[App][17.03.14]Dr.Ketan's Utilities

Search This thread

dr.ketan

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Dr.Ketan's Utilities

As you know guys I am no more active on Note2 forum now but I have made this small utility for Note 3 and with minimal change we can use it on Note2 too, so I took opportunity to present on Note2 forum as well.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Features :
Application have list of functions it can offers, which devided in two parts A.Toggles - Simply you can On with single Press OR OFF with long press on Icon. B.Tasks - single press on icon warn you about task and long press on icon will perform task.
All Menu have self explanatory po up menus and clicking on any menu, it will inform you detail about feature.

1.Call Recording - It can auto record Incomng call and Outgoing call. You can select it separately. File will be saved to IntSD/Sounds folder. Make sure folder is available otherwise make it manually. On N9005 if your ROM is not fixed for call recording you may needs to flash recording fix (available on download section)

2.Auto GPS This will turn ON GPS when you open some common applications which requires GPS like Maps,Camera,Sygic,N Drive,S Note, Scrapbook and few more. It also will turn OFF GPS when you exit from these applications.

3.Auo Wifi It will Auto Turn OFF WIFI if there is no active connection for 10 min.

4.Auto Blutooth This will auto turn OFF Bluetooth if BT is ON with unpaired stat for more than 10min.

5.Smart Network. This will turn OFF Mobile data after 30sec of turning screen off, and Auto turn ON with screen ON.

6.Media Scanner You must be knowing about media scanning process of android with every boot and USB disconnection. This utility can turn OFF media scanning and you can scan device (usually needs after updating media files) anytime by turning it ON.

7.Torch (Flash light) on shaking device. If you shake device Lt to Rt when screen is ON (Home screen OR Lock screen), torch light will be ON. it will auto off after 20sec. You can manually turn off earlier from screen. Note that if you turn off manually then you can use this utility again after 20sec finish. Also note that if your ROM doesn't have Flashlight Toggle inbuilt then you have to flash Torch files separately (available in download section)

8.Ligin security This will silently capture picture if someone attempts to unlock screen two times with wrong password. File will be stored in IntSD/DCIM/DrKetan utilities folder
If login security not working then do this
setting-general-security-deviec admin - enable for Secure setting here
Also make sure you have Dr.Ketan_utilities folder under Int sdcard/DCIM

9.EFS Backup/Restore Simple as name suggest it will make EFS back and Restore. When you backup, file will ve saved to IntSD root directore as efs.img, also there will be other text file for time stamp. Note than when you restore EFS you must have to keep efs.img on root directory of IntSD

10.Data FIX This is work around for issue after restoring data with titanium on latest firmware. If you find force closes after restoring data with TB, you can perform this task.

11.IntSD FIX This is workaround for IntSD read error on latest kitkat. usually happens after moving AOSP to TW ROM.

12.Recovery Flasher No more PC dependency for flashing recovery. Just extract your desire recovery to recovery.img and keep on root directory of IntSD and run the task, that's it. You can use this even on stock recovery.

Special Instructions
-Needs rooted device
-This application needs some plug in and if it missing on your device running first time this app will leads to play store to download it.
-This requres root. If any function doesn't work then check SuperSU if SU permission was not denied accidently. You can trigger superSU permissin by turning outgoing call record ON and when you end first outgong call it will ask for SuperSU permission.

ROM Inclusion and sharing
This application you can includes to ROM without my permission but you have to follow these conditions
  • Application can't be temper by any means and have to include as it is, also you havn't to hide from drawer.
  • Proper credits is must on OP
  • Link to this thread is must on OP

Download and Installation Instruction
If you want to support development you can buy a coffee by donation OR you can buy donate application from play store

Play store link - TPlay store version now updated to functional application. This play store appl have 3min time to switch off non connected wifi and bluetooth. also have user application for Torch. you can install without CWM. Pro CSC features also included. just to note, play store version is common for all device and EFS,Recovery tool excluded.
N7100
1.Download Dr.Ketan Utility N7100 V1.0 and simply install as regular apk
2.If your ROM doesn't having Torch Toggle, you needs to flash Torch.apk use flashlight on shaking feature. Download Torch file and flash from CWM

N900/N9005

Other Devices
All features except for EFS Backup/Restore and Recovery flash should work on any 4.0 + devices. To add support these features to your device in future, you needs to send me PIT files of your device.

