[APP][1.6+] Wifi Timer - A scheduler for Wifi on your android

Search This thread

wyldkard

Oct 23, 2010
Boston
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
great idea for an app, maybe a similar app for mobile data and airplane mode

airplane mode scheduler would be helpful for me because i put my phone on AP mode during work

maybe post an apk for those having trouble installing it from the market

SAPPH1RE

Nov 20, 2010
great idea for an app, maybe a similar app for mobile data and airplane mode

airplane mode scheduler would be helpful for me because i put my phone on AP mode during work

maybe post an apk for those having trouble installing it from the market

Yeah, the market wouldn't allow me to download. Using desire HD.

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Hi all,
Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

I'm still not able to figure out why some of you are not able to install it from the Android Market / Google Play. All devices using Android 1.6 and above are supported!

Anyway, as requested, I am attaching the same apk here. Do have a look. Hope you like it!

Attachments

• WifiTimer.apk
    86.8 KB · Views: 241
Reactions: Esquilax

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Hello,

i have a problem with this App...when i will install it my Desire starts new....

Da ich gesehen habe das der Entwickler aus Deutschland kommt schreibe ich mein Problem nochmal in deutsch.

Wenn ich die App auf meinem desire installieren will (Root, MildWild ROM, S-Off) dann startet das Handy plötzlich neu. Hatte ich bisher bei noch keiner App....

Try downloading and installing the apk I have attached in the earlier post.
Un-install the previous one first. Let me know how it goes.

Dick Gordon

Oct 1, 2010
Hi all,

I'm still not able to figure out why some of you are not able to install it from the Android Market / Google Play. All devices using Android 1.6 and above are supported!

Anyway, as requested, I am attaching the same apk here. Do have a look. Hope you like it!

Thanks.
App works properly, all good. I wait 24 hour mode and switch other modes: airmode/GPS/GPRS.

Regards

UrInsan3

May 20, 2011
Cincinnati
Hi all,

Thanks! Suggestion: Make the UI easier to follow, it looks nice but I'm not sure how my schedule is set up. It would be nice to add a specific time for it to turn off or on for each day and see a layout of that if that makes sense.

Sent from my Evo4G using xda

dleeming

Jun 12, 2007
Ballincollig
Hi all,

Thanks for the apk - I too could not download from the market, I am on SlimICS ROM with a Samsung galaxy S i9000. Maybe due to the DPI settings, I am on 220.

From the https://play.google.com/store I could not install it.

Check the Pic!

Grüße aus Ratingen ;-)

PS. Is it possible to have a "allday" setting?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 77

ProfEngr

Aug 25, 2009
My needs are along the lines of on all the time EXCEPT during a block of hours certain days a week. I think I can set that up as it stands, but haven't tried yet.

Sent from my TBolt with the XDA App using 1 opposable thumb

ba_hamilton

Nov 21, 2010
Kansas City
themesinmotion.com
This app works great. I've got 3 schedules set up that turns wifi on and off at various times. Works great.

On a side note - how do I remove the donate button in my side bar? I don't recall putting it there and I can't find the option to remove it in the user settings.

dleeming

Jun 12, 2007
Ballincollig
This app works great. I've got 3 schedules set up that turns wifi on and off at various times. Works great.

On a side note - how do I remove the donate button in my side bar? I don't recall putting it there and I can't find the option to remove it in the user settings.

Just remove your Paypal email address from your "USER CP" - additional details.

Paypal Donation Email
Enter your Paypal Donation Email for members to make donations to you

Reactions: ba_hamilton

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Update 1.0.1 for Wifi Timer

Hi there!
I just released the first update for my app, Wifi Timer.

It delivers the following functionality which some users from xda-developers (you!) have requested:
  • Use of 12/24 hour time display as per phone settings
  • Support for Android 4.0 (ICS) and higher (it was working earlier as well, but I had not extensively tested my app on ICS)
  • Fixed a minor UI bug during selection of Wifi Start/Stop Time for an existing schedule

This is only a minor update to ensure that the most urgent (and quick to complete) feature requests are delivered as soon as possible. Also, apart from the small UI bug (which is now fixed), I have not yet come across any bugs :)

Do let me know what you think! Of course, you can always e-mail me for any issue, feature request or suggestion from the app itself (by pressing the menu button). Or you can post here (I regularly check this thread).

I realise that a lot of you are waiting for similar a functionality with Bluetooth/3G/Airplane mode/Screen brightness/GPS etc.

Just give me some time :cool:

Have fun! I hope you save lots and lots of battery life with the app!

zeigerapps

Mar 8, 2012
Bonn
zeigerapps.blogspot.com
Update 1.2 for Wifi Timer

Hello!
I've been busy the past few weeks but finally am able to release version 1.2 of my Wifi Timer app.

