thank you for all your work

Lasantha

Jun 27, 2011
Sadly I get bombarded with notifications from os monitor and network speed
dn.jpg
:(

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have developed an application wich helps you to receive your Android notifications on your (windows) PC via Wifi or USB. I thougt someone could use it and that's why I'm sharing it here!

Here is the Homepage (for the PC-Software):

And here is the app in the Play Store:

I hope someone likes it!
    Please rate the App in Google Play and give me some Feedback of what you think!
    You can also donate via PayPal if you want to!

Please give me feedback if there are some very serious translating mistakes ;) Thank you!
    Here is the links ;)
    bit.ly/DeskNotifier_EN

bit.ly/DeskNotifier_PLAY

Sent from my Droid using xda premium
    The notification is shown as soon as the PC connects to your phone. Maybe that's your problem!
    Make sure that you have ticked the first checkbox and then setup the PC-Software.
    Make sure, that the Wifi-IP of your Phone is correctly set in your PC-Software (and your Phone is connected to your Wifi-network ;))!
    Then it should work!

Thanks man but like I said, I was just being a complete idiot.... :eek:
    I should really have coffee before doing things like this.....

I've fixed the links in the first post for you and I'm gonna write this up for the Portal btw ;) Nice work.
    There is a new version of the PC software available at:
    http://en.desknotifier.clemens-elflein.de/download.php

Here the changelog:
    --- V1.1.1
    - fixed translation errors (German messages while sending SMS)
    - Added sound settings (right click -> settings)
    - Time and Date of Notifications is shown
    - "click to respond"-Message was added to SMS notification
    - Small bugfixes
    Same here, under JB there's no way to grant permission to view access notifications :S