• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[APP][11/17/12]CM10 Message app with Theme engine compatible/Quick Popup

Search This thread

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Some of you might know the latest AOKP messaging app has been modified to allow the theme engine to theme the entire messaging app. However it lacks a lot of options the cm10 messaging app now has especially the quick message popup, vibrate on call etc.

More info here http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...fication-shade-quick-reply-action-on-the-way/

thanks to orangefever for the heads up..

So I decided to make the cm10 messaging app theme engine compatible. I also added theme support for the popup window. This is completely STOCK except for the added theme engine support.

These are no longer needed since cm10 has now merged full MMS theme engine support.

For those of you who want to add message theming to you cm10 theme apk I will also include a inverted working example. Keep in mind this is JB only and those who would use your theme apk with cm9/ICS it will surely break the message app and make it unreadable.

The Mms.apk I have attached should work on any ROM thats based off JB cm10/AOKP variant.

The template to add inverted mms to your Jelly Bean theme apk is attached to the post below.

Transparent Mixer JB Mms Download
With animated notifications..Just flash this if you want trans mms with the new cm10. Screenshots below..

Mixer for JB Only
This is my Mixer theme with transparent messaging added just for the above stock messaging app. Now has transparent Contact list and dialer.

Big thanks to the cm10 and AOKP teams..
B_boytm for submitting full MMS theme support.
Travp624 at rootwiki.com for inverted images..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-09-09-09-55-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-09-09-55-10.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 6,927
  • Screenshot_2012-09-09-09-55-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-09-09-55-41.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 6,875
  • Screenshot_2012-09-09-09-56-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-09-09-09-56-55.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 6,113
  • inverted_mms-theme_engine_template.zip
    178.9 KB · Views: 729
  • inverted_mms-theme_engine_template-v2.zip
    179 KB · Views: 684
Last edited:

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
awesome thanks!!

lol i was literally gonna make this the other day... but i was working on my new theme for release... my themes have supported my own version of mms.apk since JB came out... i hate doing extra work especially if its done already... i have a few questions tho... was the Mms.apk in the screenshots inverted and that's why it has white text? or is the font, app wide, theme-able? does this mms.apk have "emoji" support, sms split (160 char), mms convert (sms over 160 doesn't split it, just converts to mms)??

sorry for all the questions... just wanna know if i should download this or not... and maybe we can work together to get a universal mms.apk... i heard bboy is working on being able to theme a lot of apps that aren't currently theme-able...

Reactions: nandroidz

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
awesome thanks!!

lol i was literally gonna make this the other day... but i was working on my new theme for release... my themes have supported my own version of mms.apk since JB came out... i hate doing extra work especially if its done already... i have a few questions tho... was the Mms.apk in the screenshots inverted and that's why it has white text? or is the font, app wide, theme-able? does this mms.apk have "emoji" support, sms split (160 char), mms convert (sms over 160 doesn't split it, just converts to mms)??

sorry for all the questions... just wanna know if i should download this or not... and maybe we can work together to get a universal mms.apk... i heard bboy is working on being able to theme a lot of apps that aren't currently theme-able...

The screenshots are definitely inverted..actually those pics are from my transparent mms..the font app wide is themeable..i used the new aokp that has full engine support as a guide and edited all the layouts needed to get the colors needed in colors.xml. If you download the stock one its completely stock colors..plain old white but supports theme engine.

the cm10 message app has emoji support..i sent a long text to myself and it appears to split after 160 and not auto convert to mms.

im fairly confident now i can add theme engine support to just about any JB message app. im not good with adding new options though.

evy5uqyd.jpg
e4e7anu5.jpg
zy9uvy3e.jpg

Last edited:

nguyenson91hp

Apr 14, 2011
Hai Phong
Any one here try emoji in new messaging app...the green droids is awesome, i think..but i prefer original ones...i try some MMS.apk but it didn't work like a charm ...i think that in the next release it will be great if there is an option to choose, Android style and Standard style..right?..

Apk07

Dec 23, 2007
Michigan
I would love this if there was a way to make it look like a stock inverted mms, that matches the rest of JB/ICS. I'd love it even more if the people app did the same thing.

hamid3pnn

Aug 21, 2011
hi

i have cm10 ,

which one should i install because i flash (Transparent Mixer JB Mms) in cmw but it says aborted, i use galaxy gio

thank you

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
All links updated with newer version.

hi

i have cm10 ,

which one should i install because i flash (Transparent Mixer JB Mms) in cmw but it says aborted, i use galaxy gio

thank you

manually push the Mms.apk to /system/app/ with like root explorer and set file permissions and reboot......

