[App] [10+] Edge Lighting Infinity - Light up Samsung's in-built Edge Lighting for an infinite duration!

Search This thread

larryk

Jun 19, 2011
Pahrump, NV
Interesting, it does work, but I do not want repeated notifications (only the original) I only want to extend the edge lighting... so I have to pay to unlock an alpha product to see if that part works?

Interesting, it does work, but I do not want repeated notifications (only the original) I only want to extend the edge lighting... so I have to pay to unlock an alpha product to see if that part works?
I was going to post about this too. I'd like the edge lighting to flash more than one time, but with the actual popup notification only once.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
So, first things first, this is pretty cool! Seems to work fine so far too.
However, the near fullscreen ads literally every time you do something, even just hitting the settings button, is a bit much. I get you want to make some money for your time, and you should, but maybe a little less instrusive? I'd be happy to pay a fee for this if it continues to work as expected.

I am glad you find it cool! :)

The App is mostly of a one-time setup and use nature, I do not expect users to access it everyday and so, please bare with the small incentive I receive for the development efforts! Thank you.

Do let me know how your experience goes as you continue using the App.
Cool thanks ai will give this a try. Was using another app that lit up the camera punch hole but I Uninstalled that because I always saw the aod before the flashing ring itself.

You will be happy to know that this one legit doesn't turn on the CPU or hacks into AOD in its current state. :)

I was going to post about this too. I'd like the edge lighting to flash more than one time, but with the actual popup notification only once.

The App triggers the actual system in-built Edge Lighting, everytime there is a repeat the bubble notification will pop-up. However, I am working on several features which includes ability to hide that, watch out for the updates! :)

Awesome concept and integration into what Samsung already has! License purchased, keep up the great work!

Glad you like it! Much appreciated! :)

need support for others A series devices with edge lighting support

Other Galaxy devices do not have the Edge Lighting effect. However, if there is enough interest, I shall consider implementing the App's own Edge Lighting effect for devices that do not have it, and it will still not wake up CPU! ;)

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Hi! The App is only available for Samsung devices that have in-built Edge Lighting effect. Distributing via Play Store helps in communicating the compatibility well to everyone and shall save me from the flood of emails saying "not working with my phone!". :)

freezingpoint

May 24, 2013
Melbourne
App works great, but I do have a smart watch so the repeated notifications is not ideal. I will gladly pay for the app if it doesn't do repeated notifications on my watch.

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
App works great, but I do have a smart watch so the repeated notifications is not ideal. I will gladly pay for the app if it doesn't do repeated notifications on my watch.
I am working on a custom effect which will take care of wearable compatibility, however that would mean loosing the in-built Edge Lighting effects though.

Will see what's the best I can do.

Could you please install this App and confirm what it says under 'Device' tab and again under 'Device' section.
Screenshot_20220708-230502_Device Info.jpg

VICosPhi

Aug 2, 2010
Phoenix
Great app, thank you! Is there any way to select specific apps that you want notifications from vs all apps?

jagan2

Recognized Developer
Jul 8, 2009
Great app, thank you! Is there any way to select specific apps that you want notifications from vs all apps?

Thank you, the Repeat Blocklist feature allows you to have Edge Lighting notification for exactly 1 time (standard) and after that the Apps in the block list will not be repeated by Edge Lighting Infinity.

This way, you do not miss on any notification even the lowest priority ones, as higher ones keep repeating for your attention.

Also, if you do not wish to light up the screen for some Apps at all, you can remove the Apps from the Edge Lighting system settings.

Reactions: VICosPhi

spart0n

So far after using it for a while, there's a ton of ads, not like your other apps. And 2, a suggestion, have the edge lighting stop when the device is unlocked, or at least have that as an option
Also a bug I've noticed with my Samsung watch4, when it repeats the edge light it repeats the notification on my watch over and over

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

So far after using it for a while, there's a ton of ads, not like your other apps. And 2, a suggestion, have the edge lighting stop when the device is unlocked, or at least have that as an option
    Also a bug I've noticed with my Samsung watch4, when it repeats the edge light it repeats the notification on my watch over and over

Hi there! I shall reduce the frequency of Ads but please do understand that the App's revenue is barely anything that actually supports the development at this point. :)

Watch compatibility in a future version. :)

@jagan2 thank you, excellent app. Purchased the license :)
    Hoping to hear in future version it will support detailed notification option under edge lighting and also ability to hide the message popup for notification.

Awesome! More features are under work! :)
    featuregraphic.png

eli_logo.png
    Samsung's in-built Edge Lighting + Infinity makes a powerful and reliable LED notification system for your device.

NO Always On Display (AOD) hack.
    NO Screen Overlays.
    NO Wake Lock.

NATIVE Edge Lighting triggered by this App is as pure and efficient as it can get for a reliable LED notification system.

By default, Edge Lighting on your Samsung Galaxy device lights up only once per unread notification for a limited duration (between 4 - 8 seconds maximum.)

lighting2.png
    main1.png

infinity1.png
    edgenative.png

Edge Lighting Infinity features:

• Control Edge Lighting duration.
    • Set a custom time interval (in seconds, minutes or hours!) This helps in conserving battery further from an already efficiently displaying native Edge Lighting.
    • Repeat/persistently show Edge Lighting for configurable number of recent notifications or for all unread notifications from all Apps.
    • Edge Lighting by default will show atleast once per unread notifications for all eligible Apps (set in your device's Edge Lighting settings.) You can block a list of Apps from repeating the Edge Lighting with this App.
    • Edge Lighting styles, which includes App based colors, notification content based colors, transparency, width, effect is all configurable in your device's in-built Edge Lighting settings.
    This is an Alpha version for the App which have been tested only on Android 12 on limited number of devices, although it's compatible with Android 10+. Currently, Edge Lighting Infinity is designed to work only when the screen is off (as that's when you need a persistent LED notification system.)

Please feel free to reach out to me via email if you face any issue, I will be more than happy to resolve them.

google-play-badge.png

Please leave a review/rating on Google Play Store if you find the App useful! :)

Compatibility: Currently the App only supports Samsung Galaxy devices that have in-built Edge Lighting with actual edge based effects (with exception to Z Flip series), this includes, Galaxy S10, S10 e, S10+, S10 Lite S10+ Olympic Games Edition, S20, S20 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S21 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, S21 5G, S21 FE 5G, S21+ 5G, S22, S22+ S22 Ultra, Note 10, Note 10 5G, Note 10+, Note 10+ 5G, Note 20 Ultra 5G, Z Fold 3 5G.

Warning: If you have a wearable device connected to your phone, they will receive repeated notifications as a side effect. The App, for the moment is only designed to work standalone to notify you through Edge Lighting only on your phone.
    Thanks, this works great, makes my watch go stupid though, but great app buddy

I have an upcoming feature that will take into account your connected Wearable! ;)
    Update: I am waiting for approval of an update to Google Play Store version, it's going to take some time before it's available worldwide.

Those who are interested in getting an early access, attached to this post is the apk, be sure to upgrade to Play Store version when available! :)
    Why does it only work on brief and not detailed popup?

That's how Samsung has built Edge Lighting to be, but you would be glad to know, in future versions of the App there would be a possibility for detailed one and may be even taking action on them without turning on screen ;)
    I am working on a custom effect which will take care of wearable compatibility, however that would mean loosing the in-built Edge Lighting effects though.

Will see what's the best I can do.