The most important feature in this release is the ability to temporarily deactivate and then later, activate any wifi schedule.
This is especially helpful when you have your schedules set but don't want them to execute for the next few days, like when you're on a vacation! Instead of deleting them, you can now just deactivate them so that when you're back, you can activate them again! This removes the need to create them from scratch again.

If you'd like to read more about version 1.2, you can visit the official blog post here.

I hope you like the app. I am always just a small message away from resolving your questions, doubts or bugs in the code!
Please feel free to ask for any more features. I will try to develop as many as I can!

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
Good to hear. Will update when receive notification.

I think I have some ideas, but I can't remember right now... :confused:

Sent from Xperia X10 Mini Pro using ICS by paul-xxx

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
So, I have a request. It's possible to make a option to activate Sync too? I set to turn on the Wifi on the morning and I want it to turn sync on too.

Sent from Xperia X10 Mini Pro using ICS by paul-xxx

ting1234

Sep 8, 2010
Hi.

I have a Samsung Galaxy s i9000 using ICSSGS 4.2 ROM and Semaphore kernel. Do you know why I can't download the app from the market? It says my device is incompatible. Thank you.

Realized a number of ICS devices also could not download the apk. Is it possible to upload an updated version here? I think the previously posted one is an old version.

Thank you.

Last edited:

gbweller

Feb 20, 2010
Duluth, MN
It isn't turning off WiFi on HTC Flyer running Leedroid 4.3

I'm really bummed that it isn't working. I set up my schedules, long pressed to verify that they were active, and then rebooted. WiFi was on even though it was a time that it should have been off. There isn't a menu option to "set on boot" that I can see. What am I missing? (forgive me if this has been addressed)

Last edited:

Felimenta97

Aug 5, 2011
Ribeirão Preto
It seems to be the only app of its kind and I'm really bummed that it isn't working. I set up my schedules, long pressed to verify that they were active, and then rebooted. WiFi was on even though it was a time that it should have been off. There isn't a menu option to "set on boot" that I can see. What am I missing? (forgive me if this has been addressed)

It always worked perfectly for me.

Sent from my LT26i with Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello android fans,
    I have just released the "Wifi Timer" app which I personally developed.

Wifi Timer is a free to use android application to ensure that the Wifi on your device starts and stops automatically, whenever you want it to

If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?

Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop, saving you some battery life and saving you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead

Try it out. It is simple, ad free and free to use.

Some snapshots:
    1.png

2.png

7.png

8.png

Here is the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zeiger.android.wifitimer

Do feel free to ask me about any issues, questions or feature requests. I hope you really like the app.

Have fun!
    Zeiger Apps
    Gave it a try. Seems to work alright. Handy for someone with predictable a 9-5 job and no wifi at work.

But I can do the same thing with AutomateIt, which I already paid for, so I'll probably continue to use that (no offense). But for someone who doesn't feel like setting that up manually I imagine this would work pretty well.
    Hello people,
    I just released version 2.0 of the Wifi Timer app.
    It is now compatible with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean! It also includes a beautiful Wifi widget. Try it out: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.zeiger.android.wifitimer

Here's how the new Wifi Timer widget looks in its 3 different states: http://i.imgur.com/VHM6s.png

For more information about this release, please see the official blog post here: http://zeigerapps.blogspot.de/2012/07/wifi-timer-version-20.html

I hope you all like the app!

I am attaching the apk file for the latest version along with this post as well, so you can still use it even if you cannot download it from Google Play (for whatever reason).

Kindly let me know what you think!

Regards,
    Zeiger Apps
    Bah, was going to make the same app with the same name. Already had the project started, just no time to finish :p

I will give yours a try though, hopefully will help my battery even more.

By the way, if you make this a bit more advanced, you will definitely be able to make money off it, especially if you market it as a battery saver
    Hello android fans,
    I have just released the "Wifi Timer" app which I personally developed.

Wifi Timer is a free to use android application to ensure that the Wifi on your device starts and stops automatically, whenever you want it to

If you're not using a Wifi connection all day, why keep it active and searching for a network all day?

Use this app to specify when you want your Wifi connection to start and stop, saving you some battery life and saving you from using your mobile data plan when you could use a Wifi connection instead

Try it out. It is simple, ad free and free to use.

Here are some snapshots and the download link (on Google Play/Android Market):

Do feel free to ask me about any issues, questions or feature requests. I hope you really like the app.

PS: I am new to the xda-developers community (just created an account). I do plan to be a very active member. This is my first post, so kindly excuse the fact that I put my apps download link inside the "QUOTE" tag. As soon as I have some reputation, I will change it to the "URL" tag and insert some snapshots of the app right here.

Have fun!
    Zeiger Apps

Nice keeping it Ad-free !
    Posted on my blog.

Cheers !