[APP][1.6+] Notifications on your PC - DeskNotifier

Search This thread

frenzyboi

May 11, 2012
Now replying to text via notification on desktop works. Thanks so much for this update, dev :D Keep it up and I hope more will come! Especially on the GUI.

EDIT : Found a bug. If the text message is longer than 1, it would be seperated in two notification/chat window. Is it possible to make them as one? Thanks :D

Last edited:

ohTwadi

Dec 21, 2011
What was the problem? Did the other thread help you?

Yes it helped. This post specifically.
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=19790004&postcount=6

There is one thing I noticed so far. When I click on 'New SMS' on my PC, it presents a list of contacts from my phone. If I have a contact with multiple phone numbers, only the first number is shown in the list. This poses a problem for those contacts who's cell number is not the first number listed. Would be great if you could get all the numbers, perhaps it's easier to get the default number?

Last edited:

noodles2224

Jan 10, 2009
Also, I forgot to try it out to see if it works but.. does this have the ability to start once wifi turns on? Because I have an auto wifi when near home and sucks if I have to turn this app on. Might as well keep my phone out..

wergor

May 17, 2008
Graz
Also, I forgot to try it out to see if it works but.. does this have the ability to start once wifi turns on? Because I have an auto wifi when near home and sucks if I have to turn this app on. Might as well keep my phone out..

the service runs in the background, you don't need to start the app manually. just set the "start with phone" option in the menu.

ridethisbike

Sep 30, 2011
I'm having the language issue as well and I JUST downloaded and installed everything 5 minutes ago

i'd say somethings up with the wifi connection, but it might just be my router as it's been giving me problems tonight, so i'll figure that part out tomorrow

szallah

May 3, 2010
Frankfurt am Main
haven't had the chance to test it since i'm at work right now. but reading the thread two thoughts came up:

1. it seems as the ip-adress of the android-device is used. since i haven't tested it yet i don't know the program behaves on dhcp-networks. to me it would make sense to use mac-adresses for computer<->smartphone detection. if it's internalliy done that way anyway, ignore this. :D
2. i use tasker to automate lots of stuff. so it would be nice that instead of killing the service the hard way, tasker should have the ability to "softly" start and terminate the service. via plugin or whatever makes sense in that case.

ridethisbike

Sep 30, 2011
haven't had the chance to test it since i'm at work right now. but reading the thread two thoughts came up:

1. it seems as the ip-adress of the android-device is used. since i haven't tested it yet i don't know the program behaves on dhcp-networks. to me it would make sense to use mac-adresses for computer<->smartphone detection. if it's internalliy done that way anyway, ignore this. :D
2. i use tasker to automate lots of stuff. so it would be nice that instead of killing the service the hard way, tasker should have the ability to "softly" start and terminate the service. via plugin or whatever makes sense in that case.

#1 actually makes a lot of sense. If you did it this way, you could truly set it and forget it. as long as you're on the same network you wouldnt have any issues where if you hop to different networks a lot you may get assigned different IP's all the time, requiring you to change the IP on the PC side every time, not that it's hard to do that, but ease of use is the reason behind all this right? lol

deejaylobo

Feb 22, 2011
Abu Dhabi
I love you, sir!!

Thank you so much. I've been wanting something like this since the beginning of my Android time! This works great! And it has a pretty decent and non-intrusive design.

I would love an Android app that works the same way. Would really like to see my phone notifications on my tablet.

Thanks again!

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

It would be awesome if there was a way to auto connect between phone and PC as soon as they are on the same WIFI, or as soon as USB is connected. Also, I wonder, is there anyway to have it so that when a GMail notification is received on PC, and I click it, my GMail is opened in a browser windows. That would be super cool.

deejaylobo

Feb 22, 2011
Abu Dhabi

Couldn't you just have Tasker load the app and then go HOME when you connect to WIFI or whatever? This should work, in theory. No need for a plugin then. And maybe, kill the app when you disconnect from WIFI too.

EDIT: Oh! but, it wont auto connect without some user interaction. My bad.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have developed an application wich helps you to receive your Android notifications on your (windows) PC via Wifi or USB. I thougt someone could use it and that's why I'm sharing it here!

Here is the Homepage (for the PC-Software):

And here is the app in the Play Store:

I hope someone likes it!
    Please rate the App in Google Play and give me some Feedback of what you think!
    You can also donate via PayPal if you want to!

Please give me feedback if there are some very serious translating mistakes ;) Thank you!
    Here is the links ;)
    bit.ly/DeskNotifier_EN

bit.ly/DeskNotifier_PLAY

Sent from my Droid using xda premium
    The notification is shown as soon as the PC connects to your phone. Maybe that's your problem!
    Make sure that you have ticked the first checkbox and then setup the PC-Software.
    Make sure, that the Wifi-IP of your Phone is correctly set in your PC-Software (and your Phone is connected to your Wifi-network ;))!
    Then it should work!

Thanks man but like I said, I was just being a complete idiot.... :eek:
    I should really have coffee before doing things like this.....

I've fixed the links in the first post for you and I'm gonna write this up for the Portal btw ;) Nice work.
    There is a new version of the PC software available at:
    http://en.desknotifier.clemens-elflein.de/download.php

Here the changelog:
    --- V1.1.1
    - fixed translation errors (German messages while sending SMS)
    - Added sound settings (right click -> settings)
    - Time and Date of Notifications is shown
    - "click to respond"-Message was added to SMS notification
    - Small bugfixes
    Same here, under JB there's no way to grant permission to view access notifications :S