Attachments

• 2014-03-17-12-03-10.png
    2014-03-17-12-03-10.png
    62 KB · Views: 42,604
  • 2014-03-17-12-03-29.png
    2014-03-17-12-03-29.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 42,522
  • Torch.zip
    326.9 KB · Views: 2,247
  • Record_Fix_N9005.zip
    194 KB · Views: 9,155
Last edited:

54NJ41

Jan 21, 2010
Gods own country
Hi can we add more apps to the Gps auto on/off
And anyway thank you very much for this wonderful app it's really very useful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using xda app-developers app

nitol

Sep 1, 2009
dhaka
After installing the plugin, while long pressing home button, 'android process stopped' and took back to lock screen. On KitKAT.
Regards.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: Reza Kashkuli

omdevsinh

May 12, 2013
When i open the app it say Should I try to retrieve now amd I press yes but not open app and its back to app drawer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dr.Ketan's Utilities

As you know guys I am no more active on Note2 forum now but I have made this small utility for Note 3 and with minimal change we can use it on Note2 too, so I took opportunity to present on Note2 forum as well.

attachment.php
    attachment.php

Features :
    Application have list of functions it can offers, which devided in two parts A.Toggles - Simply you can On with single Press OR OFF with long press on Icon. B.Tasks - single press on icon warn you about task and long press on icon will perform task.
    All Menu have self explanatory po up menus and clicking on any menu, it will inform you detail about feature.

1.Call Recording - It can auto record Incomng call and Outgoing call. You can select it separately. File will be saved to IntSD/Sounds folder. Make sure folder is available otherwise make it manually. On N9005 if your ROM is not fixed for call recording you may needs to flash recording fix (available on download section)

2.Auto GPS This will turn ON GPS when you open some common applications which requires GPS like Maps,Camera,Sygic,N Drive,S Note, Scrapbook and few more. It also will turn OFF GPS when you exit from these applications.

3.Auo Wifi It will Auto Turn OFF WIFI if there is no active connection for 10 min.

4.Auto Blutooth This will auto turn OFF Bluetooth if BT is ON with unpaired stat for more than 10min.

5.Smart Network. This will turn OFF Mobile data after 30sec of turning screen off, and Auto turn ON with screen ON.

6.Media Scanner You must be knowing about media scanning process of android with every boot and USB disconnection. This utility can turn OFF media scanning and you can scan device (usually needs after updating media files) anytime by turning it ON.

7.Torch (Flash light) on shaking device. If you shake device Lt to Rt when screen is ON (Home screen OR Lock screen), torch light will be ON. it will auto off after 20sec. You can manually turn off earlier from screen. Note that if you turn off manually then you can use this utility again after 20sec finish. Also note that if your ROM doesn't have Flashlight Toggle inbuilt then you have to flash Torch files separately (available in download section)

8.Ligin security This will silently capture picture if someone attempts to unlock screen two times with wrong password. File will be stored in IntSD/DCIM/DrKetan utilities folder
    If login security not working then do this
    setting-general-security-deviec admin - enable for Secure setting here
    Also make sure you have Dr.Ketan_utilities folder under Int sdcard/DCIM

9.EFS Backup/Restore Simple as name suggest it will make EFS back and Restore. When you backup, file will ve saved to IntSD root directore as efs.img, also there will be other text file for time stamp. Note than when you restore EFS you must have to keep efs.img on root directory of IntSD

10.Data FIX This is work around for issue after restoring data with titanium on latest firmware. If you find force closes after restoring data with TB, you can perform this task.

11.IntSD FIX This is workaround for IntSD read error on latest kitkat. usually happens after moving AOSP to TW ROM.

12.Recovery Flasher No more PC dependency for flashing recovery. Just extract your desire recovery to recovery.img and keep on root directory of IntSD and run the task, that's it. You can use this even on stock recovery.

Special Instructions
    -Needs rooted device
    -This application needs some plug in and if it missing on your device running first time this app will leads to play store to download it.
    -This requres root. If any function doesn't work then check SuperSU if SU permission was not denied accidently. You can trigger superSU permissin by turning outgoing call record ON and when you end first outgong call it will ask for SuperSU permission.

ROM Inclusion and sharing
    This application you can includes to ROM without my permission but you have to follow these conditions
    • Application can't be temper by any means and have to include as it is, also you havn't to hide from drawer.
    • Proper credits is must on OP
    • Link to this thread is must on OP

Download and Installation Instruction
    If you want to support development you can buy a coffee by donation OR you can buy donate application from play store

Play store link - TPlay store version now updated to functional application. This play store appl have 3min time to switch off non connected wifi and bluetooth. also have user application for Torch. you can install without CWM. Pro CSC features also included. just to note, play store version is common for all device and EFS,Recovery tool excluded.
    N7100
    1.Download Dr.Ketan Utility N7100 V1.0 and simply install as regular apk
    2.If your ROM doesn't having Torch Toggle, you needs to flash Torch.apk use flashlight on shaking feature. Download Torch file and flash from CWM

N900/N9005

Other Devices
    All features except for EFS Backup/Restore and Recovery flash should work on any 4.0 + devices. To add support these features to your device in future, you needs to send me PIT files of your device.
    Download link updated
    This behaviour may be from some xposed module incompatibility.

Sent from my SM-N900 using xda premium

I think thats cause of its quick launcher from Recent apps area.
    (The button that has been come instead of Google search button).
    After installing the plugin, while long pressing home button, 'android process stopped' and took back to lock screen. On KitKAT.
    Regards.

I have such problem
    Im on 4.3 Phoenix
    And when I hold home button, i have system ui fc
    Please help dr