Last edited:
Reactions: anaraxia

anaraxia

Nov 9, 2011
Hertfordshire
Curious about a small issue... each time I apply a theme it removes the all the mods, that should apply with the theme apk, within mms.apk I then have to reinstall your modified mms.apk to regain the various themed parts to mms. Any reason for this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
Curious about a small issue... each time I apply a theme it removes the all the mods, that should apply with the theme apk, within mms.apk I then have to reinstall your modified mms.apk to regain the various themed parts to mms. Any reason for this?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

My theme is the only theme I know of that themes the MMS with this new theme engine support.

Apparently b-boy submitted the changes to cm10 team so hopefully they get merged.

At some point I imagine more themers will support it but right now probably not.

the1dynasty

Dec 16, 2011
where can i download this theme chooser compatible mms?? i wanna see if my themes grab it... i saw a SS on someone else's phone the other day that wasn't MY mms.apk but it was still showing my themed images... i've had the themed images in my themes since JB so hopefully its only minor changes and i don't have to redo them all... maybe just fix a few lines lol

anaraxia

Nov 9, 2011
Hertfordshire
My theme is the only theme I know of that themes the MMS with this new theme engine support.

Apparently b-boy submitted the changes to cm10 team so hopefully they get merged.

At some point I imagine more themers will support it but right now probably not.

sorry i should have been more specific... the theme im building, each time i make changes and apply to test them, i then lose the mms mods and have to reinstall the mms.apk.

hopefully they merge

MrDSL

Nov 17, 2006
where can i download this theme chooser compatible mms?? i wanna see if my themes grab it... i saw a SS on someone else's phone the other day that wasn't MY mms.apk but it was still showing my themed images... i've had the themed images in my themes since JB so hopefully its only minor changes and i don't have to redo them all... maybe just fix a few lines lol

the newest one is right here http://d-h.st/gVj

Reactions: the1dynasty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some of you might know the latest AOKP messaging app has been modified to allow the theme engine to theme the entire messaging app. However it lacks a lot of options the cm10 messaging app now has especially the quick message popup, vibrate on call etc.

More info here http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/0...fication-shade-quick-reply-action-on-the-way/

thanks to orangefever for the heads up..

So I decided to make the cm10 messaging app theme engine compatible. I also added theme support for the popup window. This is completely STOCK except for the added theme engine support.

These are no longer needed since cm10 has now merged full MMS theme engine support.

For those of you who want to add message theming to you cm10 theme apk I will also include a inverted working example. Keep in mind this is JB only and those who would use your theme apk with cm9/ICS it will surely break the message app and make it unreadable.

The Mms.apk I have attached should work on any ROM thats based off JB cm10/AOKP variant.

The template to add inverted mms to your Jelly Bean theme apk is attached to the post below.

Transparent Mixer JB Mms Download
    With animated notifications..Just flash this if you want trans mms with the new cm10. Screenshots below..

Mixer for JB Only
    This is my Mixer theme with transparent messaging added just for the above stock messaging app. Now has transparent Contact list and dialer.

Big thanks to the cm10 and AOKP teams..
    B_boytm for submitting full MMS theme support.
    Travp624 at rootwiki.com for inverted images..
    works perfectly
    thanks

here is a Mixer apk for it that supports complete trans via the theme engine
    Hi MrDSL

Thanks for the this inverted mms theme chooser template.

May i ask you question, how to remove this white wrapper and white list divider

Thanks

should be in colors.xml

<color name="darkgray_backgrounds">#20000000</color>
    <color name="dividers">#20000000</color>

does group texting work?

its stock cm10 Mms so if it works there then it should yes.

are your template for theme chooser also updated?
    still waiting for cm10 to merged this compatibility,
    thanks...

yeah..the only thing i see that has been added since I did it is 3 color codes.
    Code:
        <color name="com_android_mms_quickmessage_body_dark_bg">#ff000000</color>
        <color name="com_android_mms_quickmessage_body_light_bg">#fff3f3f3</color>
        <color name="com_android_mms_compose_message_text_counter">#ffffffff</color>

It's working ONLY for JB?

Yes only JB
    looks like cm10 added newline mod option into the stock Mms app

links added to OP
    thats what i did but apparently it didn't fix the problem, try to use it as tableui it should become totally transparent

Ill attach pictures from other pc 2 min :)

i thought you just tried com_android_systemui_status_bar_bg_tile.xml

Ill switch to tableui here in a sec